Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 09:53 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ And Ready To Try Again ..#404

WELCOME !!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!
Old 09-07-2003, 10:01 PM   #2  

Angry Howdy all !!!!

Gee.. it has been a longgggg time since I have started a new thread.
I feel like I should have taken more time to make it fancier but wanted to get it going ASAP. Next time I will be sure to add color and smilies and God Bless America and everything else I forgot.

If this is the first time you have read in our little thread ... let me HIGHLY recommend you go back and read #403.... It was a great one. I think I am going to go back and print it out.
A little tip if you want to print an entire thread.
If you just hit print... it prints out EVERYTHING !!!! Takes about 15 pages.
If you hit... "show printable version" it cuts that down to about 10 or so. Still shows siggies and pics.
BUT ... if you hit "reply" ... Then print that page... you only get the written words.
In fact... I hit "reply" ... then copy and paste it on a plain site so I don't print any advertisement or instructions either. (hope this makes sense)

BUT... one nuisance that way... it prints it all backwards. LOL
The last post first and the first post last.
Just depends on how much paper you want to use... and color ink to use on pics and smilies and such.
Just my Tuesday Tip... on Sunday.

SANDY... be sure to go back to page 2 on the last thread... I wrote you there and didn't want to repeat myself here too. {{ HUGS }}

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 09-07-2003 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:15 PM   #3  

Arrow This will NOT be my post.. but rather Syns

syn was posting at the same time I was starting a new thread so I wanted to move her over here for everyone to see. Good to see you Syn. Here is SYN's post....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Hey All,

QueenB and KatBGood....Wonderful to read your posts regarding recommitment....I am once again REJOINING WW on Friday.....Can't tell you how many times I have fallen off that wagon..but if you can pick yourselves up, dust yourselves off and try again you are truely my inspiration! Who cares how many times we have to start over...We can DO this!

peekabooangel : there is a nice seat right by me on the OP wagon...but I have asked them to put up some higher sides on the wagon and watch for bumps in the road so I don't fall off!

determined to succeed: Way to go with the exercise! You go girl!

Grannie39074 : Good looking recipe, thx...and I too, have thought about WW on line, but I guess I am the kind of person that needs the accountablility of weighing in weekly...*sighs* But oh, How I do hate that @+#+!# scales!

MichelleK : I do like your determination!!! There is a very long seat on my wagon, climb aboard...we will not fall off we enough of us are sitting together!!! And we can hang on to one another when the going gets iffy!

homebound : I so wanted to join chat last night myself...I can't get the java thing to open.....I have no idea what to do so I can join you gals when you chat.....

MissMeliss: Glad your day is going smoothly....Sounds like you are going to have something to walk to.....Are they musicial tapes? I am just to big and too uncomfortable to walk without pain and need to figure out a better mode of exercise that I can stick with....There I have said the truth...hard to admit, but I get out of breath and I hurt like heck after just a few feet of walking....so embarrassing to face the fact that I have only myself to blame....that and the fact the arthritis and other health issues are compicated by food addictions!!! Wish I had something else I was addicted too...but I can't imagine any addiction is easy to overcome....

qsilver: Geeze Mama Bear in me would not be happy until that guy was faw away form my child/Children.....I saw a poster once that read "Disarm rapists" That says it all doesn't it? You sound like a very courageous family.... Bless your little girl she sounds so brave.

BarbPA: You are right...we can do this! We just need to keep reminding ourselves of that!!

2Cute: Good job on the bread and pop.....I don't have an issue with the bread! But I can go thru a lot of Pop...Now it is diet pop but non the less, I drink far too much of that on a regular basis....

I have responded to one page of posts....I better quit before I lose my whole reply....that has happened to me more than once! Makes me so huffy when that happens!

I need to get off this computer and feed the cat, and go and un pack some more boxes....I hope I don't have to move again...At least I have all the boxes in one room so I can shut the door if I need to when company comes.. My friend Cissy says she is coming to make me get rid of half the stuff I haven't used in years! She says, a keep pile, a give away pile, and a throw away pile...is what I need to have....and she says the keep pile should be very small.. Sounds like a drill sargent to me...

Here is to a good week!

~Syn~
Old 09-07-2003, 10:21 PM   #4  

Me one more time.
For someone who did NOT want to post tonight... I sure am here a lot.

Andria... I just wanted to give you some hugs too.{{{ HUGS }}}
I cannot imagine what it must be like for you and your family.
I cannot give any advise or suggestions. I can only give support.
I "used" to always say... "if it were me... " but life has taught me the lesson.. the hard way... Noone knows what he or she would do until it happens to them.
I just wanted to send you my love.

And everyone else.. I love you too.. and I don't think what you said was of less value ... I am just not in a good frame of mind for posting this moment. I will try to get back to all of you later.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:28 PM   #5  

Okay.. I am just going to get this off my chest.
You can all quit congratulating me on being bread and pop free.

I was good all day... then for dinner... I ate an Italian sub sandwich from Subway and shared a diet pop.
Okay... I said it.
I know .. no big deal... BUT ... TO ME IT IS !!!

Just how damn hard is it to not eat bread or diet pop ???
I could eat ANYTHING ... anything but bread and diet pop.... and I screwed it up!!!!
I DON"T want to hear condolences.. or cheer talks...
I just want to confess and move on. THANKS for listening.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:33 PM   #6  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs up 2cute:

You stink.

Just kidding!

Don't you know we love you anyways?

Who cares? It's over and done with and tomorrow is a brand new day!

Nightie night!
Old 09-08-2003, 07:13 AM   #7  

Thumbs up WARNING: VENTING POST BELOW!!!!

2CUTE: Thanks for the kind words, and I know what you mean, yet you are right the hurt is still there. I mean my mother in law, god love her and I have always gotten along really well, but lately, I just don't know. It all started about a year ago she finally got put on paxil or the equivalent of it, she really needed it!!! Anyway, now it's like she is someone so different and she knows it, she even says, I don't care what I say, just saying the truth. Well she only seems to use that line on me and my father in law. Everyone else she still hides her feelings and lets them walk all over her. My sister in law has her babysitting all the time and more than that, but the story is too long to get in to, and my hubby and I are the ones that get treated like crap o la. Yesterday, before the communion thing came to light, I asked if she was not busy if she could keep Alexis a little longer so I could run to Walmart and stuff without any kids. Well she said she was going to visit her sil in the hospital (hysterectomy) and that my neice was being picked up in a few minutes too. Well, I end up taking Alexis with me right then, then later I call back to talk about this communion thing and she has my neice and my nephew casue their parents went to the car races for the third time this weekend!!!!! MAD???? Indeed I was and still am. This is not the first time it has happend and I am sure it is not the last.

Believe me I have called her bluff on that one and her answer is that she knows that my hubby (her oldest son) and I take care of our kids and make sure they get what they need and all that bull crap and that she has to help out with the other kids (the youngest sons 3 kids!!) Give me a break!!! Yes, I am jealous and hurt and mad and what ever other feelings there are that go along with that. Just because hubby and I are better parents does that mean that she should not do as much with mine? They are old enough to see the differences now, especially my 11 year old. He is always saying how come "NIK" the oldest grandson(12) gets to go and stay at Nanas. God, I could go on and on and bore your ears to death, but I'm just venting and I'm sorry. Thanks for listening, well reading......

I'm off to work now, I have to take Alexis to my moms, cause she is sick and Evan says he fell and hurt his back while hauling lobster traps yesterday??? First I heard of this. So here it is week 2 of school and both my kids are AWOL.....Oh god.....insanity at Sandys house. I will be so glad to go away this weekend......(only hold back is my mil is going too....)
Old 09-08-2003, 07:21 AM   #8  

Sorry for the venting up there......I'm breathing now and not fuming.....here we go 1~2~3~4~5 etc.

Just wanted to leave on a happy note, when I hit submit post and waited and looked to make sure it posted I noticed that I was at my 800th post.....WOWZERS, I'm a chatty thing....lol

Love ya all, and wishing you all a marvy Monday.......{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}
Old 09-08-2003, 09:26 AM   #9  

MORNING CHICKIES, ARE YOU CHICKS UP AND MOVING THIS AM??? GUESS MOST OF YOU ARE GETTING READY TO GO TO WORK....ME? I'M OFF!

Sandy, 800 posts!!! good for you girl...regarding situation with mil, I dont have one, so cant really comment, but I could see why you are exasperated!! Hope all works out.

2cute, Syn, here's to a new wk....

: LET'S MAKE IT A GREAT ONE
Old 09-08-2003, 10:09 AM   #10  

Cool Cranky!

I am mis-er-a-ble! I feel bad for poor Tom, all weekend I was a nut case. One minute I was yelling at him for watching too much football and the next I was sad, then angry again. What is my problem? I don't usually get PMS so I don't think it's that. I don't know how much more of myself I can take. It would feel so good right now to have a giant piece of chocolate cake and a cigarette!
I know that I won't because I've just come so far, but I can't stop thinking about it. I won't bore all of you with my complaining but I had to get it out.
Monday again and it's slow and quiet here. At least the weather is beautiful. I think I might go for a brisk walk tonight instead of working out inside. The fresh air will probably do me good.
Hopefully when I come back I'll be more postive, thanks for listening! Everyone have a great Monday!
Old 09-08-2003, 10:25 AM   #11  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Monday morning! You want a clue into how odd this chickie really is? I actually enjoy Mondays. Even though the weekend is over, it means a return to schedule, and I really like that kind of order. I'm already dressed in workout clothes and plan to zoom off as soon as little munchkin is on the bus. Except for popping in to WI, I didn't make it to a Curves workout last week! I did do other exercise every day last week, but I miss everyone there as well. Besides, if I don't show up soon, Judy (our Curves owner) is going to be calling me to see if I'm ok.

I wanted to share something really cool I've realized for me about doing a low carb/high protein plan. Until I hit phase 3 I hadn't noticed it, but I don't wake up in the middle of the night with heartburn when I'm OP. I didn't have a Tums for 6 weeks! Now, with being off and on as I get my metabolism built back up, I'm noticing what havoc the simple carbs create in my system. I'm the poster child for IBS right now. UGH!

I have to leave really soon or I'll miss my chance to workout. Just wanted to offer some *HUGS* to Sandy. I think our MIL's might be identical twins separated at birth. Mine has taken away so many "first" experiences from me, things like first haircuts. She even decided to have a sex chat with my oldest. It is hard, and I can definitely understand your need to vent. Some people make themselves so difficult to love!

I wanted to thank the group of you all recommitting to your healthy way of living. The motivation is so amazing and is really helping to keep me going during this difficult phase of my own plan. How funny is it that the difficult phase is the one about maintaining?

Syn, I didn't have a chance to welcome you back. Wow, you have pushed through so much since the last time I saw you posting!

Oh, and a little note to Natalie. Thank you for sharing your experiences with quitting smoking, losing weight and fighting depression all at the same time. You gave me some words to share with one of my sisters yesterday who is going through a similar situation, even using the same meds. My sis has worked so hard to lose weight (stinker is a size 4!), and she is terrified of gaining back.

Ok, I'm off to work out! Aren't Mondays cool! Fresh start, fresh me!

Andria
Old 09-08-2003, 10:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Talking GOOD MORNING

Hello Friends
It's Monday Time to get moving anyway you want to.
I just got back from a 1 1/2 mile walk and it feels good
I am just relived that I got my school stuff taken care of, it's just that it's gone take a little time to get my first assignments done. I got my financial aid and I had to order my books so this why the wait, but I am so glad the classes these books are for are internet based, kind of like an individual paced thing.
I hope you all have a jumping, dancing, jogging MONDAY
Old 09-08-2003, 10:33 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Boy sll this talk about getting back on track has really motivated me. So far today I've walked my son to school, then walked home and I've done WATP 1 mile. I had wanted to get back to Curves today, but my MIL is sick so I don't have anyone to watch my daughter and I have to work tonight. However, it's such a beautiful day, I think I'm going to put Kayla in her stroller and go for another walk around the neighborhood. I also plan on walking to pick my son up from school later on. I'm on my 3rd bottle of water so far. Today is shaping up to be a great day. I've set some new goals for myself and I need you girls to help keep me accountable. Weight wise, I want to be under 250 by the end of the year. I want to be in onederland by next summer and I want to be at goal by the end of 2004. My other goals are to drink at least 80 oz of water daily and to get some form of exercise in at least 5 days a week. I can and will do this! Now on to replies.

Syn- welcome back!
2Cute- so you had a little setback. Just think though, it could have been a lot worse. You did it, you admitted it, now you can move on and keep on keeping on.
Sandy- sorry to hear you are having problems with the MIL. I get where you are coming from, but don't let it get to you too much. Jump back on the wagon with all of us.
Pam- good morning! You sure sound chipper this morning.
Natalie- sorry you are feeling out of sorts. I think we've all been there. Don't worry about complaining here. That's what we're here for.
Well I think that's all that posted here. Hello to everyone else.
Steph
Old 09-08-2003, 11:57 AM   #14  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs down Confession Time.....

Ok, they say confession is good for the soul....so let's give it a whirl.....

I confess I am VERY nervous about going back to WW today. Not nervous about looking like an idiot going back for the umpteenth time. Not nervous about trying to get back into the swing of things. I'm nervous about the way I'm going to feel when I see how much I've gained back.

I am among friends here, so if we're going to talk, let's talk all the way. When I re-joined last February, I weighed an all time high of 346.5. Through series of ups and downs, good weeks and not so good weeks, I eventually got down to 269.8. That's actually the lowest I'd weighed in a long time.

So, here I am today: I remember when I got out of the "3's", I swore to myself that I would never get back into them again. Yet, here I am. So you say, "Tina, how do you know that you're back in the 3's if you've not weighed yourself?" Well, if you remember, I went to the doctor a little over a month ago with a UTI, well.....they weighed me and even though I didn't verbally ask them how much I weighed, I did peek at the scale and I know it was over the 300 mark. I am so agrivated by this. #1. I hate being back in the 3's again. #2. I hate losing the same weight I have already lost. I am scared that when I see that number today, that I will feel like such a huge failure that it will overshadow the fact that I am actually re-joining WW and doing something good for myself.

I know..... I preach and preach and preach to not let the scale be your reward.....to let the fact that you are doing something good for yourself be your reward. Let the fact that you are eating better and striving to be healthy be your reward. I do believe that and I will try my best to strive for that when I get rolling on the program. What I'm concerned with is that initial jolt I'm going to get when I see that number today.

Oh well...... keep your fingers crossed for me. Just coming here and letting you know about my fears and knowing that you will be sending me good wishes while I'm there does make me feel better.

Here are my promises to you this week:

#1. I will only allow myself 1 cup (8 oz) of diet coke per day. Everything else I drink will be water.

#2. I will exercise no less than three days this week.

#3. I will stay within my points every single day.

I love you all and I will see you later this evening. I'm not sure how late it will be because I'm going to Walmart after I get out of my meeting to get some healthy stuff in the house!

I do want to say to Sandy though.... I can't say anything any better than what 2cute said earlier. MIL's drive me crazy sometime too, but take comfort in the fact that because of her age, she really probably didn't realize what was going on, but I'm sure it doesn't make you feel any better.

Oh well on MIL's!!

Old 09-08-2003, 12:54 PM   #15  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gang -
Just stopping in for a quick post...I have to be at a meeting in 10 min. I have a lot of posts to go back and read and digest....just wanted to say a couple things:

Tina ---- I'll be thinking about you today. You're a tough cookie - you are making the commitment to go back to WW and get back on plan. You can do it!!! Don't let the scale get you down. Just hop on it with your head held high knowing that you are making a change!!!!

Steph --- So good to see you back. I'm right there with you on the goals! Enjoy your walk - it's a beautiful day outside. Wish I wasnt' sitting in the office! Kat, Michelle, Natalie (?) and I are planning an outing to Peddler's village on 10-25. Are you interested in joining us? I'm not sure what part of NJ you are in.

Joanne - Welcome back!! I missed ya gal!!!

I managed to get my lazy butt out of bed this morning for the gym. It was not easy. I love sleeping and 5:40 is awfully early. However, once I got out of the house and into the gym I felt great!! That's the feeling I need to remember to get me out of bed in the AM.

I know I missed some of you --- I've got to go back and catch up on some posts! I'll try to do that later on!!! Gotta run for now!
Have a great day!!!
Barb
Closed Thread