Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #1  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Weekend Chat 9/1-9/2/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 09-01-2012, 08:35 AM   #2  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by schungish View Post
Hey IP friends--

This IP forum has been so helpful and I really love seeing everyone's results, it gets me so hyped up about my own results. I'm just starting my third week and I'm always looking forward to my WIs.

Anyways, have any of you made pork chops for dinner in Phase 1? It is allowed right?

Have a good night!
This was asked last night.

Here is my fav pork chop recipe. After that are a couple more.

Pantry Pork Chops -(Phases 1-4)
Marinade
1/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Splenda or Stevia
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 pork rib chops, about 1 1/4 inch thick each
Directions:
Marinade: in a medium bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients. Place the chops in a large plastic bag (Ziploc) and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place in a bowl, and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove the chops from the bag and discard the marinade. Allow to stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling. Sear the chops over direct high heat for 6 minutes, turning once halfway through searing time. Continue grilling over indirect medium heat until the juices run clear, 6 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

(Indirect barbeque cooking: the indirect method is similar to roasting, but with the added benefits of that grilled texture, flavor, and appearance that you can't get from an oven. Heat rises, reflects off the lid and inside surfaces of the grill, and slowly cooks the food evenly on all sides. The circulating heat works much like a convection oven, so there's no need to turn the food. Use the indirect method for foods that require 25 minutes or more of grilling time. Examples include roasts, ribs, whole chickens, turkeys, and other large cuts of meat, as well as delicate fish fillets. To grill by the indirect method on a gas grill, preheat the grill with all burners on high. Then adjust the burners on each side of the food to the temperature noted in the recipe and turn off the burner(s) directly below the food. For best results, place roasts, poultry, or large cuts of meat on a roasting rack set inside a disposable heavy-gauge foil pan. For longer cooking times, add water to the foil pan to keep drippings from burning.)

Southwest Pork chops
2 Porkchops
1 egg
spices
1 half bag of IP southwest cheese curls
1 Large Ziploc bag
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix the egg in a bowl
Coat pork chops in egg mixture
put half bag of cheese curls into the Ziploc and crush/pound until fine
Add various spices (I put cayenne, garlic, salt, and pepper)
Add the pork chops and shake until coated
Put pork chops on a baking sheet lined with foil/ olive oil
If there are any remnants of the cheese curls in the bag, add them to the tops of the pork chops and press the mixture on.
Bake for 1 hour and enjoy!

Garlic Lime Marinated Pork Chops
The lime zest gives these chops an extra zing. Adjust the seasoning to your liking. Make these in the broiler or on the grill. Serve this with cilantro lime rice on the side.
Servings: 4 • Cook Time: 8-10 minutes  Points: 6 ww points
4 (6 oz) lean boneless pork chops
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 lime, juice of
lime zest
salt and fresh pepper
Directions:
Trim any fat off pork. In a large bowl season pork with garlic, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Squeeze lime juice and some zest from the lime and let it marinade at least 20 minutes.
Line broiler pan with foil for easy clean up. Place pork chops on the broiler pan and broil about 4-5 minutes on each side or until nicely browned

Slow Cooker Spicy Pork Chops
4 lean chops
1/2 cup chicken broth
Chili sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
Chopped garlic
Directions:
Place all ingredients in slow cooker, cook on low for 5 hours. For non-dieters sauce can be used on rice (either Miracle Noodle rice or cauliflower rice).
Old 09-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #3  
Started IP 1/16/2012

WI this morning. This is after three weeks. No spectacular huge number, but a loss. I knew being gone to the cottage and at car shows all day and traveling, the water was a bit lacking and sometimes veggies. Being in my 60s I lose really slowly anyway so I'll take it, 3.8 lbs.

What excites me is I am less than 10 lbs from onderland.

Off to a car show. How to sell one of our cars or at least get interest in it.

Have a great OP weekend.

Molly
Old 09-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Good morning! Happy long weekend! I was so excited to sleep in this morning. I'm a teacher and just started working on Monday after 2 months off. Of course, I was up at 6:00 and couldn't sleep anymore. lol I already have a spaghetti sauce in the oven and plan on making lasagna for the family. I will make a big batch of cabbage soup for myself. I also just ate vanilla cookies (made from the mug cake recipe) and I added coconut extract. It was pretty good but I prefer the chocolate version.

Have an excellent OP day!! I'm off to search those «buns» everyone's been talking about!!!

P.S. Have you ever tried that tortilla made with the potato puree? OMG!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
WI this morning. This is after three weeks. No spectacular huge number, but a loss. I knew being gone to the cottage and at car shows all day and traveling, the water was a bit lacking and sometimes veggies. Being in my 60s I lose really slowly anyway so I'll take it, 3.8 lbs.

Have a great OP weekend.

Molly
A loss is a loss! Congrats on that one!!! You are getting there...so close! Onederland is onederful. Don't give up!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #6  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, all! Hope you all have better weather - it's pouring here in IL and looks like it will be all weekend... The only good thing is I had a small NSV as a result - had to get out my rain pants to walk the dog (seriously, it was pouring and with no end in sight, couldn't put it off) which I haven't worn in years, and they actually fit!

Off to look for that potato pancake recipe - sounds great on a miserable, rainy morning.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Ipeeps,

Beautiful here in upstate NY, it was rather hot yesterday, 93, but today will only be 88 and I am going to the lake....

I have been reviewing dehydrators like crazy, I should have just gone and bought one,I am making myself crazy reading reviews, while 20 squash are in my refrigerator waiting for me.

Have a wonderful weekend! Can't believe it is September
Old 09-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #8  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

GOOD MORNING ALL YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!!!

MOLLY....omg gf...we are so gonna celebrate in style when you hit onederland!!! ONEDERFUL ONEDERLAND!!! You can do it!!!

SNOLOVER....still drooling over those chocolate cookies...they were so delicious and crunchy!!! Gonna make some more today!! yum!!!

LIZZY....woohooo on the fitting rain pants!!! way to go!!

BELLA....i agree!! can't believe its sept and oh, go make some squash chips!!! hahahaha

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 09-01-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #9  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

A few NSV's to report lots of complements at a wedding last night and of a family photo from the wedding on FB. And I'm sitting at an boot with a table and bench that don't move! Who Hoo! Booths have scared me for a long time.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Good morning all!!! Weigh in #1 on reboot. Drum roll. Down four pounds and 1% body fat. Yippee!! Now sitting at 165 with half of those pesky 8 pounds gone. May try to get into mid 150s. My conclusion about the alternative products.... No signif difference in loss rate and feelings of well being (except my wallet is happier). Lol. Have a great day all.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
A few NSV's to report lots of complements at a wedding last night and of a family photo from the wedding on FB. And I'm sitting at an boot with a table and bench that don't move! Who Hoo! Booths have scared me for a long time.

Woohoo on the booth. That is awesome!! Isn't it amazing when we realize all the ways we are more free? I know I used to obsess about endless stuff. How was I going to navigate a crowded room without bumping someone with belly or butt?? Needed to get to conferences early to get an end of row seat. Will that chair hold me?? And on and on. Thank you for sharing and keep up the good work!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #12  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:

Have a great OP weekend.

Molly
Great job Molly! So close to onederland too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I hated the dreaded booths before too. Now when they ask, "Booth or table" I always say, "Booth." It's these little every day things in life that are often the best.

Happy Saturday everyone. Just another hot day here in Austin. So looking forward to a nice long three day weekend, and a quiet one at that since my teenage son is off at a retreat with his youth group. Awwww... three days with no teenage drama...priceless!
Old 09-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #13  

Quote:

Have a great OP weekend.

Molly
Congrats!!!! 3.8lbs is great at any age!
Old 09-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by snolover View Post
Good morning! Happy long weekend! I was so excited to sleep in this morning. I'm a teacher and just started working on Monday after 2 months off. Of course, I was up at 6:00 and couldn't sleep anymore. lol I already have a spaghetti sauce in the oven and plan on making lasagna for the family. I will make a big batch of cabbage soup for myself. I also just ate vanilla cookies (made from the mug cake recipe) and I added coconut extract. It was pretty good but I prefer the chocolate version.

Have an excellent OP day!! I'm off to search those «buns» everyone's been talking about!!!

P.S. Have you ever tried that tortilla made with the potato puree? OMG!!!
Tortilla with potato puree?? Recipe please! I haven't seen that one and just happen to have potato puree in the pantry.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/150

Rcrochet - here is the recipe from FinnSteven's FaceBook page. I have made several of his recipes so far and all have turned out great. I have yet to try this one though, but I plan to soon.

TORTILLA WRAP (IP POTATOES): I've made wraps out of IP Omelettes, IP Crepes, & IP Soups and this is hands down the best one.

INGREDIENTS:
1 package IP Potatoes
75 ml water
...1 tsp olive oil
OPTIONAL: "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" Spray

Fill with your choice of ingredients.

DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat a pan on the stove with a bit of olive oil
2. Mix the IP Potatoes and water until blended.
3. Spoon onto pan and spread thin into a round shape like a tortilla

If it is not spreading, its too thick. Immediately take from pan and add a bit more water. It will be ok thick, but you want to make a big enough tortilla to be able to wrap around your other ingredients. Too thick=too small and heavy to properly work like a tortilla. But should also not be too thin to fall apart. So 75 ml is a very good level, but not above 100 ml.
4. Cook until set, then flip.
5. Optional... Spray with "I Can't Believe its Not Butter" for a more buttery taste.

There is another recipe that makes them crispy. I'll see if I can find that one for you as well.
Closed Thread