Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 05:24 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default September Chat

Here's the link to last month's thread. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diab...ml#post4454600

No low FBGL this morning as it was 5.8 after no glyburide. I guess I need 1/4 of a pill which is getting pretty darn small. We'll have to try it and see. Hmmm - I also did not drink any wine last night.

My fridge is purged of the family visit stuff and it feels good to be "pure". When I was at the spa for my pedicure yesterday, I bought some dandelion capsules to see if I can budge the "kankles". The bottle said "8 tablets 3 times a day"! Seems a lot so I will not try them. I'm all for natural remedies but that's excessive. Maybe cooler weather will solve the problem.

Time to crank up the day - new month and new resolve.

Enjoy the last long weekend of the summer.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #2  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Starting off the month by checking in...hope you're all doing well.

I've been very keenly working on managing my blood sugar better with a lot more exercise. I'm so glad it's the weekend because I am quite sore and tired and am looking forward to some pampering at the spa today.

Doing much better with sleep since I've increased my exercise levels. Getting a minimum of seven hours a night now. Wish it was eight hours, but my dog gets me up at 5 every morning and my boys keep me up till 10 every night.

When the sleep isn't so good, then I'm struggling with getting control over how many carbs I eat. I do eat a lot of veggies, so keeping carbs under 35 gm is challenging. And then, every couple days I get cravings for something grain-like, which isn't helping me at all! When there's tight control, the weight comes off. But if I indulge just a little, the weight pops right back up.

I haven't been testing blood sugar levels lately. Not doing medication to control it and I know how my numbers run when I'm eating right, so tracking is just an added level of stress right now. All my focus has to be on the exercise, carb intake and sleep patterns because that's where I'm finding success.

I'll report back next week. Take care!
Old 09-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Thanks Ruthie for starting the September thread.

Georgia

Can't do Dukan because I can't eat nothing but protein days. I've got indigestions so bad right now it is awful. So counting cabs and calories. Only thing is I am not going to get even 1000 calories in today and they say you have to eat at least 1200.

I'm walking around the house some without the walker, but youngest DGD says "Where is your walker?" Then when I explained, she puts her arms around my waist and walks with me saying "I'll walk with you just in case you need me". Can't ask for more love than that.

DD agreed with me that I need to be moving more so blood will get to the knee and it can heal. She stresses don't pivot, but she didn't say I could walk without the walker. I just did that a few minutes agoto see how it would feel. I plan to go to church and probably talk the walker for safety. DH and I took it yesterday and we went to eat at Ryan's and then the health food store. I did use the riding cart at Walmart, but I told Tony that even as bad as my leg was that I could walk faster. It was so near dead and then a little old man took it when I got off it. When the leg starts to hurt, I put the heating pad to it and I have to say it is feeling so much better.

Y'all have a nice holiday everyone.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

last full day at the cottage, got the kayak out and paddled around, don't know why I didn't get to that earlier. Tried the dreamfields pasta tonight, made mac and cheese, had with chicken and salad. Will recheck blood sugar before bed and fasting, as I have been told by some that it just delays the carbs from digesting. Wanted to give it a try as the family loves pasta.
Ruth, are you already on a diuretic? if so, be cautious about the dandelion, having both can cause an electrolyte imbalance, I think too much potassium over time. If not, maybe have a smaller dose, like 1 cap with each meal.
Its generally a safe herb, otherwise, but may flush out some meds if working well as a diuretic.
happy september everyone.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Mad, not on a diuretic at the moment and am not taking the dandelion capsules yet. I'm trying lower carb eating for a while with 1/4 of a 2.5 glyburide to see how that goes. (I may make a carafe of dandelion iced tea and see if that helps but am leery of the large dose of capsules.)

I'm afraid yesterday was not a good day as a friend came over with a bottle of his wine AND a box of those darned Cheddar Goldfish crackers. All I can say is that I'm glad they are gone. (We did give some to the dogs but ... )

Anyhow, today is a brand new day and I'm about to use up some garden fresh peppers, tomatoes and onions in a breakfast omelet. I wish you could join me.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #6  

Went to church today and just used the cane. We went out to eat and shared a wonderful breakfast with DH. Had to go get house keys made for oldest DGD since she comes in and out with big brother now that he is in college. I used my Hugo walker at Walmart and leg did great. I came home and took a short nap while everyone is gone as DH and I start back to small group Bible study at church tonight. I will use the cane to go up 3 steps and I honestly believe by next weekend I won't even have to use the cane. It has been a long road of healing but I believe it is finally just about over. Probably could go without it now, but not taking any chances. I've learned my lesson to take it slow.

Weight is up 2 lbs this week, but I believe those will be back off now that I can move around more. As soon as I get my stomach straightened out, I will be eating more low carb... plan is to eat veggies, fruit and protein but within reason. No more all day protein days for this girl. I also do not plan to use the fermentation drinks either as I am now fighting rashes as well.

Catch y'all tomorrow.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #7  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hey ladies here in georgia. We will be leaving here tomorrow. trip is going good although i have done alot of walking and my feet are killing me here. My uncle fixed me a foot saok and it helped alot. Food is going soso but I can guess I will have a slight gain but nothing I cant nock out when I get back home. I will be ddoing great... Will talk to you all when I get back . I will talk to you all then....
Old 09-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #8  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

the drive home was long but ok. I am stiff and sore, but found out there are a couple of yoga classes tomorrow, so will try that to straighten out. Walked around waiting for the ferry and some on the boat. Looking forward to my own bed tonight.
Everyone loved the dreamfields pasta, since I haven't made mac and cheese for ages, but I forgot about testing. I haven't been testing much for a while, so should start doing that again.
Well, I hope our injured (rie, trish and bonnie, sometimes ruth?) will get better. Time to get active for me. Not sure what else will be up tomorrow for the holiday. have a good night everyone
Old 09-03-2012, 06:54 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

FBGL OK at 4.7 and weight up just a smidge from a tad too much salt yesterday. (Friends dropped in and we did BBQ hot dogs for lunch and some of the condiments added to the sodium, I think.)

I am going to relax as much as I can today as it might be the last real "summer" day but am looking forward to getting back into the gym and home treadmill routine this week. My August "staycation" is over and I'm cleaning up my act - too much food and drink over the summer!

On we go!
Old 09-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #10  

Mad I am doing much better walking. I don't think it will be too long before I will be walking more and more without the walker. Thanks for thinking of me. And I also hope the others will be well too.

Ruthie I will be so glad when I can use my bike again. I am going to start doing what exercise I can do while the knee is healing.

I've decided to eat like I did when I lost weight when DH and I first married. I ate very healthy back then and I lost about 83 lbs down to 165 lbs, but never made it to goal. I've decided that is the way I'm going to do it this time except I'm going down at least to 158 lbs and then deicide what I want to do then. Didn't use any partiular diet actually was more like what I've learned is IE, abut didn't have a name for it then. I mostly ate a lot of fruit, veggies/salads and protein with a little bit of starchy foods thrown in every now and then but not on a regular basis. It worked before and came naturally so why not do it again? Mostly had starchy foods when we ate out. I exercised 20 min 3 days a week. I was getting healthier and healthier. It worked before so I see no reason why it wouldn't happen again.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 09-03-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:24 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Yick! The Pypers arrived at suppertime with pizzas! I was at my carb limit for the day but succumbed. Should have stuck with my planned salad but Life happens. Weight is up a pound this morning but BGL is OK.

This week I am actually going to make a daily menu to use up some of the leftovers in my stash. My Grandma used to say "wasting food is a sin" so ... At the moment I have frozen cooked chicken, beef, pork roast and even three BBQ beef weiners. I may be able to avoid buying meat for the month! No shortage of veggies around here either. Anybody want a wheelbarrow full of tomatoes? Eggplant is coming on too and I have a Swiss chard forest.

Time for a smoothie for breakfast and then on with the day. Be well and prosper!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi Friends.

fbs at 97 this morning and I am not sure why? I haven't slept well for 3 nights - perhaps that is making a difference. I lifted weights this morning as I am determined to return to daily exercise. I have a 5k later this month. I am also signed up to do the color me rad race in October with friends. It looks great: http://www.colormerad.com I am looking forward to it. But, I want to be in shape to walk fast and dance my way through the color!

Trish, I am glad that you knee is healing. It takes a long time to recover from that injury.

Bonnie, good job on getting in so much walking on your trip. I hope you enjoyed the weekend.

Ruth, Oh, my! Pizza is my nemesis. I just can't handle it. The strange thing is that it actually isn't that good - I would rather have chinese food. But, I think pizza just smells so wonderful and it is such a social food. Oh well, back on track.

Mad, enjoy the yoga classes. It will certainly help with the aches and pain from the drive.

I am facing a busy week so I will get to it. Have a healthy and active day!

Rie
Old 09-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #13  

Good Morning Chickies

Ruthie Life does happen and sometimes it just doesn't go our way. Never had a hubby who really helped in that area. I could say "I'm going to back to lowcarbing" and what would they bring home? Pizza or hamburgers.

DGS had both of his therapists here this morning so we are done with that and my laundry is half done. DH has to go to docs appt without me this afternoon. He will go pickup DGD from school after and go for prescriptions and eat out while he is out. I don't really have to cook today so not sure what I want to eat as of yet. Right now nothing sounds good.

Have a great day everybody.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #14  
Bonnie

mg The scale said I gained 5 pounds has to be water maybe too much salt on the trip but oh well today has not been good Have all bad things to eat Can't wait for the hubby to get home so I can go grocery shopping. Will be back on track tomorrow. Been trying to catch up on laundry and all again since we have gotten home.
Last night my aunt daughter and Boy friend got into it and she left him again so she is here again with the baby. Well have to run My uncle gave me three different thngs for my feet one is a vibrating foot bath and the others are jest thing that massage my feet . Well I better get all this done so when the hubby gets home I can go to the store and get me some groceries.

Hope all is doing fine!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #15  
Bonnie

Ruth know jest what you are saying I told everyone that and they still paicked some not so nice places to go eat while we were away and it kinda upset me that they didnt look at my health being a factor and my other uncle is a diabetis who takes insulin .
Closed Thread