Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 08-25-2012, 02:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/154/125

Height: 5'1.5"

Default Multivitamin recommendation?

A few years ago I was using Prevention Multivitamin for Women (Prevention as in the magazine). After starting with another multivitamin and then going back to Prevention I noticed a marked difference in how I felt when using the Prevention multis: very energized, whereas regularly I feel sluggish. Unfortunately the Prevention multis were discontinued.

Right now I'm using Centrum, but I'm in the Netherlands with a more limited selection that I would have in the US.

I searched for the nutritional content of Prevention multis, and it's here: http://dietarysupplements.nlm.nih.go...en&pageD=brand

Basically, a lot more of the various Vitamin Bs than Centrum. I also have a Sunwell Vitamin B supplement that I take sometimes, and I was comparing, and the sum of Centrum + Sunwell does is not even half the total Prevention had for the B vitamins.

My hair, skin and nails also improved when using Prevention, maybe it's because of the 300 mcg of Biotin.

So can anyone recommend a multivitamin with a similar profile to the one I linked to above?
happynottsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:27 AM   #2  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Height: 5'6

I'm not sure if you can find it in the Netherlands (maybe online?) but I lovvvve the RAW One for Women. I'm pretty sure it has all of the vitamins you are describing- it is a pretty complete vitamin. I have loads of energy and my depression has lessened as well. It's also a vegan capsule and very gentle on my stomach.

I would recommend taking a fish oil as well. It has really improved my hair and skin!
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I take Biotin separately in addition to a multivitamin.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6

I take the ultimate one for active women. Its awesome and the lady who recommended it to me seriously knew what she was talking about.

http://nulifevitamins.ca/the-ultimat...ive-women.html

Last edited by luckystreak; 08-25-2012 at 09:50 AM.
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #5  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

It also depends on your age. If you are menstruating you need iron.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 156/154/125

Height: 5'1.5"

Thank you all.

Incidentally saw the RAW vitamins today (here in Netherlands), but they don't have the amounts I'm looking for.

I think I will find a Biotin supplement.

Initially I thought it could be the iron but the prevention ones didn't have iron to my surprise. , AnywayI'm adding more iron to my diet (such as quinoa) since I have always had problems with iron absorption.
happynottsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5,6

Why don't you try finding it online.. I take Mega food I will never use generic vitiamins ever..
savynaturalista is offline   Reply With Quote