Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Default Maintainers Vol 7

OK,

I just did it, I've been wishing someone to do it...but no one heard my wishes lol So if someone had their heart set on starting the thread, sorry!

maile I've been stirfrying my veggies, garlic, onion, sweet red peppers and broccoli...with some braggs soy sauce and low sugar stirfry sauce. I'm addicted to it right now, not ready to give it up...I think it's cause I went so long without onions.

So I ended up visiting with the gent that was so hard on me (posted a few weeks ago about it). I told him that I knew he was coming from a place of kindness/convern with his comments on my weight but that what he said really REALLY cut deep and sometimes it's hard not to discount all the positives with one small negative. That I know he's concerned but for REAL I'm doing ok and my doc is very happy with me and his comments really make me feel that he's disregarding all the hard work I did just to get where I am.

He was very VERY sorry and said he felt terrible. At the end of the conversation he gave me a hug, so I let him (we are actually co-workers/friends)...and I said "it's ok, lets not talk about it ever again ok?"

I feel better now, it's been 'weighing' on me for a while....thought I'd share that with you guys
Old 07-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #2  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Yayyyy, I've been waiting for a new thread. Fresh start. So many are going to be moving into maintenance.

Here is a pancake recipe I liked. I don't know the nutritional information but basically it has brown rice flour, coconut flour and eggs. It tastes eggie but is pretty close to pancakes. This is different from the protein pancakes I believe I posted before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFf94XcO3Po

For either pancakes I use the WF syrup or sometimes I crush berries and squeeze orange over it with optional stevia depending on how sweet the fruit is.

Ishbel, so glad things worked out with dude. He must not have been aware of what he was saying. Going forward, hopefully, he will be more sensitive with you and others.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #3  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Thanks for starting the new thread!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Holy. Lots of new threads today.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #5  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post

maile I've been stirfrying my veggies, garlic, onion, sweet red peppers and broccoli...with some braggs soy sauce and low sugar stirfry sauce. I'm addicted to it right now, not ready to give it up...I think it's cause I went so long without onions.
Broccoli works well when steamed and then tossed with a little lemon, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese. I don't microwave mine. I like it steamed in a stovetop steamer. A tiny bit of butter helps too.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning,

Thanks for starting a new thread Ishbel

So on top of the 2lbs i was up, lets add another 1.4...not sure what's going on, only thing i did different this week was my veggie soup so i'll stop that for now and today i'm doing a phase 3 day and we'll see where i'm at tomorrow. I really don't want to have my cheat day being up a few lbs. Maybe its my phase 3 gain that is delayed, lol.

Have a great day
Old 07-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
I feel better now, it's been 'weighing' on me for a while....thought I'd share that with you guys
I'm so proud of you for sticking up for yourself! And glad to hear he received it well. You two will probably have a better relationship as a result.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #8  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Ishbel: That is great that you stuck up for yourself and confronted they guy. I bet you feel much better and that this will keep the guy quiet!
what brand of low sugar stir fry are you using?

Thanks everyone for the broccoli advice. I am going to try smaller pieces and steaming. I think microwaving it was not working. I like the idea of using tamari and sesami oil..or sprinkling parmesean and lemon juice. I am sure the butter would help, Pixl!!!!

By the way I just discovered from Kayln's kitchen ..an easy marinade for grilled vegetables. Just get Paul Newman's oil and vinegar dressing..add a tsp or so of oregano or any spice..It is great on mushrooms, onions, peppers.

Busymom: Hopefully Phase 3 will work on those 3 pounds!

Off to another hot day and out to lunch with friends!
Old 07-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

I love tossing chopped Zuchinni with newmans own and grilling it.

I have used newmans own as my salad dressing throughout ip. I am too lazy to make my own every day...
Old 07-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #10  
Started IP 12/30/11

Lemon and lime lift a lot of foods that may be dull or heavy. Sometimes I squeeze a bit on steak.

Busymomx4

Could it be TOM? Do you think it was some of the ingredients in your soup? Sometimes it is hard to figure out.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post

Busymomx4

Could it be TOM? Do you think it was some of the ingredients in your soup? Sometimes it is hard to figure out.
The only thing i can think of with the soup is salt, so i'll stop it and we'll see.

TOM is ''supposed'' to show up this week-end, i say supposed cause i skipped a month last month (for the first time ever in my life). Hopefully the gain is from that.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Mails I use kikkoman oyster sauce, 1 tbsp has 4 grams of sugar...some of them are 12 or even 18... Just gives it a little flavor.

Pxl I'll try the lemon and steamed one day. thanks for the tip on the sprinkle of cheese

Bout the dude...apparently he told the girl who witnessed it that he felt terrible but his sister had lost a lot of weight like me and then got very sick...which doesn't make it right and I still would have confronted him and I do believe I was gentle about it....I felt better doing it so I guess that's what matters.

I work on not letting one negative discount all positives...I work on it in all aspects of my life, not just weight related. I actually wrote another list down of all the things that I have to remember when someone makes a negative comment...

"it's their xxxx" - sister
"the lioness never pays attention to the barking of hyenas" - friend (love love love that one!)

Many others, but I made the list and printed it out...so that I don't have to repeat the same situation to my supporters, I can just read what they've already told me (if it happens again). Saves a lot of time and I find if I repeat my issues to a few people, even if they are close to me, I tend to get a headache and don't release the negative as quickly as I could if I just digested it and released it.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:16 AM   #13  
Started IP 12/30/11

And my fav.

"Don't let 'em steal your joy"
Old 07-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #14  

Good morning,

Ishbel - so glad you were able to clear the air and understand more when he was coming from, but doesn't mean it was ok for him to talk to you that way. Glad the strain is all but gone

So doing a phase 3 helped, down 1.6 this morning. Still doing a phase 3 today and will see where i'm at in the morning to decide what i'm doing tomorrow. At least i'm under 150 so even if i'm at that weight for cheat day, i'm ok with that. I feel SOOO much better and happy that there's always something to fall back on vs stressing out.

Have a great day
Old 07-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #15  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Momto2cs: I like it on zucchini also. I am getting lazy also in the summer and like have the ready made marinade to dump on!
Ishbel: I had forgotten about oyster sauce...good idea. Also writing down thoughts to counteract negativity is a good idea. I like that lion not paying attention to the barking of hyenas also..Negative people are just like hyenas.

PurpleSky: Don't let them steal your joy is a keeper..and made me smile.

Busymom: Are you having any luck with getting rid of the soup?
Closed Thread