Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 10:47 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Week of Sept. 7th**

Hi All,

I'm still using DH's Mac. I'm afraid our PC is fried...but we're still working on it. I may have to call my cousin the computer guru to look at it. I sure hope it's not because all my emails, addresses, resume, articles, soo much stuff is on that computer!!

I am disappointed to say I still have not gone shopping...just have not had a chance. I have to go today though, at some point. I did pick a bunch of stuff out of mom's freezer that I'll take home when we go over there today. I told her I challenge her to NOT go grocery shopping, except for milk, for a month!! She lives alone and has a full freezer (side-by-side type) AND a full chest freezer!! It's a small chest freezer, but still, it's soo full. I asked her why she keeps going shopping and she said just in case someone comes over!! I was like, OK, first of all, nobody just stops over here, you always know if someone's coming over, so you can plan and go shopping!! I started cleaning out her chest freezer and I can't even tell you how much stuff I tossed! She had meat in there dated 1999!! I said you have to USE the stuff Ma!!

Anyway, didn't mean to vent.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend! It's been soo beautiful here this weekend!
Old 09-07-2003, 11:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Hi
Just checking in and getting to know everyone.
I lost about 2 lbs this week. My DH took a video of me in the pool with our son (Wil - 11 months). It is really difficult seeing video of me at my heaviest weight ever. Then he gets up and cooks me a big breakfast both mornings this weekend. I didn't complain, I just started slipping peices to both the baby and the dog.

I started school last week. I really feel that my new schedule is going to help keep my eating in check.

-wendy
Old 09-07-2003, 11:53 AM   #3  
LBH

Wendy, its funny you say DH cooked a big breakfast...my DH decided to make omelets this AM! He used egg beaters, but also put sausage, hash browns, onions and cheese in them!! He cooked the filling separate from the eggs, so I told him to just put a little filling in mine, and use spray, not butter, but it still adds up. Congrats on the loss though!!
Old 09-07-2003, 04:13 PM   #4  

hello all. Such nice weather this weekend - much better than Labor day weekend when it rained the whole time. Dh and I played golf this morning.

Angel - cool that dh is a cartoonist!

Lauren - well, it sounds like a good suggestion that she not grocery shop for awhile!

Wendy - hooray for the 2 lb loss! Hope you enjoy school.

Rabbit
199/189Halloween
Old 09-07-2003, 05:59 PM   #5  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

well, i've done well at least one meal/day. guess that's better than no meals!!

wendy: welcome and congrats on the two pds!! that is awesome.

lauren: your mom sounds like me!! i've been known to have to throw stuff out because the freezer burn is so thick i can't tell WHAT the stuff is. i'm better now that i'm trying to save money.

rabbit: the weather here has been georgous too. maybe by next spring dh and i can play golf. we are members at a resort that has a golf corse and the first nine holes were designed by arnold palmer. arnie whooped me mercilessly. i think i only finished one or two holes!!

hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 09-08-2003, 01:49 AM   #6  
Rattie Lover

Hi Everybodieeeeeeeeeee!!

Not much going on...another day here in the desert. Last night was our Family night out. We bowl on a league with the kid then we go to dinner then errands. We decided to try the new place called Pollo Feliz. Charbroiled Chicken. Was pretty good! I had 1 piece chicken, salsa, rice, and a salad. Water to drink.
Then we went to Big Lots. I was looking for just one thing and wound up buying 30 things! But it's all stuff I can use so I don't feel too guilty.
Then we went to Home Depot to exchange some of my dead bushes for live ones. I got some red flowery desert things. I'll snap a pic as soon as I get them planted.
Then we went to Pets Mart and got some stuff for my sweet ratties and I let the kid pick out fish. She wound up picking 3 Neon Tetras. ><}}*>
Then we went to Target and I FINALLY found an answering machine that fit my budget. My old one died after 12 years of usage and so it was time to buy another one.
Then we went to Safeway and did our weekly stock-up. Most of it was fruits and veggies (swap meet didnt have any real good veggies friday) and turkey and the "good" bread now.
Then we came home and I made lowfat sugar free strawberry shakes. Even the whipped cream was SF And FF! Hubby says "not bad for sugar free." I will admit they were pretty good!!

Have a good night all...**hugs**

Last edited by Noodles913; 09-08-2003 at 02:15 AM.
Old 09-08-2003, 02:32 AM   #7  
Rattie Lover

Thought you guys might want to see what they consider "Autumn" weather here in Tucson...

Welcome to September!! Often, we Tucsonans don't mind the summer heat. But, most of us are ready for autumn by early September. Normal highs for September drop from 96 at the beginning of the month to 90 by September 31st. Normal lows drop from 71 to 63 from beginning to end of the month. The hottest temperature ever recorded in the month of September for Tucson is 107. So, you see, we have another month of pretty warm weather on the way!

Have a wonderful Monday!
Old 09-08-2003, 12:20 PM   #8  

HI all. This morning was my weigh in. I maintained. I was a little bummed that I did not have a loss as I really deserve it. But I figure then I'll have a great loss next week.

Karen - we golf at a Par 3 course. That's about all I can handle!

Angel - nice that you have a family night.

Rabbit
199/189Halloween
Old 09-08-2003, 09:35 PM   #9  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good EVening!!!
Wendy--Congrats on the loss!!!!

Lauren-Hope U make it to the store!!!

Rabbit--I am thinking U lost some inches and it just didnt show on the scale!!!!

I have to say, it was harder to lose the weight in 1999 single and alone...3 kids and breast feeding makes it soo much easier!!!
I am working on maintaining at this point or maybe losing 5 more!!!
Have a great evening all!Hello to anyone I missed..Sick child #2 and she needs mom!!!
RR
Old 09-09-2003, 01:16 PM   #10  
Rattie Lover

Hi all...

I haven't had the chance to post much lately. I've been dealing with a minor flare up arthritis wise so it is hard for me to type at times when it's this bad. The good part is the monsoons are officially OVER tomorrow! YAY! Now it will dry out around here and my swelling will go down.

I did manage to cook dinner last night though..hubby and kid were shocked. I BBQed chicken and made pasta salad with fresh corn on the cob. Even made them dessert. Sugar Free Low Fat
Strawberry Shakes. (Got hubby hooked now!)

I went this morning and got my blood work done...and now I have that post blood work headache I always get. **Sigh** I just ate a banana and cheetos so hopefully that will help. Today I am going to try to get some things done around here that I have been putting off for a while. Ya know..procrastination! Bites me in the leg everytime.

Take care and have a good day!
Old 09-09-2003, 05:29 PM   #11  

hello. I have had 15 op days in a row!

RR - hope sick child is feeling better! ~ you could be right about the inches. I look forward to checking them mid-month.

Angel - hope your arthritis is better.

I am missing my boy!

Rabbit
Old 09-09-2003, 08:34 PM   #12  
LBH

Yeah Rabbit!!!!!
Old 09-10-2003, 12:19 PM   #13  

thanks, Lauren. That makes me feel good.

I had a tough time yesterday! I was running around and got home at 2 pm and hadn't had lunch and I was STARVING. Never a good idea to let oneself get to that point. So I had lunch. But then kept eating. BARELY made it through the day, used all my activity points for the day. But I made it.

Rabbit
199/189Halloween
16 Days OP
Old 09-11-2003, 03:12 AM   #14  
Rattie Lover

HELLO EVERYONE!

WAY TO GO RABBIT!!!

Well, I am in a GOOD mood tonight! I am on some sort of good aura around me or something...I bowled tonight...and I did pretty good! I bowled a 193, 192, & a 212!! I had only 1 open in each game, and the 3rd game was clean! No Opens! Everyone came over to watch and I got too nervous though or the 212 would of been a 222. (Missed a strike). I am on ...can ya tell?! Now there goes my average...I was carrying a 150 average, but now it should go up to a 160 something. EEKS! This is a rare event in bowling for me...must be the salad I had for dinner or a pre-birthday thing. I also lost another 2 pounds!! I hope I can get down another 5 by the next DRs. Visit. I'm sure going to try. Well, that's it for tonight. Take care and Bless All!

Last edited by Noodles913; 09-11-2003 at 03:15 AM.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:51 AM   #15  
LBH

WOO HOO Noodles....those are awesome scores!!! My high score is 204. My average was around 135-140. I remember everytime I'd get close to 200, none of my team mates would say anything to me, in case I didn't notice, so I wouldn't get stressed out, but I always knew there was a chance, and I'd be sweating bullets!

Congrats on the loss!!

So, in honor of 9/11, let's here your thoughts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Where were you when you saw/heard the news that a plane had gone into the WTC?

Did you know anyone that lost their life in this tragedy?

How did/has it affected your life to this point?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had to go to DMV and have my car inspected that morning before work. I had just left there and was on my way to work. Someone called into the radio station I listen to and said it looked like a small plane had crashed into one of the towers. They kept the guy on the phone and that was the start of it. The morning show guys were on the air for a couple days straight! I went to work that day, but my boss let me go early, I think around 3:00, to go home. I just wanted to be home with my DH. We were glued to the TV for the rest of the day.

I don't know anyone personally that lost their life. My BIL was supposed to be on one of the planes that left Boston headed for LA. He cancelled his business trip at the last minute for some reason. There were 3 people from my HS that died. They weren't in my class though.

I think it has made me take life more seriously. It has also made me think more about my faith.
Closed Thread