Old 08-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Default What's your september exercise plan?

As august wraps up I'm ready to be rid of it and get into September and hopefully make a huge change in the waist band. So I decided to do 30 day shred I have done this before (for like 2 weeks ) but I want to do it this month and mix it with walking 2-4 miles. I decided to not go to the gym this month with the shred since its quite exhausting on it's own. Of course I plan to follow my eating habits. Everyone please share!
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #2  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

I'm ready to start September too, my weight has been up and down like a rollercoaster and I'm ready to get serious. I'll keep up with my 5K training and start adding swimming in there too, as I'm planning to do a short-track triathalon in February. Also, it's HIKING SEASON so I'm excited to get back out on the trail.

Definitely getting a reign on the eating and going back to WW plan of writing everything down/altered calorie counting. It made such a difference in what I put in my mouth knowing I had to write it down afterward. Not to mention seeing the caloric (PointsPlus) value of everything!

Also curious about everyone's plans as well.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #3  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

I too am going to do the 30DS, plus maybe some cardio outside or at the gym. I actually started the shred yesterday.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #4  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I'm planning on continuing to increase my running... to the 20-30 mile a week range... I'm looking forward to being out on some trails this fall... It's one of my favorite times of the year for running...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 287/249.6/179

Height: 5'5"

my fiance and i are going to start the couch to 5 k! We're also going to start badminton lessons and swimming.
katiekish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #6  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: see ticker

I'm starting C25k too! I can't wait for September to start
mamamiaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:20 AM   #7  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

School starts which means I will be back at the University everyday. I planned my schedule so each day I start at the same time in order for me to have a consistent schedule unlike last semester where one day I would start at 8am and the next day not until 2:40 - aka lots of sleeping in and throwing off my schedule for the following day!

With the new schedule, I will be able to go to the gym every morning before class since I will already be awake (If I have a consistent schedule, I naturally wake up around the same time daily). I will have ZERO excuses not to go since I already have to go to school anyways, and since the gym is in the same building, why not go an hour earlier?
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:07 AM   #8  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

I started the C25K two days ago! My brisk walks are not really challenging anymore, so I'll be alternating a long brisk walk with the jog/walk during the week. Also I should start strength training - why oh why is it so hard for me to get going on that?!
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:16 AM   #9  

Awesome I need to look into this c25k thing... I'd like to walk a cretin amount of miles in September
Old 08-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #10  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

I've got a bike race in mid September and then a triathlon at the end, so my September will be full of training.

I'll bike 3-4 days a week, (doing shorter 10 miles a day and then incorporating one long ride a week where I do 30+ miles to prep for the bike race) and swim 2 times a week and then after the bike race I'll do some brick training (bike 15-20 miles and the run 3'ish.)

Phew. I need a nap now.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:34 AM   #11  

Height: 5'1

With going back to college and having a cousin stay with me from the 7th until the 26th, I really don't know what it is going to play out like. I've decided to work as much as I can from now until to the 6th of September. (She arrives early the 7th) This won't be a problem since I won't be at college so if I just workout as much as I can during this week. Same goes from the 26th until the 30th. My aims for when she isn't here is 3 mile walking, weights and step aerobics which is what I do with my exercise plan at the moment. While she is here, I'll switch back to my 2 mile walk which takes less time and even if I get out every couple of days, I will be happy enough. As long as I don't go the entire two and a half weeks doing nothing, I will be extremely happy. Nights when we are just sitting around my house, I could take out the weights for 20 minutes and even get something in. It's only a small amount but it will count more than doing nothing. She wants to do a lot of tourist things so that will require walking around the city and my town for hours so that will be brilliant also. I'll just make sure I continue to watch my foods and don't go crazy. Come October, I'll be able to make a much better and structured routine around college.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #12  

Height: 5'2"

I have high hopes for September, too. I haven't been to my gym in forever. Even though I've lost most of my weight through calorie counting, I really want to start strength training. I bought a yoga mat, and I'd like to get some of that going here at home.

Someone up there mentioned hiking season I'd like to start taking on activities like that, too. The glorious days where both my boyfriend and I both have off from work, I would like to do something other than go out to eat. To have an activity to do together would be both fun and a calorie burn. Hiking, roller skating, maybe canoe or kayaking.

August has remained completely neutral for me..I've gone down a few lbs and then right back up..but at the end of the day..no change. :\
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 138/132.8/120

Height: 5'4"

I have a Tough Mudder on September 8th, but other than that I plan to do Zumba when I'm stressed, long "urban hikes" around DC when my pup is crazy (~4 miles), HITT for 20 minutes when I'm pressed for time, and heavy weightlifting at least 2x a week!
LovelyAndLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #14  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I'd like to continue increasing my weights in the weight room and miles on the treadmill/bike path, check out some Gold's Gym classes since I bought the Groupon, and go on some beautiful mountain hikes since I live an hour away from the Adirondacks. August has been a great month for me exercise-wise, very few sedentary days and I am officially totally used to getting up and going to the gym before work.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #15  

I started the c25k today, this will go hand in hand with 30 day shred