Old 08-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/236/145

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy In Trouble

I've regained 25lbs and can't get myself motivated to start losing it again. I feel like hiding because I'm way bigger then even 2 months ago. I've put on 15lbs in 2 months and it's still going up because I can't seem to gain control over my need to constantly be eating.

I'm getting seriously depressed because I wake up everyday with good intentions, manage to hold on for most of the day, then I end up binging. It makes no sense. I can't even understand what is going on in my head when I give up like that.

It's so much harder now because I feel like all the effort I put in before has gone to waste and I have to start again and that any weight I lose now is not going to feel anywhere as good as when I was in those lower numbers.

I remember how good I felt when I was running every other day, now i'm afraid to go run because I will see exactly how far back my fitness has slid. My clothes are all so tight now and look awful but I refuse to buy bigger because it would be like giving in to this extra weight.

I'm totally stuck and not sure how to get my motivation back for weight loss. It feels like it gets harder everytime and i'm going to lose this battle. My brain needs rewiring but I can't seem to find to tools to do it.

Can anyone lend me some advice?
Ali87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #2  

Height: 5'2"

just get out there and go for a run. push yourself to do it. or, push yourself to maybe not eat after X hour. just do one thing that makes you proud and i promise it will have a domino effect and before you know it you'll be 100% committed.

also, you mention "holding on for most of the day" take a look at what you're eating and make sure its satisfying enough, and with enough protein! this should help with just letting it all break loose later on. again..i always recommend myfitnesspal.com and the phone app to keep track of calories. calorie counting has worked wonders for me.

you know you're capable!

Last edited by valalltogether; 08-27-2012 at 01:36 PM.
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #3  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

I agree - go for a run. It is always harder to get back on the horse, but postponing it is not going to help you. This sounds very much to me like fear of failure and a you can't fail if you don't try attitude - but with that you can't win either. You felt good when you were losing. You will again. Fight for that happiness. You can do it. Come back here tomorrow and tell me how great you did today. I'll be waiting and looking for your response. You can do this. Your body knows how to - you just have to get your mind in the right place. I can come back to this thread every day for a week if you want. Tell me every day that you are moving forward and then you will be back on track. Don't let the wagon roll away after you fall off.

The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince. - Vince Lombardi
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/201/150

Height: 5'8"

I can totally commisserate - we've all been there I think. The best thing you can do is get out and go for a run or even just a walk today - one step at a time. I tend to drop into this mindset sometimes; usually spurred by lack of weight loss. However, sometimes if you can't get your head right then just changing one thing leads to better days. Keep your head up and push on.
stepharoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/164/132

Height: 5'5

I agree with all the previous statements plus, I would also suggest reflecting on how far you've come! Even though you feel like you're going backwards now, think about where you started and how much progress you've made! Give yourself some credit, and feel proud of yourself once again. Even though right now you are not at your best, you are miles away from were you were when you first started! You are much stronger now. You can do this!
1yr2mkovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/236/145

Thanks everyone. Looking back my post it does seem abit silly. I'm pretty sure I've given the same advice to others in the past on this forum. But i guess sometimes you need to be told.
I think my biggest mistake this time has been that i've been trying to hide the weight gain, from myself and others. So I have not been posting on this forum and I have not been exercising, something I actually love doing.
Gatorgirl - Thanks for your offer. You reminded me that I have to keep myself accountable so I've restarted my food diary and I will be joining in with the forums more to keep myself motivated.
I was telling myself that I will never reach my goal because I always fall off the wagon. But I have to look at the pattern each time. 260-220. 230-190. 210-172. It's really funny but Over the last 6 years I've dieted seriously 3 times but always peter off at 40lbs loss. I have no idea why, but the pattern is always down. I weighed in at 196.2lbs today which I am considering my new start weight. If I can lose 40lbs again i'll be closer to my goal then ever before. So with this in mind i feel alot more positive. Thankyou.
Ali87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/130

I feel like I wrote this post. When we know we're doing something that we shouldn't be, our instinct is to hide it out of guilt. I haven't discussed my weight gain with my friends, though I'm sure they can see it.

Being honest with ourselves is the first step. The battle with food and pounds is difficult!
Laurlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #8  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Did you go for your run again yet? How was it?
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote