Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Had one of those dreams last night

Had one of those dreams where you have lost control of eating. I haven't had a dream like that since like FOREVER. I don't even remember.

It started, I think, because yesterday I lost my battle with avoiding cookies. Well, I have avoided the cookies, but sampled way tooooo much of the cookie dough. It's ridiculous how I can't make cookies without caving!

Then, just as we were going to bed, I was talking with my son about what he wanted for his birthday. What meal, what dessert, etc. Well, in my dream, of course, things got all twisted, I made a batch (a spare?) and I snarfed the whole pan of it down in one go - a whole 9x13 pan of this very rich European treat. After eating it, and hiding it (and I don't HIDE food either), I was calculating in my head what kind of damage that was and realized it was easily a full pound of crap. But it was soooo good and I enjoyed it so much.

I have to admit, I was so happy when I woke up this morning to realize that the cookie damage I had done last night was NOT an equivalent to a whole pan of that dessert and that the dessert incident was just a dream.

But, obviously, I am feeling anxious about food and my lack of self-control with sweets. I reallllllly don't like that feeling of "I have no control". Happens to correspond to getting too little sleep these past few nights as I can see on my bodymedia Fit gizmo.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

Ugh, I hate those dreams! I mainly get them when hubby watches those cooking shows or when I'm stressed.
You're strong, and you do have control. Make it thru the day without the sweets and hopefully tomorrow you won't feel as anxious. Hugs.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #3  
Jigglypuff

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

I had a dream like that the other night as well. In my dream I caught my self subconscious eating dill pickle chips. So, I did the right thing and switched to the MUCH healthier regular chips. Ah, dream logic.
Burg is offline   Reply With Quote