Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 01:58 PM   #1  
BELIEVE!

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again # 403

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME!!!

Old 09-06-2003, 02:02 PM   #2  
BELIEVE!

Hey Gang!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day! It is absolutely beautiful in this part of the country.

Our poor little thread nearly fell off of the page so I decided to start the new one and bring us to the top.

I started out my day with an hour at the gym, followed by some weeding in the front flower bed and a short walk with the dogs.

Saturday is very important for OHIO STATE FOOTBALL in our house!!! However, we couldn't get the game unless we paid $15 on pay per view. So instead we went to Damons and ate lunch and watched the first half.

Now I am going to enjoy this beautiful weather while I sit out on the deck and read a book.

Catch ya'll later!
Barb
Old 09-06-2003, 02:17 PM   #3  
a work in progress...

Hey y'all...

Just wanted to get in on the new thread...I almost started one this morning, then I lazied out. I sat on the patio and had my coffee and finally finished my book. Downtown by Anne Rivers Siddons. It was a good read...takes place in Atlanta, 1966-68, during the Civil Rights movement, on the cusp of all the changes that radically shaped our country...Good stuff.

Speaking of books, I've got two boxes packed up for Mary's library so far. I'll mail them out Monday. Lots more where they came from!

Barb is right...It's lovely in this neck of the woods today! Sunny with cool breezes, blue skies...ahhhh.

My exercise so far has consisted of vaccuuming, and dusting and boxing books...I've got to get outside!

Have a great day, kids!
Old 09-06-2003, 04:56 PM   #4  
Progress..not perfection

Hello everyone..... It is absolutely gorgeous today here in Tennessee. Sunshiny, nice breeze and only 75 degrees. Ahhh

I re-did my Tony room today and that has taken up the better part of my day. I had so many new items and things that have been autographed for me just sitting over in the corner of my room in a pile, so I had to get busy organizing it and getting everything hung up. I'm about to take some pics in awhile and when I re-install my scanner, I will post them for you. I'm SURE you want to see them, right?

Other than that, the race comes on tonight because it is a night race and I am happy to say that I have no company. Just me, dh and probably Trey will hole up in the living room and watch without having to entertain anyone and I am totally fine with that.

I hope you all have a lovely day and I'll hop in later tonight!!
Old 09-06-2003, 05:55 PM   #5  
a work in progress...

Of COURSE we want to see them, Tina! Make sure you're in one or two of them!

My 'little' girl just called me. She's on her way to dinner, but she said she'd call me tonight to wake me for work. Isn't she a good girl? Have I mentioned lately that I miss her?

I spent most of today cleaning and de-cluttering, but I didn't mind. I crank up the "Show Tunes" station and sing and dance around the house as I go. Yeah, what a sight! I was happy to be able to get around to repotting the plants that I've been meaning to do forever...my big accomplishment for the day.

Big decision time...my sister's been going to Weight Watchers on Sunday mornings lately. I'm thinking about joining, again, but I don't want to start only to stop again after a few weeks. Can someone send me some stick-to-it-ive-ness, please?

All right, I'm going out for a bike ride now. Maybe I'll get a chance to pop in at chat tonight...

see you later!
Old 09-06-2003, 06:19 PM   #6  

Good Evening Chicklets!!

Missed you all!! I worked last night till 10:30p and back this am at 6:30--felt like I spent the night in that place so needless to say I didnt have the "mind" to post last night nor this morning

Sandy, please come here and post whether you are on program or not, I will take you anyway I can get you!! I miss talking to you to, maybe we can catch up Tuesday morning, you will be off right? Hope that Amanda gets settled into her new house soon!! I miss her something awful!

Katrina: singing and around the house sounds like fun, the dancing will burn up those old nasty calories!!

Tina, it has been glorious here to, cool and crisp 60's in the mornings and the next several days are going to be mild too. WONDERFUL!!! A WELCOME RELIEF.

Hi Barb, the deck and a book sounds fantastic!!! hope you are having a great weekend...

2cute, Andria, Mary, Connie, Katrina, and all the rest of you crazy gals...love and hugs to you!! stay
Old 09-06-2003, 07:10 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

CHAT AT 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST!

Be there, or be square!
Old 09-06-2003, 11:04 PM   #8  
BELIEVE!

Sorry I missed chat tonight. I hope you all had a good time. Jeff and I went out for a late dinner and a drive around.

I spent part of the afternoon cleaning out my closet (FINALLY!) I have piles of clothes all over my bedroom right now - Donate, trash and consignment. I've never done consignment with clothes but I have so many in such good condition that I thought I might try it. Or maybe E-bay? Has anyone sold things on E-bay?

I have to vent a bit about my dear husband. Or tonight DH might stand for something else! We are getting ready for this trip next weekend - or, I should say I am getting ready. I've been planning, organizing, making reservations, ironing packing, cleaning, etc. What has my help hubby been doing???? Playing his d@#% computer game non-stop. Tonight at dinner I nicely reminded him that he has done NOTHING to help me around the house in months. He acknowledged it and told me that he realizes he does nothing and that he knows I do everything and he give me credit for it. That's nice. but does he offer to help me at all??? I should be use to it. This has been a sensitive spot for years!!! Ok, I am doing, I got it off my chest. Sorry to bore you with it.

I got a little (ok, a lot) out of control with food yesterday and today! Well, enough of that!!! Tomorrow is back to business!!

Well, I am headed off to beddy-by.
Catch ya tomorrow!
Barb
Old 09-06-2003, 11:12 PM   #9  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up

Ack!!

It's been a horrific weekend!! I had to work 9-6 at Filene's..thinking it was my last day as a regular employee, ONLY to allow myself to be conned into coming in for a entire night shift on MONDAY...MONDAY!! There will be NO business on a Monday night, but I need the money
I got a *new* job, I now merchandise Hallmark cards for local wal*marts.
So back to my horrible weekend. Apparently my stomach has shrunk, because I ate three pieces of pizza yesterday and I got so sick I threw them all up!! My mom and grandmother were both freaking out (but I would never do something like that on purpose). So then this morning I had a doughnut for breakfeast..leftover pizza for lunch...a piece if birthday cake..and then chicken mcnuggets and french fries for dinner! I don't even want to THINK about the points that I have consumed today. I feel ill thinking about all the junk that went into my body today.
This makes me all the more determined to lose weight this week, and I will!
I couldn't find my Walk Away the Pounds tapes among the rubble in the foyier, so I went and ordered Walk Away the Pounds Express...it's a new line of videoes by Leslie Sansome but it's just fresh tapes, instead of having to walk to the same ones over and over again. And I ordered the DVD's
I hope the rest of you had better weekends, mine sucked and I feel terrible about myself. Today I went up the stairs and realized I was panting..after one flight of stairs I'm sick of being fat and I need to do something because my health is suffering.
Hopefully I'll be happier next time I post...sorry I didn't do individual messages but I just want to go to bed and end this horrid day

Melissa
Old 09-07-2003, 02:42 AM   #10  
Progress..not perfection

Kat: If you need a buddy.... look no further. Here I am ! I confess I am scared to death right now at the thought of re-joining WW on Monday. Scared to go to the meeting? Scared of losing weight? Scared that this time.....like many many times before I'll start and quit in a couple of weeks or months? I keep saying "THIS time I'm going to do it" but this is about the 20th time I've said the same thing, isn't it?

Read this entry in my journal:

Quote:
So, why do I want to lose weight......

Sometimes I don't know the answer to that question.....but most days, I do.

Everytime I look in the eyes of my children....I know the answer. I know why I want to succeed in this thing we call life. But I'm not naive', I know that as much as I love my children, as much as I love my dh.... I can't do this for them. I can't lose weight for them. I must do it for me. I must do it for my health. I must do it for my well being. I must do it for my life. I want to be that success story. I want to be the one that people look at and say, "Wow, how did she lose all that weight?" I want to encounter someone that I haven't seen in years and them not recognize me. I want their jaw to drop to the ground when I tell them who I am. I want to be that person....

NOT the person that keeps her head down while she's walking to avoid eye contact. NOT the person who pulls at her shirt in a vain effort to hide her stomach. NOT the person that can't fit into any reasonable sized amusement park ride, stadium chair or movie seat. NOT the person who doesn't attend her dh's work picnic or her child's school meetings because she doesn't want them to be embarrassed of her.

I want to be the healthy Mom who rides the rides with her children. I want to be the woman who can look anyone in the eye because I know that they are no better than I am. I want to be the wife that dh's co-workers look at and say, "Damn Ron...your wife looks good." I want to wear cute clothes. I don't want to wear shirts that come down to my knees.

So, let's look at the definition of WANTS and DO's.

Want: I want to lose weight. I desire to lose weight. But wanting it is not enough. So what do I have to do?

Do: I have to DO something about it. I have to get up, off my fat butt and start moving. I don't have to run a marathon. If I can only exercise 10 minutes a day, isn't that better than nothing at all? Isn't that better than sitting still? I have to drink my water. Not a gallon. Maybe only four cups till I work my way up. I need to adjust my eating habits. Not go on a starvation diet.....just make better choices and eat smaller portions.

The sad part about this declaration is..... I've already made it. Actually, I've made it several times. This is probably about the four millionth time I've made close to the same declaration. So why do I think this time will be any different? Why do I think I will do it this time when I've failed so many others? The honest and true answer is..... I don't know. I don't know if I will make it. I don't know if I will be the success story that I want to be.

But...what is my alternative? To quit? To stop? To just let my arteries harden and clog till I have a heart attack? To get to the point that I can't even walk anymore? To get diabetes? To die at an early age and leave my dh and children here without their Mom and wife?

I think not. So you know what? I'm trying again. I'm going to reach....dig and claw my way through these food infested waters and come out on the other side. So what if this is my 20th declaration or my 2000th? The point is: I'm not giving up. I'm not laying down and dying. I'm going to try. I'm going to succeed.

I'm re-joining WW on Monday, September 8th 2003 for the final time. I'm making a promise not only to myself, but to anyone who reads this: I will succeed this time. I WILL be the model WW. I will go to my meetings and will not just go and weigh in. I will allow one hour of my life to be spent just for me.

My goal is to one day be contacted by WW magazine because they want to hear my story of how I lost the weight and kept it off. And you know what I'll do?

I'll refer them back to this post in my journal. I will let them see the actual day and minute in time that I made up my mind that I was going to succeed.

I CAN DO THIS!
So Kat, you need accountability...so do I. You need a shoulder to cry on....so do I. You need a swift kick in the tush.....so will I. If you need someone to be strong for you when you can't, I will. We CAN do this together. We can be a success story.

Are you with me?
Old 09-07-2003, 07:37 AM   #11  
a work in progress...

Honey, I'm bent over...KICK ME!

I came in from work all wishy washy..."should I or shouldn't i call my sister to go with her?..."

Thank you Tina, for giving me the answer I needed.

Love ya!
Old 09-07-2003, 07:53 AM   #12  

Hiya Ladies!!

Barb: Oh I LOVE to Ebay!! My DH calls me Ebay queen!! Of course I buy almost as much stuff as I sell. Every spring and fall I clean out my kids closets and drawers and sell everything they've outgrown but is still in good condition. I usually do very well. I just finished selling the school clothes from last year and made about $100 bucks. I only sell the stuff that is still in good condition though. Also, here's a tip. If you can, take pictures of the clothes and post them on the auction. People don't like to buy what they can't see. If you have any questions about it, let me know.

Tina and Kat: You go girls!! Tina, I found myself just nodding my head through your whole journal entry because I have thought all those things myself. Giving up just isn't an alternative, because we all know where that road leads. So to both Tina and Kat, KEEP GOING!! You will do it!!

Melissa: Oh man, what a horrible time you're having. Sometimes eating all the junk at once is a real good way to remotivate. I know when I eat like that, I get so sick that I WANT to eat healthy and stay on track for a while. Hope things smooth out for you soon.

Thin: So you're just going to come in here and yell at all of us about chat and not post huh? Fine! Be that way!!!

Pj: HI!!!!

I think I've got everyone on this thread so far.

As for me, I just had to come in here and do a little happy dance cuz I weighed in today and I am now down 50 pounds!!!

OK. Now that I've done that, hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be able to do another happy dance for getting below 200. That is my next mission in life.

Hope everything is going OK for everyone else. Talk at ya later,
Jen

256/206/150
Old 09-07-2003, 09:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

Sure am disappointed that chat doesn't work well for me. It did that with my other computer too.

Okay, I'm in a quandry. I love bike riding. Nine years ago, I got the wild hair up my butt and made a commitment to riding in the MS 150 in September. Its a bike ride to raise money for MS - a two day ride that totals up to 150 miles. I joined WW for the first time that March. I trained hard - 5 days a week because I didn't want to not be able to do it. I lost down to 227 and was in good shape. I was able to ride 100 miles the first and then the 50 the next day. Of course, I quit WW because I was burned out and thought I would restart at January. I joined - but didn't lose more than 10 pounds of the weight I had put back on. I was a size 18-20 for about a month. I rode again the next year but rode only 85 miles and then the 50. I wimped out the next year. Every year since, somehow I manage to end up driving through the MS 150 route and having feelings of terrible regret. I loved that bike ride and the accomplishment. Since I've been married, I can't seem to get it to be a priority enough. I start out thinking I'll do it and somehow seem to get sidetracked.

Yesterday, on the way down to mom's, I had to drive through the riders again. What a gorgeous weekend to ride through the country. I want to do this bike ride again. But I need to start now and keep at it because I won't have the time to train as much as when I was single.

I'm wondering how to make the commitment and stick to it this time? I need to get recommited here as I've been doing a great maintain according to the scale. I really want to see 235 on the scale by years-end.

Kat - I'm with you about WW and not quitting again. I joined on 1/2/03 again for about the fifth or sixth time. I have only been going about every 2-3-4 weeks. I'm not sure I'm up to the weekly meetings or paying for it every week. I have contemplated lately about quitting since I am really using an online program to track my food instead of the point system. However, I can't quit this time. I want to get to goal weight and be a lifetimer. Also, I'm afraid if i don't go and weigh-in every few weeks, that I'll get lax and the weight I have managed to lose this year will creep back on. So join and make that committment with Tina and me. No matter how long this take, let's not quit.

Barb - Good for you for doing all the cleaning out. DH's sometimes are not dears. Mine does that too where he thinks its a major contribution to half-heartedly clean the kitchen. Somehow, me doing the laundry, ironing, dusting, vacuuming, toilet cleaning of all the other rooms and downstairs is equal to his keeping the dishwasher loaded and unloaded. They just don't get it. Have you tried making a list and asking him to do things? They don't seem to "see" what needs to be done and think, gosh I could do that. But mine will do things if I ask. Silly isn't it?

Tina - Thanks for posting your journal entry. Very heartfelt and inspiring. I'm so proud of you for being so open and honest about yourself and for all the positive vibe you've had lately. Keep working at this and you will be posting a 100 pound loss!

Jen - Your numbers are looking great! I've been contemplating selling my wedding dress on ebay but have no idea how to go about it.

Pam - Did I ever tell you how great it was to see your pics? Thanks for posting! Sorry about bailing out on chat.

I know there have been some of you ladies who have posted losses lately - Keep us inspired!

So ladies, who's going to make the big recommitment with us? Who's going to commit to joining the Y so they can continue to swim? Who's going to get back into Curves? Ladies, this is the time of year when we start thinking like bears - storing the fat for winter hibernation - and we need to be thinking like well...something other than a bear!

I better get ready for church. I still have to take this stupid test on Friday so I'll be studying this afternoon. But I will work in a session with the Leslie Sansone step aerobics and 30 minutes on the spinner (or maybe even outside on the bike).

Have a great Lord's day!
Old 09-07-2003, 10:24 AM   #14  

Good Sunday Morning,

TINA, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! YOUR POST WAS AWESOME!!! JUST WHAT I NEEDED! I appreciate your heart-felt sentiments, and I know without a doubt you are going to do it this time...you are a beautiful woman, you are intelligent you are strong and you are so very worthy, as are your children and husband, they need you around!! and I do too. Together we can do this!! I am right there with you, we are climbing to the top of that mountain, remember...see you there!!

Katrina, thanks to you too! you are such an inspiration....

Jen, WOW 5O LBS, THAT IS FANTASTIC!!

MissMeliss, hope today is a better day sweetie.

Barb, you are so right, today is another day, you can do it!

All the rest of you chickies, get in here and post, by the way enojed chat last night..later chicklets.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:30 AM   #15  

Morning girls...... I forgot I had not posted on this thread yet. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Hugs,
sandy
Closed Thread