Old 08-22-2012, 10:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/219/140

Height: 5'5

Default Less then 100 lbs left !

So the other day when i weighed myself, i was down 37 lbs, but i JUST realized tonight, I don't have well over 100 lbs to lose anymore. I can't even describe how that feels, to realize i only have 93 lbs left to lose out of starting out needing to lose 130. It was such a daunting number.
Once i realized that, i started doing a few calculations, I only have 56 lbs left to lose until i reach the weight i was just 6 weeks after I had my son. That is HUGE! Which means it's only 56 lbs until i'm hoping to squeeze back into my size 11 jeans (which are still tacked up to my bedroom wall lol). I'm beyond excited for that day when i can slip them on and wear them out lol.
Of course then i did a few more calculations and once i lose the next 56 lbs, it's only 37 until i hit goal, and seeing that weight spread out in those two smaller increments is , I don't even know how to feel lol Happy and excited is not the words i'd use, i'm beyond those feelings lol.

The one thing i am slightly afraid of is still seeing myself as "that fat chick", even right now i see the changes but it's completely surreal, how do you cope ?
MizMelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Wooohooo!!! That's awesome you are almost there!!! Keep it up and you will be at your goal in no time!
Jessica88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:47 PM   #3  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

Awesome!! That is definitely a great feeling I think keep up the hard work!
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:16 AM   #4  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

Take a lot of photos. You may not like looking at them now, but eventually it will help you see and accept the smaller person you've become. I previously lost 150 lbs, and am RElosing it again. During that first process, my doctor asked me if I could see the difference. I told him I felt different, but I didn't really see it. I mean, I'm the same girl I was, just lighter. I remember getting so annoyed when people commented that I "didn't even look like the same person anymore." The doctor said that unless I could see the difference the weight loss made, I was destined to regain. (He's over a very large hospital-sponsored weight loss program) Hmm.. Maybe he was right.

This time around, I'm seeing a counselor and really working on my head. I think that's the secret. Keep up the good work!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:11 AM   #5  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Go you!!!! It's definitely easier to see how far you've gone when you break it into pieces. Mini-goals definitely help with motivation.

I still struggle a bit with seeing myself as "the fat one" sometimes. I agree with AwShucks, what helps is taking pics. I look at old pics and I look at pics of myself now. Or sometimes, I might even just take a pic of myself and look at it and it never fails to let me see how far I've come. And what a difference there actually is.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #6  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Excellent! Good job
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I have very recently come up with the same situation. Less than 100# is doable! At least it doesn't seem quite as overwhelming as 160# that I had to stew on 6 months ago! 10 pounds a month... I'm told it will get harder as I progress, but I finally feel like I can walk for 15 minutes without wanting/needing to stop for a break. I have been waiting for anyone to notice the change...finally, a gal told me that summer had been good to me--that I was shrinking! Last night my mom gave me back a pair of jeans that I had given her years ago--knowing I would never fit in them again. I'm wearing them today!! That was quite a boost for me!
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 263/188/160

Height: 5' 7"

Yay! I am very happy for you! Your story is inspiring.
Strawberry Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #9  

Way to go!!!
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #10  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

Yep, losing 1 lb 100 times seems so much more doable than 130. What a nice milestone - you'll be there before you know it.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Thanks! Looks like you gals are doing very well!
MizMelis, I think you picked an excellent forum title! I bet there are very many that started out with more than 100 pounds to lose, but have reached that marvelous milestone!
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #12  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Good Luck ! you are at the right place for motivation 3FC !!!!!!
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:03 PM   #13  

thanks everybody, it means so much more then anyone could(other then those who've been there lol) understand.
There's still a lot of work left but to reach the point where i don't have 100lbs + left to lose, is such an amazing feeling.

Tomorrow is going to pose a challenge, it's one of our annual(we usually have a few a year) family reunion's, including cake tomorrow since it's my aunt's 75th birthday the day after. So unfortunately there's going to be a LOT of temptation, but on the upside there will be quite of bit of salad's and what-not and i plan on making a really healthy version of Ratatouille chock full of veggies, minimal salt, herbs, veggie broth and some herbs.I might add some whole grain brown rice, but there's going to be so much food there anyways that i might just omit it.

I'm definitely still thinking in mini goal's "mode", I aiming to lose the next 56 lbs by christmas just so i can give myself the biggest christmas gift in pulling on the last pair of jeans i wore before pilling on the pounds just 6 weeks after my son was born. So, i definitely need to re-avaluate my habits and cut out, for the most part, a lot of what i know i really don't need to consume.

Things have been just going so well and a huge part of it, is the motivation i get from you guy's. I know it's because i've been eating much healthier, but i've had several days where i just wanted to quit and say the H-ll with it, but then i read all of these success stories and about how there are people having the same struggles as i do and it makes me feel better knowing it's not just me and i don't feel so alone.

2times- that's AWESOME !! I have many pairs of jeans here that i can't fit into just yet, but i've hung on to them because i knew i wanted to lose the weight, and now i am. So actually i'm kinda glad i hung on to them because as i shrink, i wont have to keep going out to buy new jeans LOL. I have quite a few sizes actually, the smallest being my size 11's (that i bought about a week or so after i had my son), a pair of size 12's, two pair of 13's, one pair of 14's and two pair of 15's.

But on a whim tonight as i was writing this post i decided to put my 15's back on after roughly two weeks or so, to see if maybe they fit a bit better and HOLY GOD, I didn't have to lay down to button or zipper them !!!!!!!!!!!!! i now have a second pair of jeans, my 16's(which are loose) and now my 15's that i haven't been able to fit into for 3 years. So, almost 5 months, 37 lbs (as of right now but i'm a bit bloated and retaining water considering TOM at the moment) and as of today 3 jean sizes ! ! ! ! !
Old 08-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #14  

So i took a photo, i'll share it soon, but right now i'm basking in the emotions that are just overflowing right now because i'm now out of plus sized jeans (not plus sized shirts since i have huge non reducing breasts lol) and into regular sized jeans ! i can not be more happy at this moment and things will only get better !!
Old 08-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #15  

Height: 5'8.5"

Congratulations! And thanks for starting this thread. It has slowly dawned on me recently that I too now have fewer than 100 pounds to lose!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote