Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 12:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekend 9/6 & 9/7

Good Morning Chickadees!

It is absolutely beautiful here in Louisiana today. We woke up to 60 degrees and no humidity - goodness what an awesome surprise. It feels great here! like fall is really on its way!

I decided it was too nice to be inside and grabbed a small bat for protection (against all the dang dogs) and headed out for a 40 minute walk. Gosh it was nice! and don't worry I didn't have to hit any dogs, just had to wave it at a few! *sigh*

When I was journaling my exercise for today I realized that I exercised 5 times this week! yea me!

I just got thru vacuuming up all the dead love bugs in my house! oooooooooooh they are everywhere. Now I need to color my hair, wash a bunch of clothes and cook a deer roast for supper.

hope everyone has a great weekend!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 09-06-2003, 01:32 PM   #2  

Hi Cathy.......it has been raining here the last few days......I was sort of down yesterday....you would think that with my DH coming home from his 5 day fishing trip....I wouldn't be.

Yesterday was the 2nd day with clouds & rain.....I used the light box in the A.M. yesterday....but about 2 hours after I got up.....I knew I should have used it when I 1st got up.....so today I used it when I 1st got up.....I do feel better today.

Still don't know what I am going to do about my trip....if I will go back east later this month. My birth family is 2600 miles away.....I have lived this far away for 32 years.....Maybe the older you get.....it isn't as important to see them as often....especially when it seems that it is me who is making the effort to stay connected......it seemed that in the years I was depressed....I wanted to go there more....the counsellor had told me last winter....women who are depressed....often want to flee....to go where they came from....she said they felt safer there.....now that I am not depressed....I just don't feel the same way.....well....I will make a decision....but there is the added thing about possible sky jacking on Canadian planes......that is a worry.....that came out yesterday.

I am glad DH is home.....so is the dog......I am going to have my 2nd cup of coffee now. Have a great weekend everyone.

Cathy.....what are love bugs?....when I lived back east we had these bugs with long legs....we called them June bugs.....I did some cleaning this week....while DH was gone....& laundry.

April

Last edited by april99; 09-06-2003 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-06-2003, 01:59 PM   #3  
CIN

Default Happy Saturday

Hi Gang
I am staying in this room or board and keepin my nose clean from now on! Enough is enough!

Cathy I am so proud of you.You work so hard.I just know the results are coming.Hang in there!

I exercised using the New High Intensity video and 5 pounds weights for 30 minutes...........feel like I could tackle the world now.

I have done laundry and ironing.( instead of the world)

I am going to a POTluck going away Party tonight for some friends. Going to Sams to buy 3 roasted chickens.They ask me to bring fried but I told them it was against my religion!

I am anxious for hubby to return I miss his company.He wont be home until Monday!

I am fighting tiny ants since all the rain.we are having war in my kitchen.pesky little things!

Have a great weekend you all and be happy.....life is too short not to be!

Cin
Old 09-06-2003, 03:05 PM   #4  

Hey April - just want to give you a huge and tell you to just go with your heart on this decision.

Lovebugs? well they are a little hard to explain. They are little black flying bugs, but they are actually 2 bugs joined at the bottoms, so each end has a head and body and when you catch them you can pull them apart if you want to and they still live - goodness this sounds strange. I assume they are called lovebugs because.....well bec..... well bec there are 2 of them? or maybe its bec of the way they are attached? I really don't know but they are small and bothersome and they stink when you smash them and they are all over our cars and windshields and you have to scrub them off everyday or they ain't never coming off. lol

Cin, I am sooooooo GLAD TO HEAR that you are staying on these boards with us! I read in between the lines and ran over to the ww boards to see what you were talking about. All I can say girlie is ..... that some people in this world just don't get it! I love you! HUGS!

Cathy
Old 09-06-2003, 03:35 PM   #5  
CIN

TY!
Old 09-06-2003, 03:46 PM   #6  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Hi cathy, April too,

I am standing up for Cin...she is a great chick and I like to see her post. Take good care of her here in your corner of 3fc.
Cathy, good to see you. How goes the on going struggle? Nice to look at the paper work and see you have done good.....see you around,
-L
Old 09-06-2003, 04:30 PM   #7  

Hey L - it is so good to see! I saw your post on the ww boards and was so glad to see you standing up for cin! It made me miss you even more! R U still posting on the low carb boards too? how you liking the new flexpoints?
how have you been doing?
hugs,
Cathy
Old 09-06-2003, 05:56 PM   #8  
Divine Gal

hello ladies

Its a beautiful day and it was nice to open windows and get some fresh air in the house.I got some cleaning done today and some cooking.YAY ME!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. *hugs*
lynnie
Old 09-06-2003, 06:31 PM   #9  

I know I am new but I'm already very jealous of many of you ladies! Cool weather! How lucky can you get! Must be nice.

Down here in Sunny Florida the AC has been on since March and will likely keep on running right through Thanksgiving (or Christmas). I'm a native of Michigan so I really miss fall and the cooler weather that it brings.

I'm just starting out ... again ... for something like the 20th time. So I'll just kid of poke around and stick in my two cents every so often as I get a feel for 3FC.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:52 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girls !

Good to see you all and its especially nice to see new folks here.

Love bugs OY, I remember those things when I went to florida in the 70's (oh hush)!! they were gross !!

Gotta run, so I'll check back in a few.

Hugs !!
Old 09-06-2003, 10:56 PM   #11  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Yup I am doing well cathy, thanks for asking. I would walk on coals for you girls and you know it! Cin is too nice and too smart to have to put up with some of the stuff that goes on over there and frankly it is too bad. WW is a great program and this could be a great board for it.

My kids have started school and enjoying it. I have too

I have to get back on program which was where i stummbled upon Cin and she has me convinced to join again to take off the pesky pounds that make my pants hard to button.
I am still posting over at low carb, it is fall so lots of new faces there too.

How are you doing. You have been so good with the exercise, are you on a program? I miss you guys, I think I will pop in here to make sure you are on the straight and narrow
Happy weekend
-L
Old 09-07-2003, 07:09 AM   #12  
CIN

Default Welcome

Mrs K
Welcome! We are glad to have you here!
Cin
Old 09-07-2003, 08:56 AM   #13  

Talking Hello everyone!

I have enjoyed catching up on your posts this morning.....I am off to work again today....had a great day yesterday in the ER....It is nice that I am able to work on the weekend and be home during the week to be able to get the girls off, be home for dinner, homework and after school cuddles.....besides dd 5 is only going half days for now.

Last night I scrapped a bit with my neice who is 16....we are fine tuning and album for my parents......all their lives growing up, their seven kids and all of their spouses and kids.....a huge project but it is really coming together.

My housekeeper didn't show up this week but I buckled down and managed to get all the housework done. It is nice to have a clean house for the weekend.

I exercised everyday last week as well....a walk. a bike ride etc and it feels great...starting to feel the rings get loser etc.

Nice to see all the new and old familar faces....this has become quite a busy little corner.

Talk to you all later!

Eliz
Old 09-07-2003, 03:05 PM   #14  
Average White Girl

Today is sucky. I think I've broken a record for how much weight someone can put on in one day. I cannot fit into pants that I wore comfortably two days ago! What is this! When I look down, all I see are my fat thighs. I fell off the wagon yesterday, and gained 1.5 lbs in one day. But this is rediculous. I am so utterly ticked off at myself. I have to go to a thing for Fiance's work today, and I'm supposed to eat and be social. Putting on my make up, I felt like I was putting lip stick on a pig. I am between five seven and five eight, weigh 152 ( usually between 148-152), wear a size 6-8, have a 27.5 inch waist and wear small shirts. THis may not seem fat to some people, but I feel like a frickin' cow. I would fast myself if I wouldn't get sick. I am sick of this. I do well for a few days, lose weight, and then fall off the damn wagon for no reason. and not a little bit, it's like if I ate a cookie I just go crazy like Godzilla and Tokyo. Leave no survivors. What's the use? I have no idea why I let food do this to me. It makes or breaks my day, and how I feel about myself. Right now, I feel absolutely worthless. I was fine until I couldn't fit into the pants from 2 days ago! I am crappy w/ water drinking, and it's nowhere close to TOM, so it's plain ol' fat *** me. I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself. I feel like curling into a ball and crying because I see no solution. I lost 80 lbs at one time, but I am gaining back at warp speed and I can't control it. I'm so close to buying one of those weight loss pills they have at wal mart, the Xenical or whatever. I have no idea what's wrong w/ me. I've been bad, but not like this. I don't know what to do, what toe ask for...I can't really tell my fiance how I feel because he concentrates on solutions, not sympathy. He'll be like "don't eat such bad food.", like that never occured to me....
Old 09-07-2003, 05:05 PM   #15  
CIN

Default Alteon girl!

Goodness Girl,
You are being unkind and entirely too hard on yourself. I hope typing out all of those things made you feel better..............but it was hard to read and see how badly you feel about yourself!

You need to treat yourself like you would a friend.You would never talk to a friend like that! To me.it sounds like you have done a great job at losing and I think you are over reacting a bit!

Hang in there..it is tough to know what to say to you at this point except I am sorry you are having such a bad day!

Please post when you feel better and let us know.

Cin
Closed Thread