South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 06:00 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Beach Chat - August 23

Good morning from slightly foggy Delta. I imagine the fog will burn off when the sun finally shows up. We are in for a stretch of warmer than usual days which suits me fine for my company. They live in Nanaimo, BC, where summer has been pretty cool this year.

The less said about my yesterday, the better. Let's just say that I have to go back into town this morning to have a new tire installed! Donna comes to clean and help me set up guest beds but the food and drink are ready. I guess that's what really counts.

We are invited to a BBQ on Saturday and I promised a rum cake so I may get that underway this afternoon. It keeps really well and is better after a few days. **WARNING!** Not SBD compliant at all but here's the link. It freezes well and cuts when frozen. I sent one to Afghanistan and it was still perfect when it arrived although didn't last long!

Time to trudge out with the trash and then figure out today's game plan. My company won't arrive until around 8 PM, all going well, and I'm hoping to work in a wee nap since we will probably be up late. There's a three hour time difference.

Hope your Thursday is thoughtful, thrilling and whatever other TH-word you can think of!
Old 08-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'm trying to think of other TH words...

Hope you get a little nap in, Ruth. Your car is brand new...why do you need a new tire?!? Did you meet a nail? I hope you enjoy your company tonight. We're addicted to Rummikub when we have friends over!

I am so not looking forward to today. Long day of work, ultrasound on my kitty, and my boss texted me to tell me there's an upset client that I need to deal with (I need to tell her not to let me know these things in my time off....).

I acknowledge that I need to clean up my eating, but my goal is after our mini vacation. I'm not being horrible, but not being great. Between animal stuff and other stressors, I'll be realistic in keeping it okay now, and phase I after we return from labor day weekend.

My coffee is nice and strong, and the day starts soon....
Old 08-23-2012, 06:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

I overslept this morning and had to rush, but things are calmer now and I can enjoy my coffee. The extra 1/2 hour of sleep did feel good, though!

I hope today's a much better day, Ruthie, and your week is finally on an upswing. I bet you're excited about your family coming tonight! It's going to be such a fun visit!

I'm going to do a quick fly-through at the farm this morning while the girls are out on the hound-walk, then the rest of the morning is free until it's time to go to Maggie's Sneak-A-Peak and meet her teacher. She's excited to see who's in her class this next year, but not happy about having to start school next week. Summer vacation did go by way too fast, and I'm not ready to have the kids back in school, either.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, back to work for the next 4 days, with Sunday being the longest day. Stayed completely OP yesterday, which was no easy task. I have been struggling with a decision and it is making me an emotional mess. I know I will figure out what do at some point, but right now I just don't know. My BFF and I talked last night and she asked me if I was going to stop eating chips before I killed the bag. I was happy to report I wasn't wasting chips, but rather homemade healthy zucchini chips! So even though I was emotionally wasting at least I was not sabotaging myself.

Oh well life goes on and so do I. Time to wash my breakfast dishes and get to work. Have a great day
Old 08-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth I love company, enjoy yours

Twynn I have been dealing with upset customers all week most be something in the air

Cottage enjoy your day

Jekel yeah for zucchini chips versus real. Hope you come to a decision that leaves you feeling stress free

Tonight is soccer practice, I am ready for the weekend

Have a great day everyone
Old 08-23-2012, 09:34 AM   #6  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning chicks! I haven't posted in awhile but wanted to pop in and say Hi! Life's insanely busy right now but I've been doing my best to stick to SBD. I guess it's working because this morning I hit my goal weight!!! My cholesterol is down below 200 for the first time in years too :-)
I couldn't have done it without all the support from you ladies in the beginning so thank you!

As things at work calm are calming down I'm hoping to be able to read & post more. Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

A day off and I'm painting again (what's new). Lots on my list so I'm trying to get home stuff done first.

Kelly J, congrats on achieving your goal weight! Thanks for checking in with us and sharing your news!

Jennifer, sending support as you wrestle with an emotional decision. Yep, zucchini chips are better than the other kind.

Ok, back to work.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4

Hi all! I thought I would stop by for a quick hello! I hope everyone has a spectacular rest of the day!
Closed Thread