South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 06:18 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chat on the Beach - August 18 and 19n

Coffee is ready for everyone and I can easily make tea too.

Up and at 'em early this morning as the Doggage go to the kennel and then I go to Brockville to hop the train for Montreal. I am looking forward to the 90 minute trip. It would take me 2.5 hours to drive there plus about $50 worth of gas and I'd have weekend traffic to contend with on the 401! Because of the super-saver fares, the train is cheaper.

Cathie will pick me up at Dorval and we'll probably go out for lunch before going back to her new condo. We'll have dinner at her place and then off to see "Wicked". Too bad I need to get the early train in the morning but I do have to be back for the Mill fish fry.

Hope you all have a good weekend. I sure intend to have one!
Old 08-18-2012, 06:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for making the coffee this morning, Ruthie! I'm getting mine while it's still hot and fresh. Your weekend sounds absolutely delightful and I hope you have a great time!

I have no particular plans for my weekend, although Monica called last night and is wanting me to spend the night at her place. Right now I'm not feeling all that motivated to go, and I know Jake would prefer me to spend some time with him. I think he's been feeling pretty neglected and I really ought to make it up to him.

So at least I know we're going over to the diner for breakfast, then off to get groceries, and I must stop in for a visit with Mom & Dad. Then the rest of the day is up in the air. Whatever I decide to do, though, running another load of tomatoes and squash in the dehydrator is an absolute must.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ruthie, have a great time!

Linda, good call on having some home time w/Jake. Enjoy!

Me...been up for a bit working on niggles. Kirk arrives home today while I'm at work. I have a few more chores and some active coffee drinking before I shower.

Have a great weekend beachers to come!
Old 08-18-2012, 07:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning!

Soggy morning here, but since I am working it is no big deal. Worked out again last night which made two for the day. Eating well, but I think I transitioned to P3 and didn't realize it lol. Happy to be maintaining fairly easily. No big plans which is OK with me.

Ruth have a great time at Wicked.

Linda hope you and Jake enjoy the day

Debbie way to be motivated, I have niggles that never end too

Hello to all the chicks sleeping in
Old 08-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - SO jealous that you get to go see wicked. I hope you enjoy it!

Cottage - Hoping you get some great special time with Jake. I understand, my DH is neglected often too. (although I'm not sure he doesn't prefer it that way....)

Debbie - didn't you *almost* have the day off yesterday? Did you enjoy it?

Jennifer - hope your day at work is boring!

For me - my bro is in town, it has been a nice visit so far (!!). The great news is, is that my dog's leg is *almost* normal from the chemo treatment I gave her on Thursday. It did this before, and got worse 5 days later....so I'm holding my breath. At least I have bought her some quality time, she was running around like a fool again last night.

I think we're doing a hike today, and a baseball game tonight....
Old 08-18-2012, 07:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 167/154/120

Height: 5' 1" (in the morning, LOL)

Ruth, thanks for the coffee.
It looks like everyone has a good week end planed.

A big wave knocked me off the beach for 2 days. Mostly due to poor planning and long work hours. I'm going to finish out the week (Monday weigh in) on phase 1.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

We've got a full house. The first car showed up yesterdayaround noon (with 2 hours advance notice) which had us scrambling since we didn't expect anyone until after dinner. But it worked out nicely since it was our nephew/niece with the baby so we got some special time with them to ourselves. Running on very little sleep. Off to start slicing veggies. Have a great day.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello Beachy friend! Had a busy day with an early work shift then off on a kayaking trip. Just settled down with a glass of wine after a yummy dinner of crockpot stuffed peppers and a mixed heirloom tomato salad. I love this time of year.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning drinking my smoothie thinking it tastes a little off. Realized I forgot the PB, oh well. Want to be out of house by 7, going for a bike ride. Picking up my son at 11 for a day of driving. Tomorrow he has his road test and the doggies have their check ups. Tuesday is 14 hours plus 2 hours of commuting for work (OT). Off Wednesday then back to work Thursday through Sunday.

Hopefully today I will make zucchini chips. Take care
Old 08-19-2012, 06:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Sunday morning, and it's another cool one. Dare I say Fall is in the air?

We had a really nice day yesterday, spent with my parents. We had an enjoyable drive through the Amish countryside and stopped at a popular restaurant for an early supper. I know it does my mother a world of good to get out of the house and we all had a great time.

Today will be an at-home day. There are beans to be picked and beets, peppers, carrots, and the ever prolific tomatoes to be harvested, too. We are so thankful to be blessed with such a productive garden this year, with plenty to share. And thank you, Cyndi, for giving me a great idea for supper. I'm going to make red bell peppers stuffed with quinoa.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ohhhh, where's this recipe cottage? Sounds great - I have a few peppers I need to use up, and need to get my DH on the quinoa wagon!

Jekel - sounds like today is your easy day for the week!

The house is quiet, even my brother is still asleep (um...he always wakes up before 4 am...hope he's okay...), but it's blissful right now! I have some fancy fresh ground coffee going, and it's delish. We have to decide if we want to go to church (DB definately won't but doesn't mind relaxation time), and then what else?

Just as I said I don't have many tomatoes...I picked 12 off the one plant yesterday, and a few more should be ready! Mmmm...fresh salsa? Oh, and maybe my lime cilantro chicken...with black bean salad....
Old 08-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm filling in at work this morning. Kirk and mom are coming in for breakfast to visit me.

Linda, it was our first cool morning here. brrr.

Twynn, glad to hear Reese pup had a good day. I didn't take Fri. off but went to Den. w/mom and got lots of things done.

Jennifer, enjoy your bike ride.

Ok, smoothie time. everyone else!
Old 08-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

On call today -- starting at 9am and finishing tomorrow at 11am Call shifts are pretty rough on the diet, especially since the main caf is closed weekends and the only option is the short order grill at the hospital, but I've been saving leftovers for today's meals keeping that in mind. The biggest challenge will be keeping my hands out of the boxes of TimBits that are ever-present on the ward... it's amazing how sugar cravings hit and will power lapses at 3:30 in the morning.
Closed Thread