Old 08-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160:(/see ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Default New here ;)

Hi everyone! I just started Atkins yesterday! So far it has been "easy" for me but it could be that I am a meat person anyway (grew up in Argentina where you eat red meat everyday!!!)

I guess the hardest part for me has been leaving the fruits, I love them but I can't have them in moderation... The best part yesterday was making shimp with BUTTER!!! And not feeling guilty about it!!!

A little bit about me.... Always been somewhat "normal/little chobby", after my kids I ended up around 169, got down to 146 keep it up to 152 for two years and now I am back up in 160... I have tried many things including juice fasting which doesn't last a day for me because I get crazy around 6pm and I end up giving up and.... Binging!!!

I feel like Atkins may be "the plan" for me... This is the first time ever that I am not feeling like giving up on the second day, like I said it has been pretty easy (this is coming from somebody that starts a diet every Monday morning and breaks it by Monday afternoon!!!)

I still count calories and yesterday I had: 1200 calories, 150g of protein, 22g of carbs and 4g of fiber which I think it brings my 'net' carbs down to 18???

Today I made Oopsie rolls with LF cheese and no splenda... So I'll see how those end up tasting
CIELOARGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #2  

Congrats on starting your plan out on the right foot, and making to day two still feeling it is the right plan. Now I am off to google Oopsie rolls, haven't a clue
sheski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #3  

Wow, neat I have six Atkins books/cookbooks on my shelf and thought I had thoroughly cruised all the low carb food sites, but I had never seen an Oopsie roll before. Post back to let us know if they worked well without the Splenda.
sheski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #4  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on starting! I wish you success! Genaw.com and your lighter side are good sites fir recipes
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheski View Post
Congrats on starting your plan out on the right foot, and making to day two still feeling it is the right plan. Now I am off to google Oopsie rolls, haven't a clue
Thanks!!! I am excited to be on this plan.

The oopsie rolls are awesome! I made mine with just cheese and eggs, no splenda, no cream... They turned out just fine. I might add some Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese to my next batch
Old 08-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffNeedsChange View Post
Congrats on starting! I wish you success! Genaw.com and your lighter side are good sites fir recipes
Thanks!! Glad to be here
Old 08-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! There's a few of us who are just starting Induction again (some after many years) so you'll have some "start group" buddies :-) One of the many great things about Atkins is exactly what you've already experienced - getting to 6 PM and being surprised that you haven't eaten yet because you haven't been thinking about dinner since the minute you put your fork down at lunch Best of luck and keep us posted!
davematthewsband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by davematthewsband View Post
Welcome! There's a few of us who are just starting Induction again (some after many years) so you'll have some "start group" buddies :-) One of the many great things about Atkins is exactly what you've already experienced - getting to 6 PM and being surprised that you haven't eaten yet because you haven't been thinking about dinner since the minute you put your fork down at lunch Best of luck and keep us posted!
You are so right!!! Yesterday we went to the beach (which means sandwiches, fuits and chips lol) I didn't even think twice about those things... I made me a chicken salad and brought some jello... it was great. Right now it's 7pm and I am not craving nothing... I am so happy I gave this life style a try... it's been amazing for me. No side effects so far which is really good for me