Old 08-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Default Felt very pressured today

For the first time since I started, my WI was not comfortable. I had a new consultant and she said there was a note in my file that I needed to purchase more Corti-Trim. I purchased a small bottle in week 4 of my program because of an upcoming class reunion. I have taken all of them and ran out the first of the week, but I didn't plan to buy another bottle.

My husband has been out of work for 2 years and money is tight. Sometimes, I feel guilty for spending all the $$$ I do at MRC. When I explained that to her, she said that if I have medical bills, just pay them $5 a month so that I would have money to buy supplements. I don't actually have any medical bills, but I wonder if she would like me to tell the Electric Company that too.

I did lose another pound since Monday, when I lost 1.5, so I'm not going to stress over it too much, but it irritated me. I don't want to have to explain myself each and every time I weigh-in.

Thanks for letting me let off a little steam!
I love this place.
rwquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Yikes... don't blame you on that one. That's insane... they need to understand that you can do what you can do... this economy is so tight nowadays and it's better to do what you can live with than feel bad about not buying something... yeesh. Sounds like you're doing fine on your own. Try not to stress too much (it can make you gain weight!) and just move forward.

On another note, I used to feel bad about spending any money (MRC or otherwise) on myself... then I realized that I was investing in my health which was more important. As long as you're not spending the utility/rent/mortgage each month and you have your MRC expenditures budgeted, don't worry...

Hoping things go better for you and the hubster's employment.
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:43 AM   #3  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

That is crazy!!! I never bought any of the pills and successfully lost. I just followed the plan And for the HNSs used Syntrax protein powder. The MRC consultants make a commission on the pills they sell. That was very irresponsible what she told you. You actually don't have to buy anything they sell. They will just tell you you won't have a guarantee on the weight loss. Anyway that's just my opinion
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:51 PM   #4  

Wow! I feel bad for you too, but am glad that you stuck to your guns! You should not have to explain yourself or your spending to them! I feel that their diet works, but they get a little too money hungry. It bothers me that they push their supplements and we are all so anxious to lose weight, that we make purchases based on emotions. Maybe you should have your response rehearsed before your next weigh in and it will be easeir to keep the conversation quick with the consultant. If you're losing weight without the Cortitrim, point that out and just be proud of your accomplishments. Don't let them make you feel bad. . . at all!
jlpnebraska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #5  
Motivated Member

I would leave my purse in the car when I weighed in and when they'd ask me what I wanted to purchase. I'd say I have everything I need, thanks anyway and I'd tell them how great the plan works. Then I would ask about food suggestions....in other words, divert their attention away from more pills or HNSs

Last edited by bigdog; 08-19-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209.4/197.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
I would leave my purse in the car when I weighed in and when they'd ask me what I wanted to purchase. I'd say I have everything I need, thanks anyway and I'd tell them how great the plan works. Then I would ask about food suggestions....in other words, divert their attention away from more pills or HNSs
LOL! That would be my approach as well. I am so thankful my couselor does not try to pressure me to buy extra stuff. I am on a limited budget, so that would not be an option. Hang in there!!
nvogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #7  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

I had this same experience when I went to LA Weight Loss a few years ago. It was really disgusting. It really turned me off from weight loss businesses. Unfortunately, for many of these companies -- and the people who work for them -- their profit and personal wealth are their main objectives. Your weight loss is distant secondary concern. Sure, they want you to lose - because they want you to keep coming back and buy more supplements.

A few weeks ago i started following a plan (Quick Weight Loss) because many of my friends have had a lot of success with it. But I didn't join. I do it on my own. I buy my own supplements -- not the overpriced ones that QWL sells. So far, in a few weeks, I have already lost 25 pounds. So, don't let any salesperson bully you into buying stuff you don't need or want. If they keep doing, ask for somebody else who won't try to pressure you. YOU are the customer. They need to respect your wishes!
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #8  

Thanks for all the encouraging comments. I had a different consultant yesterday at WI and she didn't pressure me at all, however, she did set up an appointment for me to discuss the results of my saliva test. So, we'll see what that brings.....
Old 08-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Brace yourself...
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #10  
Motivated Member

Rwquilts, Camaswa is right..... This is how this will play out....
OMG, your hormone levels are so high which will prevent you from losing weight and you will never ever have a flat stomach unless you order our hormone cream, cortitrim, and at least three other bottles of pills that can only be purchased from MRC. Please give me your credit card and I'll hook you up immediately!

When they did this to me I told them I would show it to my ob gyn and get her opinion (being a real doctor) after all. My doc looked at it and said my hormone levels were normal. She also told me that if I bought the pills I may lose a little faster but as soon as I stopped taking them I'd gain the weight back

(just my opinion)
Old 08-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #11  

Well, how interesting. I am pretty sure that my tummy has gotten a bit bigger since I quit taking the Corti trim, but it's still a whole lot smaller than it was 3 months ago.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #12  
Motivated Member

anything i say on these boards is just my opinion...some of the successful losers take the supplements and do really well. i wanted just to do the food plan and did really well with that. the extra protein keeps me from being hungry and i realized that the more carbs i ate the more i wanted! so....cutting out most carbs and adding more protein was the key for me and my weight loss. the cool thing is i look leaner too, i guess the extra protein and less carbs make me less puffy :-)

what ever works for you, do it....everyone is different! Good luck everyone!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 314/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

I must say I am very thankful for my center & consultants, I have never been pressured for anything. I did do my saliva test & I did get the natural balance cream but I wasn't pressured to get it, My cycle has been so out of whack for over a year now first it was 3 week long periods, then it was a period so heavy for 5 days that I had to wear tampons & pads at the same time & was still soaking through now I am having a lighter 5 day period but it takes forever to start as of today I am 12 days late (my tubes are tied & I don't have any preg symptoms so I know it's not that) I have been to my ob gyn & had testing done all of which are normal so she says my body is just regulating (seriously at 32 years old? ) so I figured what the heck lets see if this helps with my crazy cycle (sorry for the TMI) i just wanted to share that I was not pressured to buy anything.
aw82797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 199/178/145

Height: 5' 7"

I am thankful for my center too! The counselor I go to in the Overland Park location is so night. She looks like one of those naturally svelt people, but she's been through the program too (probably not 50 lbs overweight like me, but still!) and just really helpful. I have felt no pressure to buy extra pills, and I only try the ones that I am really interested in.

I did get the B12 complex but found that I could get the exact same thing on Amazon for around $6. I think that does give me an energy boost, so I'll be ordering that soon.
sonnyrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 177/169/145

Height: 5'7

Allyson I just joined the center in Overland Park as well across from Corporate Woods. I could not believe how nice they are and no pressure whats so ever!!!
tamarainopks is offline   Reply With Quote