Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 01:27 PM   #1  

Default Not New Anymore but still losing

Hi everyone
I am here. Just been busy like everyone else.

Deb I am so sorry about your wallet being stolen. Do you have any idea who stole it. So havinf the kids there after school is really hard to deal with andtry to do your job at the same time. I will keep you in my prayers. I don't know what the deal was with you and Gayle and the religon thing, but I do know that when you are in church and its a church you like it just helps you in every aspect of your life. I have been going through a time with my christanty lately and I haven't been to church since May and I have been so unhappy and it seems like everything happens and I know it is because I am not honoring God and living my life for him I ask that all of you pray for me and my family that we will get back in church soon.

Dana, sounds like you are planning a nice weekend. I hope you get some good news from Brett's test results. Our prayers are with you. How is school going How does Laken like her teacher and the one who helps with her. Have you sold any of your cards on ebay.

Daphne, you have only 3 days til you can do your and enjoy a cup of coffee in the mornings with a little relaxation. Is Jason home for this holiday weekend. Do you have anything planned.

Gayle, you are right when someone talks to me about politics and tey give me there opinion they best better be ready to hear mine. My sis is like that you can't talk politics with her, she gets all fired up. She is a Rep. and I am a Dem. Where are you and your mom going this time and when are you leaving. I hope you have an enjoyable trip.

Mavis how are things with you. I see Eleanor had a birthday. A belated Happy Birthday to Eleanor. How is the weather oner there. Has it cooled down any. We have been having a lot of storms anfd rain. This week temps. and humidity is suppose to be lower. Hope things cool off for you soon.

Everything is rather quiet here and I am enjoying it. DD's are all doing well. DD2's broken heart seems to be mending very well. She was nominated for 10th grade Homecoming attend. She won't know til Wed. if she got it or not. It sure would do her self-esteem a lot of good if she did get it. But there are some very popular girls nominated as well.

Hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day and I will chat later

Ann

Last edited by tropicalfreeze; 08-31-2003 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-31-2003, 02:39 PM   #2  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone I am here. No plans now for the weekend. DH is being an a$$. I really wonder why I ever got married at times.
Deborah I am so sorry about your wallet. That sucks have you told anyone at work about it? Where aws your wallett at work? In a desk or what? Are ther camera to show who had access to it?

Ann I am sorry that you are feeling a bit doen with the religion and all. I have been the same way. Right now at this moment I really don't care about going to our Church. I am sick of the smallness of it and all the seperation that goes on there.
Gee my stress level is to high right now. I won't post to much I feel a migrain coming on and the fight isn't helping it any.
Daphne
Old 09-01-2003, 01:01 AM   #3  
Queen of My Life

Cool Sunday Evening

Hello Everyone!

I found it

Daphne...I saw your pic on the old thread...your hair is getting really long. I hope you weekend is going better today. How is the weather up there? What is up with your DH? Have you talked to Tony lately...he didn't come up for the three day?

Ann....How is your weekend going? Did you guys bar-b-q or anything? It is good that DD2 is on the mend. I know what you mean about christianity. I am struggling right now with it all.

Dana I hope you had fun camping! Where did you go (I missed the post). I hope the weather cooperated for you. How are the kids? Bretts diabetic? I hope all is well.

Mavis....happy late B-day to Eleanor also Have you started back to work? How is it going, any more problems for the manager?

Gayle...don't worry you didn't offend me. I am having hard time with the church too. I really want to go some where that I feel good about being there and that I like the people too. I like the people at church, but I wonder weither they would still talk to me if I wasn't going. And that makes me feel like they are unsincere and it is hard for me to trust them. I am sorry to hear that you and Kevin had a falling out over politics. Religion, polictic and family are usually touchy subject between friends. I hope you guys can mend those fences. I know I still haven't talked to Barb and it has been two years already. As for you, are you ready to head to KC? Are ya through packing? I can't remember how you are going...are you driving or flying? Take care of yourself and mom. I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip.

Well, I had to get on here to relieve some stress. I am tired and sore and the kids are driving me nuts! Yesterday we had a great day, we went with BJ and family to a park about 45 minutes away. There is a man made lake and waterslides. We bar--b-q and a fun time was had by all.

I have to tell you...I went on the water slides, but it was Heck getting up the hill to go down them. One kid would pull my hand or get behind me and push me 1/3 of the way up the hill, until I needed to rest and told them to just leave me, then my other kid would come along and drag me up a little bit more, and finally I would huff-n-puff my way to the top of the waterslide. Where I would weeze and catch my breath standing in line to go down again. After about 45 minutes of this cardiac nightmare, I finally gave up and went back to the picnic area with Darcie and Adrian, (Darcie had sprained her finger and it was bothering her and Adrian was bore of it). Me I was just plain exhausted...from my 7 trips up and down the slides. So today, I am really feeling the pain of my little workout yesterday. I was tossed around a couple of times going down the tubes and today, my whole body feels like I was beaten...lol It suck to be this old and this fat!
I guess that is why I am so cranky, between my money situation and aches and pains...there is no way I could be a bottle of sunshine As always though, I feel sorry for my kids they don't deserve B*tch momma either...I shouldn't be so angry and testy all the time with them. I just lose it! My apartment is in shambles as well as my van, and I am so bloody tired of living in a mess I could scream! Yet, I am so tired and sore I just haven't felt like doing much of anything either...catch 22 (to the max)!

As for my wallet, I believe it was stolen out of my van in the parking lot at work. There were no witnesses and until I found out that the theives has used my cards, I had actually though I might of lost it, while dropping Joseph off at school or something. Let me tell you what exactly happen. First my wallet was a black nylon badge holder necklace. I got it to wear at Disneyland and Great America. It had a clear plastic velcro area for my ID, and a zipper area big enough for passes and a couple of credit cards and some folded money. Anyway, on Tuesday, I dressed up to take the kids to school and meet their teachers, and this nylon necklace badge holder thingy didn't quite go with the whole dressy look..lol I know I grabbed it in because I was wearing my black sunglasses and the badgeholder was wrapped around them, so I wouldn't forget it when I left the house. Once in the van, I put it on the the console between the two seats. I drove Joseph to school and left my windows down when I went to walk him to class, I had planned to only be a minute, but they were having a coffee meet and greet and I was at his school for over 45 minutes. It could of gotten stolen out of the van then. But we had just had a break in at work, and they used the other ladie's credit cards to get gas (which is the same as mine) and the gas station they used is closer to my work than my home, so I am thinking it happen there. I really don't know.

All I know is that I got to work Tuesday and was so happy that it was the kids first day of school and I was looking cute, that I totally forgot to get my wallet and left the doors unlock on the van. About 3 hours later, I went out to run an errand and it was gone. Having my stuff stolen like that has been really hard on me. I felt violated, and I am angry. It has been one hassle after another. I had to bring every piece of ID I have, to the bank so I could cash my check and get enough money for the weekend. And today when I went grocery shopping I had to really watch what I was spending, because I only had so much money on me...and I spent every last dime buying grocerys and turning my last $10 buck into quarters for laundry money.

I keep trying to look at the positive side of all this, but it is hard. I know, I was lucky and that I could of came out to the car and had my window smashed like the other lady did or had my whole purse stolen.

Now that I have been on here for an hour typing my heart out I am going to go to bed. I hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day tomorrow.

Next week is going to be another mad week, I have another mailing sitting on the table in the lobby and I am trying out a new software scheduling program, that I have to enter all the data into...I don't know if mention it a couple of weeks ago, but the Director vittoed the Online Scheduling software I had been using because she didn't want to pay the monthly fee...and I had entered all my room reservations into it. So all that data was basically lost, I did manage to print out a couple of monthly calendars, but they don't have all the info I need on them, and now I have to start from the beginning with trying out other software and entering in all the differnt rooms and all the diffent event for each of them.

Like I have time to do this all...So I guess what I am trying to say is that I don't know if I will have time to post, between the kids and all this work I have, until next weekend. Take care everyone I will be thinking about you.

Oh ya, and I am so disgusted with myself I am thinking about doing something drastic and trying Dr. Atkins...I know that a high protein diet is bad for my kidneys but I am really tire of being fat!

Good night again
love to all,
DRINK WATER,
Deborah

Last edited by velvetblonde; 09-01-2003 at 01:21 AM.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:39 AM   #4  

Oh Daphne I want to see the picture of you. I looked on the old thread and I didn't see one. Deb said ther was one of you on there. Can I see.

Ann
Old 09-01-2003, 11:46 AM   #5  

All of this moving threads around and closing and what-not is so bothersome when you've been gone a few days and have to read the old stuff along with the new. I know I won't get everything said here but I'm going to post anyway.

Deb first of all with your stolen stuff, if someone used some cards, were you talking about ATM or visa cards cause they would be on camera trying to use something like that. Then again, I guess they would have to know your pin number for that. At least you've reported them stolen and won't be responsible for what does happen. Now for having your drivers license stolen, that's a different story. That would bother me worse than the money or cards. Around here you couldn't get by with writing checks that didn't belong to you cause they are pretty strict about having ID to write them but then again you said you had those so that's good. Reading your last post makes me exhausted. Hope you can get some rest soon. Like before christmas.

Ann thanks for starting us up a new thread. I thought we could post until 2000 posts and didn't realize we were in jeapordy of being closed again. It took me years to get back into church. I didn't start back until dec. 1st and it primarily was because I didn't know if laken would be quite enough to take her but she handles it well and loves music. Is your back better? My dad has being doing better since he had those electric wires placed in his spine. He's suppose to have it surgically implanted sometime this week.

Daphne I guess I missed it but your kids are going back to school this week aren't they? I missed the picture deb was referring too as well. I need your recipe for the banana pie or whatever you said on the other thread. (lost my mind) I like bananas though and it sounds good.

Gayle I guess you leave pretty soon. i hope your back holds out and that you have a great time.

Mavis I guess yall don't have labor day?? I always forget what is a US thing and what isn't.

Well anyway the trip went well. Got in about 9:30 this morning. We had a bear friday night that got one of our chairs that had garbage sitting in it and carried it about 10 yards away. The only thing left in the garbage was drink cans. He stole the entire paper plates and not only the left over food on them. I heard it when it happened for the chair was only about 1 foot from my head just inside the camper. Our neighbor saw the bear actually though. There was 3 spotted that same night running around. Didn't see anything else though.

I have this little cyst like thing on my stomach that I dealt with 2 years ago. It's larger this time. It's a good but under my skin and egg shaped and filled with fluid. It's like a boil I guess but deeper. its so bothersome. 2 years ago laken had kicked me some how and ruptured it and it's taken 2 years to come back. It really grew fast this time though. Has anyone ever had anything like that? Well i'd better post this and go check on the laundry. We have a lot to wash including bed cover and such. Have a good rest of the day.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:02 PM   #6  
Queen of My Life

Red face Hello Everyone!

I Hope everyone had a great 3day. I am back at work and wanted to add this new page to my favorites and found that we were kicked to page 2 so I thought I had better post and kick us back to page 1...lol

How is everyone Doing???? POST SOON!
Dana... it seems you had a "bear" of a time camping I guess you are thankful that the bear went after the chair and not your camper. I am so sorry to hear about that cyst. My neice had told me a couple of year ago about her Brother (my nephew) who was getting huge golf ball size cyst on his back that he would have to have surgically removed. Apparently this was a frequent problem with him. I haven't talked to my neice since we drove together to Idaho to see my dad before he pasted away so I am not sure if my nephew is still plagued by this strange occurance or not. I really think that you should have a doctor look at yours though, just incase, especially since it has retured. It might be a hormonal thing or genetic. How are the kids doing?

Ann, Gayle, Daphne, Mavis... How was your weekend? Inquiring minds want to know

Nothing much going on here, but a load of work and being extremely exhausted. I have to leave in 1 1/2 hours to go get the kids from school...Oh joy, Oh joy! The sisters came over last night and I got a little testy with them...they are trying to get us to read the bible every night....give me a break...I really don't have time to be that religious right now! Besides the kids just space out and ignore me and the sisters when they talk and I really don't feel like playing Hitler and making them pay attention...I can spend my time and energy in other more positive ways.

I don't know if I mention it or not, but my ears have been stuffed up for the last week or so. I don't know if it is an allergy thing or what, but it is really starting to annoy me!

Got to get back to the old GRIND!
DRINK WATER
Old 09-03-2003, 09:29 AM   #7  

good morning

How is everyone this morning. Hope you all had a nice weekend. Things were quiet here. DD and SIL came up Monday evening and we cooked out. Yesterday wasn't so quiet. Amanda was really late coming home from school yesterday. She wasn't on the bus. To make a long story short if she had called me and told me where she was it would have been ok, but she didn't and she also drove the friends car that she was with to 3 different cities with no drivers liscenses and her friend wasn't even in the car with her. It wouldn't have been so bad if her friend had been in thewre cause her friend had driver liscenses and if she had gotten stopped by the police she would have had a liscense driver with her.. Well she is grounded. I haven't decided how long yet.

So whats going on with all of you.

Got to go . I am going to get my hair cut and colored this morning. chat later.
Dana u are on line and im you. if i don't answer back its cause i am logging off

Ann
Old 09-03-2003, 12:14 PM   #8  

I'm in a rush here but thought i would tell you ann, I don't have any IM programs installed so I can't respond to you if you see me online. It must be MSN you're referring too?? After that worm got my computer, I haven't put the IM back on.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:53 AM   #9  

What's up with everyone? I've had sickly kids all week. Different forms of viruses and allergies running through them and even Kevin has diarrhea today. If I get sick, the whole world falls apart. Kids got their fundraiser books 2 days ago and I've been trying to figure out what to buy in there to even help get birthday and x-mas started for the remainder of the year. We still have one neice and both mothers b-days before we can worry about x-mas. Can you believe x-mas is only in about 3 1/2 months?? WOW.

Kevin is working or trying to finish putting skirting on a mobile home and it's causing so much stress financially and all he seems to worry about is impressing the friend that he's doing the work for. In the mean time, we may have a $120 grocery check and no telling what else to bounce while he makes all kinds of ATM withdrawals. They (kevin and his working buddies) usually make the person paying them to purchase the materials before the job is started but he is doing this one on his own and he didn't have it done that way. When it's all said and done, there won't be any profit on it plus he may be paying over limit fees at the bank. There just isn't too many guys out there with common sense. I try to stress that to my kids all the time. Especially the boys, i want them to be better than their dad but I can't necessarily tell them that. I've told them they will never date or marry cause I will show the girl what they will grow up to be- there dad.

Anyone got some big plans for weekend? Nothing planned here. Although this week was short, it's been LONG. I"m tired to say the least. Tired of all the meds. for everyone and their illness. I've been putting more of my cards on ebay for bids and now I have 9 auctions running at once that I put on yesterday but no bids as of yet. I've sold 4 sets so far and the bids come on the last day before the auction ends so there's still hope with 5 and 6 days left yet.

Well I guess I'd better run and take care of some business. I didn't realize until this week that my cell phone number isn't local and we have long distant charges on our phone bill from dialing it. I called them an hour ago to change it and they said their computer was down and to call in 45 minutes so I need to get that done. Hope everyone has a great TGIF.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:45 AM   #10  

Hi, ladies. It's been so long since I've been on here, that I'm not going to try to respond to everything that has been said.

I do, however, want to empathize with you, Deborah on the stolen wallet thing!! That is a *****. Hope it all get's straightened out soon.

I've got almost everything ready to go into the suitcases and today the super let me into the storage to get the cases out. So, I'm pretty well ready in that sense. I'm really getting antsy about driving though. I've been anxious about driving on trips since we had that accident in TX a few years back. I don't really trust myself completely anymore. I need you all to pray and send good vibes my way through this trip.

I am going to try to remember to sent those postcards out, Daph...really, I am!!! Glad the kids are in school finally?

Dana, good thing you didn't have the food stuff in the camper, eh? Hope your kids didn't miss any school. I know they're so good about perfect attendance, your kids.

I have to get off and take a quick shower. I'm leaving in half an hour to go to the chiropractor. I need it again, too. I've had those headaches again this week. I think they are tension along with being out of place, though.

Have a good weekend, everybody. I'm sure I'll be on again before we leave to go to KC.

Love,
Old 09-05-2003, 11:46 AM   #11  

Ann, congrats to DD2. I really hope she gets this. It WILL do her a world of good. Also glad she's getting 'over' the BF.
Old 09-05-2003, 04:50 PM   #12  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Wow we have all been busy it seems. I am fighting allergrgies here as well. I have been on my phone 24/7 it seems like lately. I had to make so many calls to get Megan in school. Now I am having calls about Megan and her surgery on the 15th. I have to go to Seattle Thursday for 3 Dr. appointments and then again the surgery on Monday. IIeesshh!!!!!! Call me Dr. Mom.
I am so worn out right now trying to get all this medical stuff together and not sleeping with Jason being gone and not having his physical support here. OH and my house has been attacked by damn fleas. I was going to bug bomb today but my van wont crank the battery needs to be jumped. My neighbor will do it tonight when he gets home.

SO I hope ya all will forgive me for not remembering what hs happened.
Deb sorry about the walet that really sucks, Dana I hope all the family is better now and sorry that Kevin messed up, Gayle have fun on your trip, ANn how is it going with you right now?
LOve ya all,
Daphne
Old 09-06-2003, 03:57 PM   #13  

Just a short post to let yall know that brett's lab work is in and he's type 1 afterall. Now the regime that they wanted to follow can't happen cause the pills he's taken can't help. Hope yall are having a good saturday. i was just thrown a shock when reading the mail and haven't been the same since then. I know it will be ok but i was hoping so badly that it was type 2.
Old 09-07-2003, 05:18 PM   #14  

Sorry but its only a short post again. I haven't been on for ages and its taken me over an hour to clear all my emails and now I haven't got time to post. Sorry about you having your things stolen Deb, that really stinks. Have only skipped through the other posts so I can't address you all but love to everyone and speak to you later
PS Does everyone else get junk mails offering loans and penile extensions!!!
Old 09-07-2003, 09:19 PM   #15  

YES Mavis. Especially the last thing you mentioned. Hope to hear from you soon. I'm just really struggling with Brett and his high sugars today. I think he needs to see a Dr. tomorrow to be sure it's only allergies or viral. I'll post more tomorrow.
Closed Thread