Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 06:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 08/14/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

IP Daily Chat Friday 08/10/12
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Information for newbies:

Tickers and Signatures:

Quoting:

Searching:

Progress photos:

Last edited by rissimo; 08-14-2012 at 06:33 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:24 AM   #2  

Well, I just ordered a dehydrator!!!! I'm excited to try it out. I'll have to find the recipes on here for it. My one question before having read a manuel or recipe book that it comes w/ would be: should i season the veggies first? and what would be the best veggies to do. I figured I'd try zucchini, celery, maybe mushrooms. I'll have to find out what seasonings to use too. Any help, tips, suggestions are much welcomed

Last edited by guttergirl9; 08-14-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Good morning everyone hope ya'll have a great day!!! WI#7 this afternoon. hope its a good one. (fingers crossed).

Old 08-14-2012, 07:59 AM   #4  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Just weighed in this morning. Checked a few times then called for back up from my wife. She read the scale and said, 341 or 342. I looked at her and smiled, because that's all I could read too. She crouched down and said 341 and gave me a high five. So I am down 129 as of this morning! Today is day one past the half way mark.

Last edited by usmcvet; 08-14-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #5  

Amazing USMCVET!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Just weighed in this morning. Checked a few times then called for back up from my wife. She read the scale and said, 341 or 342. I looked at her and smiled, because that's all I could read too. She crouched down and said 341 and gave me a high five. So I am down 129 as of this morning! Today is day one past the half way mark.
All i can say is wow!!!!!!! damn dude that is awesome.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Wow, so incredible! The amazing shrinking man!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #8  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Way to go! Passing that half way mark is HUGE
Old 08-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Height: 5'5"

Good luck Big Daddy! And way to go usmcvet!

Last edited by fitgirl2012; 08-14-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Good morning I Peeps!

Nice job Vet! (Check your PM)
Old 08-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #11  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
WOW! That's fantastic!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Hello everyone. i am starting this diet tomorrow using alternatives. I have been reading this forum for weeks getting good information and inspiration. I have just taken some before pics and measurements. I would like to keep a journal on my iPhone. Can anyone recommend a good app to use? Thanks
Old 08-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Welcome TwoTots!
I use the app from 'MyFatSecret' as a food journal. The thing I love about it is that it is on my andriod and also my PC, so I can journal at work and when out and about. It updates online so I'm always on top of it. You can track weight there too, but I use the 'weighttracker' app on my phone for my week-to-week accountability now that I'm not going to the clinic anymore. I prefer it to the other app only because I like the larger graphic better.
Good luck to you!

Oh, I forgot to mention that a lot of IP foods and alternatives are already in the food data base, and new ones are super easy to add!

Last edited by Dakin; 08-14-2012 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention...
Old 08-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #14  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Default Food Truck - aughhh

Something I do, just in general, when I face a hurdle, obstacle, something in my way, is to face it head on. Admit that that thing could be trouble. This sort of takes the power away from it.

Here in downtown Baton Rouge, where we really have great food on every corner just about, we get these food trucks that park along the streets for lunch. They really don't get to me, except for this one, The Chicken Shack. Imagine your grandmother's fried chicken on Sunday afternoons. Imagine any other fried goodies you can think of. This truck has all of it and it is good. I see it out the window this morning and a funny thought entered my mind. I wonder if I shot that truck with a bazooka how funny all that fried food would look flying in the air. (of course no one gets hurt in my thought)

Just wanted to share in order to take some power out of that devil truck parked outside.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Good morning everyone hope ya'll have a great day!!! WI#7 this afternoon. hope its a good one. (fingers crossed)
I will keep repeating until I am (blue in the face), ALL weigh-ins that are not gains are GOOD weigh ins!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTots View Post
Hello everyone. i am starting this diet tomorrow using alternatives. I have been reading this forum for weeks getting good information and inspiration. I have just taken some before pics and measurements. I would like to keep a journal on my iPhone. Can anyone recommend a good app to use? Thanks

Man! I hope so b/c I'd love one too! Good luck! I'm actually going to pick up some alternative products this week so I can just use my fav IP products (I've also gotten some items to trade for people who can only buy boxes)

So I was down 1 lb on my weigh-in yesterday. Since ALL weigh-ins that are not gains are good weigh-ins, I'll take it. My coach thought it was low b/c of the less-than-optimal chicken dinner on Sun nite. She said I did great with my choice but thought I could have been retaining some water & I should see a difference next week. The measuring tape told the story with an additional FIVE inch reduction.

It is TRULY not all measured on the scale.

We can all get in such a big hurry. I'm a huge culprit. Just need to remember the tortoise and the hare. Who won that race? Slow and steady!

Last nite I organized all my packets for the week. They're all in Ziploc bags labeled for the day. So easy to just pull out the bag for the day. Today I need to stop for lettuce, broccoli or cauliflower, and some EAS vanilla RTD (I'll use that instead of IP RTD in my coffee, saving $$ for IP packets for meals). I'm still on my spinach/lettuce dark chocolate pudding/coffee smoothie kick for breakfast and my soup with pureed veggies kick for lunch. When that gets boring I'll change it up. I don't think I could do those soups without the pureed veggies, what a difference some REAL FOOD makes!

Have a great 100% OP day
Closed Thread