Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 04:23 PM   #1  

Talking 300 + and ready to try again...#402

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME

Old 09-04-2003, 05:16 PM   #2  
You and Me in 2003

HELLO ALL
Old 09-04-2003, 06:03 PM   #3  
BELIEVE!

Hey Chicks!
I am just wrapping up work for the day and getting out of the office later than I'd like. However, I just checked the traffic report and it's not looking good at the moment so I thought I'd take a few minutes to catch up with my favorite gals before heading home and sitting in the car for over and hour. Ugh!

I am still planning on going to the gym tonight. I've got that --- it's a rainy day, I've worked too hard, I'm getting home late....attitude, but I am not going to let it get the better of me. I WILL get to the gym tonight and tomorrow no matter what!!! A big part of me whats to go home, get in my jammies and hit the couch, but I know how much better I will feel if I work out.

I am hoping for at least a 1 pound loss this week. I am happy with the 1-2 a week that I have been losing. I feel like it's very manageable. The scale was not looking too favorable this morning. Maybe I am putting on some muscle with my new workout.

2cute --- Step away from the bread! You were embarrassed to ask Connie what procedure....and I am a little embarrassed to explain. I don't remember the exact wording or problem, but I know it was a rectal situation. Maybe someone else can explain better.

Pam --- I agree, this isn't all "water weight" and I can no longer say it's "Baby fat". It's a lot of bread and cheese over the years along with some oreos thrown into the mix.

Tina --- I know all I did early in my short post was laugh! You really cracked me up with the donut story. But, seriously, I am proud of you for making the decision to have ONE. I agree completely with your decision. If I am really craving something I will usually let myself have a little instead of waiting and going overboard. Everything in moderation! Good Girl!!

Natalie - Thanks for starting a new thread for us. I just didn't have time earlier. But, then you left and didn't post. Where'd you disappear to???

Mary --- Well Gal, that was short and sweet! How are you doing??

Ok, as much as I love hanging out here I need to hit the road and face the traffic. This will put me home a little after 7, assuming no major hold ups, I'll take an hour to have dinner, hang out with DH and the dogs and then hit the gym about 8:15 for about 45 minutes. Then I am thinking a nice hot shower and a cozy bed will be in order!!! Not sure if I'll make it back tonight.

Have a great evening!
Barb
Old 09-04-2003, 07:03 PM   #4  
Progress..not perfection

Default To answer your question.....

2cute: Connie said she was having a procedure done for an anal fissure, which is a small tear or cut in the skin lining the anus which can cause pain and/or bleeding. No, I'm not that all-knowing about anal fissures, I just remember what she said and that she was in a lot of pain. She said she had been eating a little more to help keep her mind off the pain, so I'm glad that she's have the procedure. I know she had tried several things and they didn't seem to help.

My thoughts are with you Connie

Now......

I have a few minutes to myself, so I thought I'd hop in to see how everyone was doing. Dh and Trey are at a Jr. High football game (of course) and Brian is in his room doing homework, so instead of watching the same episode of Married With Children that I've watched 800 times, I thought I'd hop in to see what my lovelies were doing.

Once again....I am SO very excited to be re-joining WW on Monday. I've already pretty much got everything I need, I just need to take that final plunge.

Barb: So, you like the donut joke, huh? I thought it was pretty comical. I didn't actually know where I was going with it till I got started.
Quote:
A big part of me whats to go home, get in my jammies and hit the couch, but I know how much better I will feel if I work out.
Good job! I'm very proud of you. Don't you always feel great when you work out?

Alright everybody......FRONT AND CENTER!!
Where the crap is everybody?! Get your hind ends in here an post! That's an order.

Thin, Pam, Michelle, Kat, Lucky, Joe Anne, Mary, Amanda, Sandy, Jen, 2cute, Duckie, Steph, Natalie....and anyone else I might have missed.

I need to talk to you guys....otherwise, I just sit in here talking to myself and you know how that turns out!

Come on in and post you guys!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 07:13 PM   #5  
a work in progress...

Hey girlies...

I should be getting ready to attend the Boy Scout Committee meeting...but I really don't want to go, so I came here instead.

I'm not ready for summer to be over!

I really have nothing to share. No good diet stories. I haven't ridden my bike due to the inordinate amount of rain we've had this past week.

Congrats to Tina...Employee of the Month! Destroyer of Donuts. Maharjah of Moderation....mmm...can't think of anymore superlatives...

Natalie...I've always liked Desiderata...Thanks for sharing it with us.

Mary...I still have books for you too! We are in major 'clean out the house mode' at the moment. Would you be so kind as to PM the address to me again?? Do you want kid's books also? Paperbacks?

Shoot, gotta run...I still have to pretty myself up for the meeting.

see you later!
Old 09-04-2003, 08:06 PM   #6  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Ok!!

I see I've pulled Kat out of hiding. Who's next?!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 08:40 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Howdy!

Well, hundreds of pieces of Revlon and Almay make-up have new homes today thanks to yours truly! One more store down, 4 to go.

I really booked tomorrow up with little jobs. I don't know what I was thinking! Like I just couldn't take a day off. God forbid, that would be horrible. I even booked two jobs for Saturday! Not like me at all. I AM definitely working too hard!

Hopefully, I will get home from all my jobs tomorrow in time to make a visit to Curves. Haven't been since a week ago Monday. I just can't get the ambition to go there after doing these 'cosmo' jobs. The usual, run of the mill stuff I do isn't so bad, but after being on my feet all day, I just can't do it. Getting old! ("I look like the crypt-keeper!" - Jamie Lee Curtis from the movie Freaky Friday) YIKES!

I'm heading to bed early tonight. I'm sick and tired or feeling tired all the time. Hope you all have a good one.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:42 PM   #8  

Talking Me! Me! Me! I'm here!

Sorry, I started the new thread but I didn't really have anything useful to say. I'm not in such a happy place right now. I skipped my weight training tonight. I wasn't as good as Barb. I still have a workout planned for Friday and Saturday to make-up. But I have this nasty feeling that the darn scale is going to show the same thing it has the past two weeks. I'm on the verge of losing it real fast. I stayed within my 2000 calories today but I just feel like a big bloated blob right now.

Sorry to be so negative, I'm usually not like this. Maybe it's this darn 100% humidity. Ugh. At least I have no "bad" goodies in the apartment to munch on. Thank God I resisted at the grocery store. So I am going to bed before I start eating the kitchen cabinets.

Chat in the morning girls!

Natalie
Old 09-04-2003, 09:29 PM   #9  
BELIEVE!

Hey Gang,
Couldn't resist popping in one more time before I call it a night. On the way home from work I stopped at a place called "The Salad Gallery". I picked up a small buffalo chix salad. It was pretty good. I had blue cheese dressing - couldn't resist, but all in all it was a good meal. : I finally made it home about 7:15. Did I go to the gym??? Did I do 30 minutes on the treadmill at home??? It took a lot of self-encouragement, but I did it and just as I thought, I am so glad I did.

I just had a Healthy Choice Sorbet bar -- yummy! Only 100 calories and 2 WW points. They come in Orange and Rasberry.

Kat - It's always so nice to see you posting whether you think you have anything to say or not! I can't wait to meet up with you next month!

Thin - You need to give yourself a little break gal! You are working way to hard. Don't forget to take care of yourself!

Natalie - {{{HUGS}}}} Sorry you are feeling down right now! Do what you need to do to get out of your funk and get back into the game! You've been working so hard, you can get back to it. By the way, I don't recommend the cabinets, I've been there - they leave splinters!

Where are the rest of you? Come out, come out, wherever you are!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 09:45 PM   #10  
You and Me in 2003

I have overeaten today big time DH comes home tomorrow.

Thin p.m. me your address
Old 09-04-2003, 10:22 PM   #11  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Default I am back

Hello All,

I am here to say I am back on the 3fc boards and have been reading a bit tonite to try and catch up...I have been away from this forum for months...sorry....but I am happy to note that I recognize old friends who are still posting, and I can't wait to make new friends!!

A little news about myself: I finally have my divorce after so many months trying to free myself of a very un healthy marriage.

I can't begin to describe how scary and yet how freeing it has been to buy my first new (used) car and know I did well with the deal. Now I have bought an older home in the Des Moines, IA area and am having fun fixing things up...today they poured the cement for my garage, I am fixing this 1936 "modest" home to suit myself....and I am having a blast! Even did my bathroom up in a rose motiff. Gonna paint the kitchen cupboards which would have driven my "Wasbund" nutz...never paint wood...but these are old old old and I don't want the expense of purchasing new....so paint will do nicely and my budget will not suffer!

The Fall adult ed class schedule just came out...so many choices...do I want to learn how to play a guitar? Take another writing class? Maybe some computer class? I know for sure I will try and find an ASL class for improving my signing skills ..My deaf 6 year old granddaughter is always correcting my signing and telling me I am silly....lol

Now getting back to the negative issue of my weight problems!!
I am thinking that maybe I AM ready to try again!!! With the understanding and support of the rest of you I am betting I can make it this time.....I can't tell you how many times I quit smoking before I finally quit for good!! I have been smoke free since 1991 and I have to just remind myself that if I can do that I can also break the not so good choices I have been making regarding food!

My observation is that we are all to often to hard on ourselves about our back sliding....Maybe we should just remember we are human and if we mess up one day a week, there are still 6 days of the week that we didn't! It has to work as long as we keep on trying no matter how ticked we get at ourselves....that is the key keep on trying.....

I feel at home here and it is because you all understand what a struggle it is to stay OP.

I will try to respond to indvidual posts as I get re aquainted and am looking forward to making new friends too....

I am beginning to bable...Love to all and to all a good nite....
Old 09-04-2003, 10:53 PM   #12  
Walking by faith

Thumbs down ...lurking around

Been gone for a little while. I've been really struggling these last few weeks. I missed two TOPS weigh ins in a row, and I haven't stepped on a scale for days. My eating has been BAD. Tonite I had my "last hurrah": DH and I went to Outback for an anniversary dinner, and I enjoyed every last calorie.

I know I need to get back on track NOW. My back has been hurting more than usual. I know the stress of too much weight and not enough exercise is taking a toll on my health. Why is it so easy to take care of others, and so hard to take care of myself?

2 cute: Thanks for thinking of me and the others who haven't been around lately.

Mary: It's good to see you posting, if only a couple of sentences.

Pam: I saw your lovely picture a few threads ago. It's nice to have a face to put w/your name

Tina: Sounds like you're more than ready to rejoin WW! The new flex points program sounds interesting.

Natalie: Thanks for being here

Please forgive me for drawing a blank , but one of you mentioned how it was in the 40's in Maine. Makes me homesick! Right now we have high 70's w/110% humidity!

Please keep me in your prayers. I'll be back soon!

Good night ladies
Old 09-05-2003, 12:30 AM   #13  
Dancing those pounds away

HI guys !!!!
I DID IT !!!! I DID IT !!!!
My goal today was to not eat any bread and to drink nothing but water. I DID IT !!!

In fact... I did even better than that.
I ate a salad and baked chicken breast for lunch. I can't remember how long it has been since I ate a salad at home.
Heck... I can't remember the last time I ate a salad at all.

I drank nothing but water... and believe me... I WANTED A DIET COKE !!!!
I made a promise to my daughter that if she drank nothing but water today so would I. We BOTH did it !!!
About 5pm I was going to call her and say "GO AHEAD AND DRINK A Dr Pepper" LOL I REALLY wanted some pop.... but I drank another bottle of water instead.

My dinner was bread free too. Only veggie I ate was a sliced tomato but better than none. PROGRESS !!!!! I made great progress today!!!
PLUS... I exercised for an entire hour today too.
I miss not being able to swim first thing in the morning... but I am proud of myself for doing it in the middle of my day. It is not convienent to do it midday... but Iam willing to do what it takes.

Did any of you see Oprahs rerun on diet success stories.??
They all WORKED HARD to lose their weight. Much harder than I have done or doing. I am going to commit to working hard for my success too. It is a fact of life... it isn't going to happened on its own... I have to work for it!!!!

Now on to replys....

SYN !!!!! Welcome HOME.!!! It is soooo good to see you again!!!
I am so happy for you. FINALLY getting the past put behind you and moving forward with your future. You sound so much more at peace. I sent you an email yesterday but I got it sent back to me. If you would , send me your new email adress.

Thin... I worry you are working TOO HARD. Please pace yourself slower next time you get new jobs. I know you are capable of doing it ALL ... but it may not be best for you overall.

Homebound... Happy Anniversary !!! Sounds like you had a wonderful dinner in honor of your marriage. Now that you have that "special occasion" over with.... you can get serious again about your weight loss journey. Your health is worth it!!!!

Barb... congrats on walking that treadmill when you got home.
Commitment like that is what will make you successful in the long run.

Mary... I sure miss your longer posts. It might help you get back on track with your food. Work on PROGRESS not perfection. What can you do for progress ???

Natalie... I too have tried eatting the kitchen cabinets .... great for fiber but lacking in flavor. LOL
I am soooo sorry to hear you are getting frustrated. We have all been there... BUT !!!!! you can't afford to stay there.
Attitude is 99% of the battle. Our "minds" causes us to eat more than hunger or food. Get out some pencil and paper and start writing a gratitude list. One for each letter of the alphabet.
A= attitude.. positive attitude
B= Barbs fine example of "just do it"
C= chat
D,E,F, etc.
I know how hard it can be... the harder it is to do it... the MORE you need to do it. But the bottom line is... YOU CAN DO IT !!!
oh yes... I LOVED your Desiderata

Kat... I am not ready for summer to be over either. I am ready for the 100+ degrees to be over... but NOT SUMMER. This is the first year EVER I did not want summer to end. I think the pool has a lot to do with that. I swam for over an hour today. It felt good. Cold to start... but warmed up quickly.

Tina... thanks for the update on Connie. Now that you wrote it out... I remember NOW. Getting OLD SUCKS!!! I hate losing my memory. At least I know I have lost it... it is going to be bad when I don't know that I have forgotten. LOL
That was mighty sneaky of you with that donut story. I could just see you throwing those donuts everywhere.

Connie... here is a toast to you...
To a quick recovery... Bottoms up!!! ( sorry... I could not resist )

Okay... I have probably put a lot of you to sleep by now. LOL
It is time for me to call it a night.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

Today has to be a better day. Yesterday was just difficult all around. Must have been something in the air that made everyone nuts.

1. Traffic sucked on the commute to work. If you Easterners consider 25 miles a commute.

2. The external auditors have been dragging their feet on the audit report for our retirement plan. They finally got out there with a bunch of nitpicking changes that consumed my whole day on the phone with them and our actuary. Finally at 3 pm we have the last of the answers.

3. My boss said the audit report has to be published on Friday and then I realize that its Thursday already. Holy Sh**!

4. At 2:55, the bosses assistant, who is responsible for typing all the audit reports, proceeds to yell at me for sending over more changes just as she was ready to go home and all I wanted was for her to email the file to one of my accountants so he could make the changes. We're talking huffing and glaring like a blasted 3 year-old. It was all I could do to restrain myself and not tell her to quit acting like a damn baby.

5. We receive one last file for me to print, review and sign. It had errors so one more phone call to the auditors for him to fix it and resend. Then I can't find letterhead stationery. Then I spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to actually print on letterhead. First time, I had the paper in wrong. Then it printed on the letterhead on the subsequent pages. Fifteen minutes later, I realized that I only needed it for the first page.

6. I sign, I email files, I send it overnight, and I fax copies of the "final" reports so that we can have our audit opinion overnighted back to us today. I no more get back to my desk than the little audit guy is calling with more changes. At that point, I told him to come to the office this morning and he can observe the changes and no more phone calls.

7. Left work more than an hour late and in the heavy commute traffic home. I tried to chill on the way home knowing that it would take an hour to drive the 25 miles.

8. I get within 5 miles of home and am stopped at an intersection waiting for the light. Now, its a no right turn on red intersection and the lady behind me is honking her horn and waving her arms and yelling because I'm not turning right on red. She then proceeds to tailgate me because the 35 speed limit isn't fast enough. Then she passes on a double yellow line where there wasn't room for her and a car coming. She cuts in front of me and slams on her brakes so she wouldn't hit the car in front of me. She passed him on a curve and double line. If I only had a gun to shoot her tires out.

8. I decide to take a nice relaxing walk with the dog at 8:30 where its all dark and quiet and the stars shining and its cool. Oh so peaceful....until some jacka$$ has gunned his camaro and is doing at least 50 mph backwards down the street for about a 1/4 mile. So much for quiet suburbia.

At that point, bed is the only safe option.

So see, today has to be better!

Tina - Its so great to see you back in positive, jazzed up spirits. Hang in there! I liked the donut story too. Oh but the shame of donuts on the floor!

Barb - Good for you for hitting the treadmill after your trek home. I didn't have the energy to do the spinner after my day yesterday and for a change the dog was walking me last night.

Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by Terri in MO; 09-05-2003 at 07:44 AM.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:01 AM   #15  
You and Me in 2003

I'm off today and I'm going into the city. DH is coming home today from his business trip. Food is still terrible.
Closed Thread