Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 09:37 AM   #1  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Default JEWELS WITHIN #4, Come on In!!

THE JEWELS WITHIN

"There are jewels inside of you that if strung together would dazzle the world." Linda Knight

-------------------This thread was originally started by PheonixRising

Hello-
Welcome to the Jewels Within. We are just a group of ladies fighting a battle to uncover the jewel within ourselves. We share our thoughts, goals, success, failures and anything else on our minds. We welcome anyone who would like to join us. .

Here is how it works: On Sundays post your goal for the week. Any goal that is positive is a good goal to post. It doesn't even have to be directly weightloss related. (ie drinking your water, exercising, staying OP, doing daily devotions, finding daily time for yourself, etc.) Let us know how your doing through the week!!
We are here to encourage and help each other along.

We used to send e-cards when someone reached their goal, but for most giving up your email address is not comfortable and we will not be doing that anymore. We have a new system read the next post for more info on that.

We could really use some newbies around here, so please, come on in, tell us about yourselves and get ready to meet some fun people.

WELCOME!

Last edited by LKBAngel; 09-03-2003 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-03-2003, 10:42 AM   #2  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Smile New Reward System!

Hi everyone,

We may want to vote on wether or not to do this but I think since we are the Jewels Within it seems only fitting that we use a jewel system of reward.

How it would work:

For every 5 pounds we loose we earn a gem:

1. Ruby
2. Pearl
3. Sapphire
4. Emerald
5. Amethyst
6. Amber
7. Garnet
8. Opal
etc...

Everyone starts out with a chain or ring to place our "gems" on. If you lose 5 pounds pick out what gem you want to start with lose 5 more pounds and pick another gem, etc..

It doesn't have to be limited to the ones above but lets reserve the diamond for when we reach our ultimate weight loss goal!

Lets see how many stones we can earn.

Because like our motto says, once we have all these jewels strung together and earn our diamond "We will dazzle the world"

For instance, I just lost 10 pounds I would earn two gems. But I won't , this will only start if everyone agrees!!

I would chose:
Sapphire and Emerald

Then when I posted I could let everyone know what I earned like this: (or whatever way you feel suits you best)

Angel

sw: 230
cw: 220
gw: 175 (for now)
gems: sapphire,emerald

I hope I explained that well, let me know what you think.

Angel

Last edited by LKBAngel; 09-03-2003 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-03-2003, 10:55 AM   #3  

Hello All!
Wow we are starting a new thread! I remeber a couple of months ago when we were just struggling to stay on the first page! I am glad for all you newbies!

Well the scale was not as bad as I thought when I went back. I am hanging in here. I am TOM this week though so not expecting to much. We have two weeks until are fall rally for my TOPS group and I hope to at least meet my goal by then. I will then be called a KOPS. (keep off the pounds sensibly).

Well as for goals this week.
1. exercise at least 5 days.

I am so busy right now I don't want to commit to anything i know I will not do.

Angel the jewels idea sounds nice to me. I am not sure I quite got all the logistics but I will catch on. I don't think I have that much more to lose though. But I will enjoy seeing you all dazzle!

Beth
Old 09-03-2003, 03:22 PM   #4  

Update on goals. I have been stressing out about the scale. I managed to sched my appointment and get that straightened out so it's one less thing to worry about. My eating has be "ok" and I worked out last night. Phew!

I like the jewel idea! That's very, very cute. I wish they were real but hey, weight loss is better than real jewels anyway. I've lost 20 so I get 4! Let's see...

Peredot
Opal
Amber
Pearl

YAY!
Old 09-03-2003, 08:46 PM   #5  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Height: 5'10"

Doh..... i posted on the old thread.... im sorry.....

anyway here is my post.....

I'd like to join! I'm new here and am def. interested in motivation and losing weight. I hope I can remember to post on Sundays... my weeks are kind of hectic and by the time Sunday rolls around.. my brain is shot. lol.

Anyway heres a bit about me, I'm 20 years old, 5'9" and 209lbs. Im not happy about any of this. Im not any prescribed diet (ie-Atkins etc) but I have cut down my food intake. I've dieted on and off but late July i started again and I am still sticking to it. Infact my bf and I are both on diets and it helps that he's dieting too. (even though he isnt fat at all... :P) I've been eating less fatty foods and low calorie foods. I eat 1-2 times a day and dont over do it. I've sworn off soda, candybars etc. even french fries (ill have a FEW if my bf is having them..) and ESPECIALLY fast food.. a big no no. Now I have slipped up 1-2 times because I was out somewhere at a family BBQ.. but ive been going right back on the diet.

My goal is to be 135-140 give or take a few lbs. I just want to be happy and healthy and not so afraid of my body. Im so tired of not fitting into clothes or feeling good about myself. I know I have along way to go.. 70lbs at least.. but I think I can do it.. I want to do it more then anything.

Ive also been working out almost daily, usually for an hour. I'll either ride the workout bike or the walker (that exercises both arms and legs) and either life some light weights or ill do 30mins of Tae Bo with my video

But thats all about me really.... and I just want to say that I love this site!
Old 09-03-2003, 09:42 PM   #6  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Hi everyone,

xDas7x~~Welcome!! Its always great to have new people join us. Sounds like your trying hard, but you don't want to deprive yourself. Now-a-days its recommended that you eat 5-6 mini meals a day. Just eating one or two meals a day if there small may make your body think your starving and it will hold on to the fat instead of getting rid of it. Low fat and watching your calories is great, but don't deprive yourself of eating, there are some great recipes on this site they might help if your stuck for menu ideas. Sounds like your really ready to stick with it, thats GREAT!! Welcome Aboard!!!

~~I got my excercise in today. Rode my bike and walked (combined) 2 miles. Had to walk some its been so long since I rode it was taking its toll on me .

~~Drank my water, 100oz

justme, Good for you for getting your workout in!!

I guess thats about it for now,

Angel

sw: 230
cw: 220
gw: 175 (for now)

gems: emerald, sapphire
Old 09-04-2003, 10:01 AM   #7  

Good morning chickies. Welcome xDas! It's nice to have another gal join the group. We are getting to be pretty popular.

I must post that I did my workout last night despite the fact that I totally did not want to do it. Once I got started I was very happy that I did. That makes another hurdle overcome.

Weigh-in is tomorrow. I hope I've lost more this week. I just hope.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:20 AM   #8  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Talking

Hello Everyone!! Where is everbody?

justme~~Congrats on working out even though you may not have wanted too!! Thats when its most important to get up and get it done!!

Wanted to tell everyone that my honey paid me a great compliment yesterday.

Quote:
I could tell when I hugged you that you are starting to lose weight
That means its working!! and having someone actually say something is way better than what a scale says. Is it just me or don't people who see you everyday tend to be the last ones to notice the loss, I mean its usually someone outside (friend, other relatives that don't see you all the time) that are the first ones to say something. So to have my honey comment was pure GOLD!!

Planning on walking this afternoon, so I let everyone know how it goes.

Angel

gems:

Last edited by LKBAngel; 09-04-2003 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:38 PM   #9  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

Hi all, thank you for the warm welcome!

Well so far I've had a few meals today, breakfast i had maybe half a bowl of wheaties in skim milk.. i didnt like them too much.. they sorta tasted like soggy cardboard.. i know high on the carb scale.. but.. oh well. that was around 10am. Around 315 i came home and made myself a PBnJ sandwitch.. and im still sort of hungry.. i guess ill have to look at the recipies and see what more I can do...

I also sometimes have a weight watchers tv dinner.. which are really good. Now, if Im not mistaken (I prolly should read up on this) but isnt it that if you stay within 20 or so calories a day (i think it depends on your body type and person etc) that it will help you lose? I know some are around 5-6pts a peice and im thinking if I have a few of those a day that it might help too.

Anyway my goal is for 21 days (were still on that right?? ) to do at least 15 situps along with a few pushups a day (Im so weak.. i can do maybe 3-5...)

so here we go!!
Old 09-04-2003, 08:14 PM   #10  

Hi everyone!

xDas7x welcome! You'll enjoy everyone here. They are a great bunch of ladies!! It sounds like you are doing a great job getting your exercising in and are really watching your eating. Make sure you get enough calories to keep yourself going though!

Angel, the gem idea sounds good to me. You are doing a great job getting that water in - 100 oz.! Wow! I did get in my 64 oz. today but it was a real chore and I feel like I'm floating!!!

Beth, great job on almost achieving your goal. Do you just have a couple of pounds left?

Natalie, good job getting your workout in even when you didn't feel like it.

I have been getting my walking in and most days my toning exercises.

I guess the goals I will have to set for myself for this week (and next week) are:
1. Drink at least 64 oz. water everyday
2. Cut down on the snacking when I get home from work.

Everyone else I hope you are all doing okay.
Julie
Old 09-04-2003, 09:38 PM   #11  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Howdy All,

Julie, glad to here from you. Sounds like your keeping on track. WAY TO GO!!

xDas7x, there are a couple of good web sites to help you keep up with your fitness and eating goals. Here are a couple.

Fitday.com

calorieking.com

freeweightloss.com

about.com information on diets and fitness

freetrainers.com

myfitnesspage.com This one cost $25.00 a year, but has a free trial period.

You can find lots of information on any of them about weight loss. Happy Surfing

I didn't get my walk in today cause my honey wanted to go play with his friends, lol. But I can't complain hes been so helpful with the kids. I'm going to the weights again, so I'll still be exercising.
Still drinking my water so alls okay there. Just not much going on here to talk about so I guess thats it.

Until Tomorrow,
Angel

gems:

Last edited by LKBAngel; 09-04-2003 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:24 PM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

Smile Good Job Ladies!!!

Well, it is so fantastic to see the thread doing so well. (Thanks Angel for starting the new tread. I ya!) I also love the jewels idea, but Angel you are going to have to show the rest of us how to get the little jewels into our signature.

As for me, I'm still off program. Haven't even weighed in weeks. Plan to start fresh tomorrow. We still aren't completely moved, and I just finally got the phone line working. (It is rigged by the phone man until Monday.) Anyway, I should be back full force the beginning of next week. I'll see all of you then, and maybe some before then. Have a great weekend all.
Old 09-07-2003, 01:30 AM   #13  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Talking

Hey Howdy Hey All,

WHERE DID EVERYONE GO!!

Well, I've done okay for the week. I didn't do any exercise on Thursday and Friday , but I did get out for my walk today. I've been doing well on my water, so thats good. I did break down today and have a Diet Sprite, but only one, considering I use to drink a 12 pack a day I think I'm allowed that one, right?

Also, well, I had a couple of pieces of fried chicken. Just couldn't help myself. So I'm chalking it up to my one fat ladden allowance per week, which I just started , that way I don't have to feel guilty because it was part of my master plan!

Now for the good news....Drum Roll Pleassssssse..........

I lost another 2lbs!! Weighed myself this afternoon, I just couldn't wait until tomorrow. So I'm down to 218lbs!! 43# to go!!! (for now)

I just realized its Sunday already (12:23am), so I'm going to set my goals for this week:

1. Walk 5 days, Strength Training 3 days
2. Drink 100oz of water a day
3. This is kind of a month long challenge~~To be able to do at least 5 push-ups by the end of the month without straining.

Thats about it I guess, I sure hope everyone is doing well. Later,
Angel

gems: 1st 10lbs lost earned
working towards: Garnet (daughters birthstone)
Old 09-07-2003, 12:54 PM   #14  

Well I had a post typed out in the few minutes I had. Somehow it got erased. I will try and post later! Its crazy around here! But just wanted you all to know I am still around!

Beth
Old 09-07-2003, 01:17 PM   #15  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

Hi all!! Thanks again for the links!! I really appreciate it.

I did bad yesterday.. it was my bf's mothers bday and .. well we had ravioli and.. meat balls.. and i had a slice of cake.... i looked at the label.. itts was 300 cal and 150 were from fat and a serving was 1/25 of the cake.. im not sure how big it was but i think my slice was much bigger than that!@ aguuughh

oh well.. its a new week.. time to start again. my goals for this week

#1: drink at least 100oz of water per day/cutting out sugars etc from fruit drinks.

#2. lessen carb intake. i tried that fitday.com and found out that almost 1/2 of my intake is carbs.. its so hard.. when u like sub sandwiches.. and anything that has bread in it.... im not sure how to really cut down since most of the stuff i try toeat i try to keep low fat.. but whatever i choose that is low fat seems to be high carb.... *cries* any suggestions??

#3. keep up with my 21-day challange on 15 situps a day and 5 pushups.

#4. Do the exercise bike or walker for an hour a day.. ALL WEEK!
Closed Thread