South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 05:19 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat, Wednesday August 8

Good Morning

Kirk and I are headed over the Divide shortly. He has a PT appt in GWS at 7:15. I'm thinking that means I can be at the pool by 8:30. Mom and sis come over tomorrow so it will be a family affair.

My food choices were very poor last evening. Fortunately, I always rise with new resolve by checking in with you all every morning.

What's on your agenda today? Stop and say hi

Have a great and beachy day everyone!
Old 08-08-2012, 06:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning Debbie and all who follow

I was wide awake at 4 so got up to be productive. Our family charitable foundation is in the early stages of finding a new lawyer to run things and my mind was working out questions to ask candidates. I'd rather have been sleeping.

I am on a quest today for no-show panties that really live up to their name! Since I wear fitted exercise clothes to work and am so not a "thong" gal, I need to improve my "bottom line."

I'm also researching smart phones. DH just upgraded, although he's had smart ones for years, my dumb phone is more than 3 years old. I'll love the new features but hate the bigger size and heft. He got the new Samsung; he's very anti-apple. I might have to just go with the same thing since he's my tech support.

Okay, back to "work."
Old 08-08-2012, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! We're in a thick pea soup fog with showers expected all day. It sounds like a perfect day to curl up and read after I load up the dehydrator with another batch of tomatoes. Dare I admit I'm starting to get sick of tomatoes?

Karen, Vanity Fair makes a great no seam panty with invisible panty lines. I get mine at Kohls.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:02 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I made it to NY last night but was totally wiped out so laid low for the evening. Today is a new day and I'm ready to tackle it. It's a Mom shopping day. Looking forward to a relaxing day looking for bargains.

Debbie - I love your attitude. You are such an inspiration

Karen - I need a new smart phone too. I think I'm waiting for the new iPhone but am still researching. I already have an iPod Touch so basically know how to use it. That's a big motivator because I'm not good with phones. Would love to hear what you are discovering.

Zeff - congratulations!

Haircut this morning so I need to get moving. Happy Hump Day!

ETA - good morning Cottage

Last edited by CyndiM; 08-08-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL, Karen's post has got me laughing this am. I'm not sure any panty on me is a no-show (except those thong things) since I'm definately an pear kinda girl!

Lexiss - Great job at jumping right back on the wagon. We all have our moments.

Cottage - one of my tomato plants died, and the other had two tomatoes so far...both chomped on by ????. So, I'm just now getting tomatoes, and am not sick of them yet!

My DH's niece and I are dieting together, she's my accountability right now (she's young and could lose a bunch). I gotta say though...she does WW points while I do SBD...and all of hers is processed. Makes me proud that I take a bit more time and eat fresh foods....I feel so much better fueling my body that way!

Enjoy the day ladies!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 167/154/120

Height: 5' 1" (in the morning, LOL)

Wow everyone is up and posting. No work today. DD is doing a boot camp for middle school. It's really just an orientation, tips for doing well.

Yesterday was a 14 hr work day with travel. I ate dinner late and then had 3 ounces of cheese, then went to bed. I am paying for it today. Too much salt. The scale showed a bounce up. I'm going to skip my oatmeal this morning.

Karen
, please post about your phone search. I need a new one.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning so the topic of the day is no show panties and smart phones lol. I bought an I phone a few months ago and am quite pleased. I M not tech savy, but love that my IMac and iPad can share music, photos etc though the iCloud!

Now for the great panty debate! I am a Kohls girl too, heck I can walk there from my house. Barely there makes a great panty (hipster, bikini and others) that are truly comfortable, don't ride up and have no seams. I too have a thing against VPL. I do like hanky lanky things but that is thevonlynone I will buy. The others I've tried make you look like your sporting a wedgie!

Patio painted and I am feeling it today. Granted that is not stopping me from being a mason today. I am going to try to repair a small hole in the foundation. Last year something decided to use the space as it's burial site and make quite a stink in the house. I also want to repair a step to the patio that has a hole. While that hopefully sets I am going to paint the foundation. My reward is going to be a mani pedi on Friday.

Sunday my half sisters, my son and I are going to Foxwoods in CT to have brunch with my brother who lives in England. I am going to check their menu online to see if I can stay OP.

My exercise mojo has not been around despite the motivating Olympics. At least Inam keeping physically active by doing "man's work" around the house. Did I mention I bought a new toy this weekend? A pressure washer every girl's dream! Bot I have quite the dowry of tools if my prince ever shows up!

Have a great day
Old 08-08-2012, 08:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning! Yesterday's busy running around day turned out to be a day chained to my PC doing tech support! It was crazy. I managed to snag a little time to go virtual dress shopping for my nephew's wedding. I may wind up making my dress to get just what I want, but I want to go out and look some too.
But - here's the fine line where support can turn into pressure. Both my husband and mother made comments about maybe waiting because I should lose some more weight first. My husband's comment was a bit more positive, but included "you stopped running!". My mom's was just her standard "it's not how you look, it's about your health (but I really think you look too fat) line. Aaaargh. Oh - this thread isn't called Whining Wednesday?
I'm going to wrap up here and do some sort of workout.
Moon I hate those 12 hour days. They usually involve no food while I'm working, followed by a ravenous evening. Yours sounds the same - sorry!
Twynn I agree about the whole foods thing. I eat almost nothing that comes out of a box anymore. Frozen vegetables are about as processed as I get these days!
Debbie You can do it! Let's designate today a Good Choice Day!
Everyone else - I keep scrolling up to comment on your posts, and that means I'm procrastinating! Have a good day all!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #9  

Jennifer - you and I were posting at the same time. Love the Power Washer post! But then again, I swear I love power tools more than my husband - haha.
And where does your brother live in England?
Cate

Last edited by CatMat; 08-08-2012 at 08:03 AM. Reason: addition
Old 08-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Cate as my mom says I definitely don't need a man in my life lol! I remember my first post divorce big purchase was a snow blower. LOVE it and what is even better my neighbor uses it too. He does mybdriveway for me when i am at wirk. We had a blizzard one year and i got stranded in NYC. No complaints as my job put me up in the Helmsley hotel. When i finally got back, my work partner shoveled out my car at the train station and my neighbor had cleared my driveway. I will always be greatful for that.

My brother lives in Manchester and is "in the states" to speak at a conference. I could write a book about him and it might even compete with 50 Shades of Grey!

Last edited by jekel383; 08-08-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #11  

Jennifer - my daughter is currently living in Swindon, and working on a dig in London. She's moving back to Sheffield in September to continue her studies at the University there. Just a hop away!
Closed Thread