Height: 5'4"

Default Simply filling/Core Chat: Aug 7- Aug 13

New pages.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

The rain fizzled out.

We had dramatic storms last night too...all noise and light, no rain. Texas.

Yesterday was the one- month mark for my foot surgery. It has hurt more and longer than I ever anticipated. But, to be fair, the podiatrist did say 6 weeks. Tap practice started agin this morning. I was going to go watch, but decided not to go because there is long flight of stairs to the practice hall--no elevator.

I would say don't ever have foot surgery unless it is required, which mine was. There is a woman at my church who is having extensive foot surgery. Her foot is in an S shape from rheumatoid arthritis. OUCH.

I've been back in control of my eating for a good week now...and it feels good.

We're getting the piano tuned next week.

Last edited by Tejas; 08-07-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I have had a couple of foot surgeries. I remember my first taking what seemed like forever to heal. My podiatrist said I gave him gray hair. I kept wanting out of "the shoe." Congratulations on being back on program this past week. That's great.

I went to ww this morning and was up 4 lbs. I'm dusted and back op. I'm going to get off here and have some watermelon now. Catch you later.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:03 PM   #4  

I hope I never have to do anything like this again. It's not just the foot; it's the whole body that hurts...like you've been hit all over with something.

Another good food day.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Three pounds off using some of the principles of the Leptin Resistance Diet.

Our school still holding out for more money, and we are home. It has been a very interesting process to watch. In the last five years, our student population has increased while funding from our county has decreased. It is amazing to me that the commissioners cannot see that they need to do something. You can't feed a family of five the same food you can feed a family of three on the same grocery budget, how do they think the school system does not need an increase? Something to note: our student scores are some of the highest in the state! Ok off my soap box.

Rhonda, I'm sorry you are still so uncomfortable. It really does take a long time to recover from surgery on the bones and their surrounding tissues. Hang in there!

Sandra, good for you on getting back to it. Watermelon sounds good!

Hey to the rest of you chickies! Have a great day, y'all
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #6  

good morning chickies.

Sloan, hope the kiddies can get back into school soon. Just think, this extra time home gives you time to clean the hoarder room, lol.

Rhonda, I am surprised it's taking so long for your foot to heal. I had a tibial osteotomy (look it up) and I was on crutches and in a brace for over 3 months. The pain was really bad and I would never do it again. Worse pain I ever had. But, I do have to say it was successful.

Sandra, I am not liking BB right now. Danielle is nuts.

I got my fabric yesterday. I ordered it on Saturday. They shipped on Monday and I got it in one day. It's a geometric pattern, so will be easy to cut for sewing. They sent it on the bolt, so I hope they didn't short me. I ordered 11 yds.

Have a good day.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #7  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I'm back again,just had a busy Tuesday.Today I'm resting for another exciting Thursday with Rita going via bus to Hyannis, to explore the Kennedy area. Once we get out there[1hr] we will figure out what restaurant we will go to for lunch.

We want to get away from the CROWDS as this weekend we are have a flea market at St Patrick's on Fri, than a walk race on Saturday following with a big ROAD RACE on Sunday. TG I'm heading North on Sunday to meet the Medjugori tour friends for a reunion. After the race the tourist seem to dwindle a bit as lots of college kids have to go back to school,and than summer is over for a while and than the September Foliage crowd come up to see the leaves change.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages,sorry your foot is still hurting I guess it going to take a while. By all means don't start tapping again until the doctor tells you its ok to do so. I called my podiatrist today but he not in on Wed so I have to call tomorrow to make an appointment to have my nails clipped.

SANDRA-Its been a hot and bad summer with all this heat I have a feeling it just water retention,and you lose it again.

SLOAN-Congrats on your 3 lb loss. In my opinion I think people are getting tired of paying high taxes for the schools when the kids are not learning. In NY we had more staff than kids and they were paid high salary's. and I think that the same up her in Ma.

PAM -Good luck in your sewing project. I not a sewer so I have npt idea a a bolt of material is from a reg material.

Have to go and start dinner have a great day.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I guess you should try to enjoy your time off. Can ya'll think of this as bad weather days?

Rhonda, I just called Braum's. They are open till 11:30 Sat night. How about we meet there when ya'll can? Curtis and I would really like to get away from home a bit, and we can have our weekly hot fudge sundae or something. What do you think?

Maryann, I wish it were water retention. I earned those 4 lbs. I even made Paula Deen's Peach Cobbler and ate my share.

We just got home from Ft. Worth. Curtis had PT then we ran some errands. I am sooooooo tired of hearing complaints about my driving. And my parking! Thank goodness he's doing most of the driving around here. I have bitten my lip almost in two trying not to fuss. Life goes on.

Pam, I think Danielle's nuts, too. She should have put up Mike instead of Will. Oh, well.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

I got hacked on FB by someone saying I'd lost 18 lbs using HCG. Now why couldn't I have been hacked by someone claiming I was Miss America?
Old 08-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #10  

Sandra, I get the live feeds, so you will be shocked after tonights show. I didn't want to tell any spoilers, wasn't sure if you read them or not.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

Thank you, Pam. I've been staying away from that spoiler website. And I won't see tonight's till tomorrow afternoon online. I haven't been watching it on TV.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #12  

The worst pain I have ever had is shingles. It didn't last long, but it was horrid. I thought I was dying. The second time I had it, I knew what it was and was not so scared.

I know about tibial osteotomy, Pam. I would be fit to be tied with three months of crutches and non-movement and pain. My affliction will be over soon--he said 6 weeks, and that's just 2 more weeks. I've never heard anyone say they would have hip, leg, knee or foot surgery a second time It's got to related to the non-movement and having to take such care about weight bearing. And, then when you can move, everything is out of kilter for a long time. I've known people who have had heart surgery with less pain.No wonder they have to shoot horses most of the time.

Sloan, the Texas school system is bonkers, stark raving mad, but I've never heard of what you're going through. I hope it ends soon and that the students are NOT penalized for credits.

Maryann, you're really traveling around now. I hope you have fun. I've never been to Hyannis, but have seen it from the water on the cruise we took last year.

Hacked on FB? How does that happen, Miss America?

Braum's would be good, Sandra. We'll have to call you to find out where it is. I'll bop Curtis on the head Doyle doesn't complain, much. He prefers for me to drive, and so do I. I'm not doing much now and I just sit in the back seat with my leg propped up when we go far.

I had a pretty good food day.

Last edited by Tejas; 08-09-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: added "NOT"
Old 08-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #13  

Have a long list from the stager that the realty company sent..
Does it ever end..I have been cleaning out for almost a year and a half and I still feel like I don't see the bottom of this stuff..
Maybe I can rent a storage unit if it sells and store it as I sort so I dont move this stuff to another place..My visable space is clutter free but the attic,sheds & closets have stuff to sort still.
My step daughter wants to have a yard sale Sat so for 2 days I am pulling out as much as possible..

Everyone is staying so busy...Sandra..now I want to look up HCG diet
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #14  

Good luck with the work, Nancy. I spent just about 2 years cleaning out a lifetime of stuff before I retired and sold my home. It is just very simply a tough job. But, boy did I feel better after it was done.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #15  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, Braum's is on Henderson just a little past the football stadium. Same side of Henderson as the stadium.

I'm sorry for your pain. Curtis was in a great deal yesterday, too. I think that's why he was grouchy with my driving. I am glad he's doing most of the driving. I am much happier being the co-pilot.

Nancy, it'll be over soon. Hang in there.

Vickie, Sloan, Jackie, and Maryann,

Have a great day, everyone. Keep cool and do what you need to do to get where you want.