Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 06:07 AM   #1  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default IP daily chat, Monday! August 06, 2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 08-06-2012, 06:08 AM   #2  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Good morning Peeps! I hope this is a great week for all of us.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:23 AM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Monday!!!

Hoping everyone's week starts off well! Hubby and I both conked out early last night (we're usually night owls but were both out cold before 11pm), and the littlest climbed into bed with us around 4 this morning. He tends to poke me in the nose when he sleeps, so I was wide awake at 6:30 and am now enjoying a hot cup of black coffee with ABSOLUTE SILENCE in the house The chores didn't get finished last night but the sleep was SO worth it! Actually thinking about going for a little walk before the house starts waking up
Old 08-06-2012, 07:58 AM   #4  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Iwas wide awake at 6:30 and am now enjoying a hot cup of black coffee with ABSOLUTE SILENCE in the house
That's what I'm doing right now! My kids go back to school on Wednesday, so my early mornings will be filled with chaos and whining!

Well, it's WI day for me. I have a new coach, mine left my clinic. She's been sitting in on my WIs for the last two weeks and seems very nice.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #5  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Good morning everyone. Just a word of advice, eat your veggies!!! I usually have a hard time eating right on the weekends, like I'm sure some of you do too. I've been stuck on 157.4 lbs all weekend. But, when thinking of what I've eaten, I remember that I had not eaten any veggies. I guess this should be a bonk on my head telling me how important they really are.

Today is a new week though. I want to be in the 140s by the middle of next week.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #6  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning all, I didn't get to check in on the threads at all this weekend, it was a busy one. Hope everyone had a great one. I have also been glued to the TV watching the olympics. USA is kicking major butt! Love it. Have a great day all. BTW Vet it is good to see you back from your trip with your son.

Last edited by shathom; 08-06-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #7  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
Good morning everyone. Just a word of advice, eat your veggies!!! I usually have a hard time eating right on the weekends, like I'm sure some of you do too. I've been stuck on 157.4 lbs all weekend. But, when thinking of what I've eaten, I remember that I had not eaten any veggies. I guess this should be a bonk on my head telling me how important they really are.

Today is a new week though. I want to be in the 140s by the middle of next week.
No veggies? For shame! You are right. Everything on the protocol sheet is important and contributes our success. Saturday we ate out for lunch. I had a grilled shrimp salad that consisted of shrimp and lettuce w/ a couple of slices of purple onion. So, I ate my 4 cups of veggies for dinner. It took forever to eat, but I got those buggers in. I eat most of my veggies raw, so there was a huge pile on my plate.

Last night I had roasted okra. Two cups measured raw isn't too daunting when you roast it.

Good luck to you on getting to the 140s. I'm sure you'll get there!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #8  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
No veggies? For shame!

Good luck to you on getting to the 140s. I'm sure you'll get there!
This is exactly what I needed to hear. Slight tender whoop and motivation.

NSV? I have gotten a couple of people onto IP. I wish they had a Bring A Friend discount. After one of my friends starts this week, that will be 3 I've brought into the program. It makes me feel really good when people are really interested to hear about this program.

Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Happy Monday. to our Canadian friends - I know its a holiday for you - hope you are enjoying it!

Completely agree about the weekends - I have a hard time as well - not really hard - I'm just so busy I forget to eat!

I'm stuck at 146.x...today it's 146.6... and want to break through 145 before my weigh in on Thursday. Have to be super duper focused this week! water veggies water veggies!

I hope everyone has a great day.

Renee
Old 08-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Morning peeps! Had a busy weekend. WI was 1.5 pounds. Not much but going the correct direction anyway. SLOWLY! But clothes continuing to "grow" as I shrink. Bit by bit. I hopped on the home scale this AM. It says I am exactly 20 from goal. Need to update my ticker, and get the clinic scale to agree with the home scale!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #11  
Began IP 3-29-2012

I meant to post this here but posted in yesterday's thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Oh and a list of NSVs from camp last week, too many to list but here are a few.

I pulled the ladder out if the dock last year on day one after my swim test, freaking horrified me and hurt. No problem this year and I swam several times a day. We started each day with the Polar Bear Swim at 0630, brrrrr. We walked every where, that used to be my biggest everyday issue. The walk to the dining hall was half a mile each way and required a slow pace and three or four stops along the way. Not this year! Whoooooo Hoooooo. One of the other dads noticed and so did many of the staff which was a great feeling.

The biggest accomplishment for me was a three mile hike with Jack and the other Webelo II's. My knees hurt for days but I had no problem keeping up with the ten and eleven year olds.

This was my reward, a photo with Jack.

The view was nice too.

And NSV this morning. My wife initiated cookie baking, whoo hoo! What a way to start the day!

Old 08-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #12  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! This was a busy weekend for me. Helped my sister paint her new place all weekend. I'm glad to be at work and to just sit at my desk most of the day.

My house is a mess since I wasnt there to do the weekend cleaning. I mistakenly thought my husband would do some cleaning while I was out of the house. I didn't actually ask him to do chores, so nothing happened.

I stayed on plan though! My house may be a mess, but I am 2 lbs lighter this week!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #13  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!! I am back from camping, Thank goodness!!
I am so burnt its not even funny. It hurts to move my arms up and down. It's terrible.

We had a good time up until Saturday night. We went eat at a seafood buffet and I pretty much lost it. I started off good, eating just boiled shrimp, but that didnt last long. So I am confessing here, I CHEATED! I felt so bad after, emotionally and physically. I literally felt sick to my stomach and I sure do not miss that feeling at all. I never want to feel that way again, so lesson learned. I am back being OP 100%. Hopefully the scale tomorrow is not THAT mean to me.

I, too, have the same problem on the weekends. My problem is that I wait too long to eat between meals. Like I will go 6-7 hours without eating then try to get in all my food at one time and that is hard. I am still working on that.

hope you all have an OP day. I wish I could go hide in a corner and go to sleep.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
That's what I'm doing right now! My kids go back to school on Wednesday, so my early mornings will be filled with chaos and whining!

Well, it's WI day for me. I have a new coach, mine left my clinic. She's been sitting in on my WIs for the last two weeks and seems very nice.
What?? Back to school already! Oh my! We don't start until the end of the month... thank goodness. (Note to self... get off your a$$ and start that curriculum work you've been putting off. lol)
Good luck with your new coach. I don't think I'll go back to my clinic when I do my reboot. Mine just didn't really seem to care. When I hit goal she never even suggested coming back to check in... she was like "See ya, have a nice life." Oh well, I hope you have better luck.

Quote:

I know it gets tough when the scale stalls... but hold the course, you'll get there. I also had trouble getting all my veggies in as I only really like a few of them, but then I tried the adding spinach to my night time chocolate shake. No one could have been more skeptical about the taste and texture than me, but truly you can't even taste it. Have you tried it yet? Good luck with the 140's... you'll get there!

Quote:
NSV? I have gotten a couple of people onto IP. I wish they had a Bring A Friend discount. After one of my friends starts this week, that will be 3 I've brought into the program. It makes me feel really good when people are really interested to hear about this program.
Have you asked at your clinic? I know that many give you a free box of product for each new enrollee. It's certainly worth mentioning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Morning peeps! Had a busy weekend. WI was 1.5 pounds. Not much but going the correct direction anyway. SLOWLY! But clothes continuing to "grow" as I shrink. Bit by bit. I hopped on the home scale this AM. It says I am exactly 20 from goal. Need to update my ticker, and get the clinic scale to agree with the home scale!
Hang in there... You've been doing a great job with the program. As you get closer to goal, it comes off s l o w e r..... Slow and steady wins the race!

[B]VET!! Welcome back! [B] Great pics! I loved going to GS camp with my baby.... enjoy every day. Before you know it he'll be off to college. Sounds like your wife missed you! You asked for a pic in my 'little black dress' from the wedding last weekend.... I've been waiting for your return to post it.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Usmcvet-- congrats on reaching the half-way point of your amazing weight loss journey! Sounds like the camp week with your soon was a great success!!
Closed Thread