Old 08-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #1  
2Hot2BFat

S/C/G: 368/344/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Hello fellow IPers!

Hello Everyone! I'm on my 4th day of IP (I started Wednesday and I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 7 pounds). I'm glad about the weight loss but since I feel like I'm practically not eating anything it's not a surprise that I've lost 7 pounds. Also, the fact that I have so much to lose is probably the reason I've already lost so much. I lost 17 pounds before going on IP and I just wanted a program that would be relatively fast.
I'm sorry if this post is kind of a downer. I'm just so pissed at myself for letting myself get to 300+ pounds!!! I wish I had done something 50, or 100 pounds ago.

I can't imagine doing this program long-term. Granted, I haven't explored the many recipes I've seen posted on 3FC, so I'm hopeful I can stick with it! Thanks for reading, my whining is over. :-)
Megan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #2  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan33 View Post
Hello Everyone! I'm on my 4th day of IP (I started Wednesday and I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 7 pounds). I'm glad about the weight loss but since I feel like I'm practically not eating anything it's not a surprise that I've lost 7 pounds. Also, the fact that I have so much to lose is probably the reason I've already lost so much. I lost 17 pounds before going on IP and I just wanted a program that would be relatively fast.
I'm sorry if this post is kind of a downer. I'm just so pissed at myself for letting myself get to 300+ pounds!!! I wish I had done something 50, or 100 pounds ago.

I can't imagine doing this program long-term. Granted, I haven't explored the many recipes I've seen posted on 3FC, so I'm hopeful I can stick with it! Thanks for reading, my whining is over. :-)
welcome...i can really relate to what you said about doing this long term....maybe you can do like i did...i decided when i started to commit to 10 weeks....then evaluate the results and determine it i could do it another 10 weeks. Well, my first 10 weeks came and i was happy with my results...try to remind yourself, its not just about losing weight, its about re-training your pancreas to work properly...so now i am making a new commitment to 10 more weeks and will again, evaluate it at that time. hope that helps a little.

please come post often to let us know your progress...and omg...look at how close you are to just getting rid of that 3 forever....and be in the 200's!! YOU CAN DO IT!! and we are all here to help in any way we can
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

Yay more people from Massachusetts! What part are you from?

You have gotten through the first 4 days, that is a HUGE accomplishment. I am on day 10, the first 4 were the toughest but your body has to adjust to a new way of operating. Read these forums, soak in the info, post whenever you feel like giving up - the folks here are unbelievably encouraging and helpful. YOU CAN DO IT! YOU ARE WORTH IT!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Yeah, I thought it would be pretty hard and sometimes it definitely is. I read about people being "not hungry" but i laughed it off and thought they must be crazy.

Turns out I'm crazy too! The past couple mornings I have not been hungry, like at all. I had to coax myself into at least having one of the drinks. Nuts! I am very happy, my stomach and body is getting a new start on life :-)
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #5  

Quote:

Hi Megan, welcome!

I feel like I'm practically not eating anything

Recipes help with that...adding veggies to soups, shakes, and making "pancakes" has helped me a LOT! Of course when you're (I was) used to eating anything anytime you want, it is a HUGE change

I'm just so pissed at myself...I wish I had done something 50, or 100 pounds ago.
I feel ya there! I lost 100 on Atkins and gained almost all of it back. How did I let that happen??? Doesn't matter now. Today I'm in charge of today.

I can't imagine doing this program long-term.
I can't either, but I don't have to. Only until I lose my weight & then I can move off of Phase 1 and no longer be overweight!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 296/248/175

Height: 5' 10"

Smile I feel your pain!

Yup, feel the same way! (Wiping tears) But I ain't going back! (Sniff!) Your preaching to the choir... Can I get an amen!

It'll be all worth it! We're just a walking biochemistry set. Who knew chemicals and hormones could hurt so bad. Right?

Can't wait for my scrubs to fit better, my jean sizes to get smaller, and my health to get better.

Feels like a movie, How to Train Your Pancreas.

Stay pure!
THX1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #7  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Hang in there! The first week was a little rough for me. Not sure if I was really hungry or just used to eating more - some if it is in my head for sure! I did use 4 IP packets each day for the first week.

Now, almost 3 weeks into it, I don't feel hungry. I've also been experimenting with recipes from this site and others, which makes the food more interesting.

Had a wonderful dinner last night - sea bass marinated in tamari, olive oil, and garlic; spinach salad with yellow peppers, green onions, and olive oil/cider vinegar/splenda dressing; fauxtatoes made with caluiflower, IP chicken soup, and garlic. Yum!!!!

Right now, I can imagine doing this for as long as it takes!

You can do it!!
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #8  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

You can DO IT! Just give it some time. Be adventurous with your selection and preparations of foods.

I have to admit I have mental blinders on and never think of myself as the true weight that I am. Even today I'm in denial that these "few" (yep 55 of them) pounds to get into the 200's are just pre-diet of where I am supposed to start my diet. I know - omg - it's like I'm shunning these pounds - they don't exist still in my mind. I see them in photos or the mirror - but not day to day as I go about my day. They are really here (for a few more weeks at any rate and as of this morning there are 32 less of them in a bit over 5 weeks) but rather than dwell on them or even try and kick myself for allowing them to happen, I'll just get thru them and move on down the scale.

Setting mini goals (obviously getting under 300 is my main mini-goal) really helps. I can't wrap my head around the whole big picture - yet I have tracked out if I lost 2 lbs a week (I'm loosing much faster than that now, but towards the end I suspect it will be slower)- with each weekly weigh in date going forward to when I'm at my goal- what will I weigh by my birthday, or by New Years, etc. It is the belief in this program that if I stay 100% OP I will have that goal by those dates. I should have my <300 by my birthday or very near that date :-)

We can do it!

Barb

Last edited by Halfagain; 08-05-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Halfagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #9  
Back to the old me :)

S/C/G: 138.4/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6 1/2

Congrats, Megan! I'm on my 2nd IP day and want to lose the pounds quickly, too. The fact that you've lost that much already must be encouraging to you and everyone else in this forum.

Haven't had a "bad" day yet but I've barely begun.

Hang in there and we're here for you.
aliceinseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
You can DO IT! Just give it some time. Be adventurous with your selection and preparations of foods.

I have to admit I have mental blinders on and never think of myself as the true weight that I am. Even today I'm in denial that these "few" (yep 55 of them) pounds to get into the 200's are just pre-diet of where I am supposed to start my diet. I know - omg - it's like I'm shunning these pounds - they don't exist still in my mind. I see them in photos or the mirror - but not day to day as I go about my day. They are really here (for a few more weeks at any rate and as of this morning there are 32 less of them in a bit over 5 weeks) but rather than dwell on them or even try and kick myself for allowing them to happen, I'll just get thru them and move on down the scale.

Setting mini goals (obviously getting under 300 is my main mini-goal) really helps. I can't wrap my head around the whole big picture - yet I have tracked out if I lost 2 lbs a week (I'm loosing much faster than that now, but towards the end I suspect it will be slower)- with each weekly weigh in date going forward to when I'm at my goal- what will I weigh by my birthday, or by New Years, etc. It is the belief in this program that if I stay 100% OP I will have that goal by those dates. I should have my <300 by my birthday or very near that date :-)

We can do it!

Barb
very well said!

Lots of good input here. I did IP last year for 5 months, lost 32 lbs and have gained about 20 back. I have yet to get through a week of restart and I was so good the first time around. I agree with if you get through the first 4-7 days you are good to go! I just haven't made it past 3 days this time around. Starting again tomorrow, keep your fingers crossed for me Good luck to everyone on your journey!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #11  
2Hot2BFat

S/C/G: 368/344/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Thanks everyone!! Woot woot for us! Scorbett, I'm near Worcester, where are you?

Can someone answer a question: can we have canned tuna? And if we can, how do you guys prepare it?

Thanks for the info and support!!

-Megan
Megan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #12  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Thanks everyone!! Woot woot for us! Scorbett, I'm near Worcester, where are you?

Can someone answer a question: can we have canned tuna? And if we can, how do you guys prepare it?

Thanks for the info and support!!

-Megan
I'm in New Bedford, on the SouthCoast. One of my best friends lived in Sterling for quite a few years, up your way! Yay more MA folks!

RE: the tuna, it's not on any "bad" list that I have, but I'd get the 5oz can packed in water. Perfect portion, and no extra fat to worry about! Sodium content is not as much of an issue in phase 1, we actually NEED a lot of sodium to replace what we're eliminating with all the water.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 100 to lose

Height: 6'2"

Hi! I started the same day as you. My first few days were tough (day 3 was the worst for hunger & terrible headaches), but I'm starting to finally feel human again Today was rough. We went to my ILs', and they had all kinds of forbidden favorites, from carb-heavy apps to cake. Oy! I figured that if I could survive that, I can survive anything. And I did! I'm taking it a day at a time, hoping that it continues to get easier as my body adjusts.
DaisyLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #14  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyLA View Post
Hi! I started the same day as you. My first few days were tough (day 3 was the worst for hunger & terrible headaches), but I'm starting to finally feel human again Today was rough. We went to my ILs', and they had all kinds of forbidden favorites, from carb-heavy apps to cake. Oy! I figured that if I could survive that, I can survive anything. And I did! I'm taking it a day at a time, hoping that it continues to get easier as my body adjusts.
Awesome job! I had one of those days too, it feels so good to know you faced the temptation and emerged victorious!
Old 08-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 100 to lose

Height: 6'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Awesome job! I had one of those days too, it feels so good to know you faced the temptation and emerged victorious!
Doesn't it? Great job! I kept imagining the bikini I want to wear next summer. haha. Whatever works, right?
DaisyLA is offline   Reply With Quote