Old 07-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #1  
It is what it is...

Default The Onederland Express - Hop on here ! #7

Welcome to our new thread !!!!!

Anyone trying to get in to Onederland is welcome, come join us !!!

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #2  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls ....hope you all had a good week, and I have to say TGIF !!!!

Long week for me with my TOM and all ...still having that by the by, haha

Just want the work day to go by fast so I can get home to my comfortable clothes and my couch

Here is what I had yesterday:

breakfast: poptarts ( 1 1/2 ) not a good choice on my part but within my calories, just no nutritional value
Lunch - 2 fresco tacos ( yes Taco Bell again, been forgetting to bring my lunch to work )
Afternoon Snack - baked bbq Lays
Dinner - mexican casserole I made, turned out yummy, and it was low calorie
PM Snack - Pringles

Wow, now that I am looking at what I ate I didn't make very good choices yesterday on breakfasts and snacks ...like I said I was within calories but just need to do better, and I will today !!!

See ya girls, have a great weekend if I don't get back on here.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #3  
It is what it is...

Well girls I know that both of you are gone on vacations I believe, or a mini vacation, so hope you are having a good time.

I finally got up enough courage to step on the scales yesterday and I was back at 198 ( even on TOM ), so I was very happy about that ...now I can get back to the business of losing a couple of lbs a week.

Hope you guys are having a good time.

Carri
Old 07-31-2012, 10:13 AM   #4  
It is what it is...

Any lurkers who wanna join in? I am alone this week lol ....

Okay so here is what I had to eat yesterday:

Breakfast - thomas 100 cal english muffin and 1 T peanut butter
Lunch - Sara Lee Turkey on Wonder Smart White bread with slice of pepper jack cheese and serving of cottage cheese
Afternoon snack - 2 deviled eggs, and 15 CheezIt's
Dinner - 1 1/2 cups of beef stir fry
Evening Snack - bowl of lucky charms and Lactaid Milk

Have a great day all !!!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #5  
It is what it is...

Morning everyone….I am feeling really bloated and swollen today …I had a bunch of salt yesterday, seemed like everything I ate all day was bad choices as far as sodium wise …dinner was really salty, and then I made homemade tortilla chips and salted them before going in oven and after …needless to say I was almost a whole lb up this morning …I will really be drinking a lot of water today to flush it all out I guess.

Susie – saw on fb that you got home safely, glad you had a fun trip…now back to business haha

Dee – Hi !! Hope you are having a great time.

I am really trying to work to get to my next goal of 188 ….it will be awesome for two reasons ( think I have said this before but it bears ( ?? ) repeating lol ) – first it will be an even 50lbs off which sounds pretty impressive, and secondly I haven’t been in the 180’s for like 10 years !!!!!!!!!!!! So it will be a HUGE accomplishment for me …and to think I am only 10 lbs away from it is VERY exciting !!!!! But eating high sodium items is not going to get me there anytime soon lol

You guys been watching the Olympics? I have, I love them…I only start watching them every night in prime time ( around 8 ), love to watch the gymnastics and swimming …the diving has been interesting to watch as well …dh was an awesome swimmer back in the day and he still has records from the early 90’s at our high school for the butterfly and back stroke …he was awesome at the butterfly, and still is …he did it the other day at a friends pool ….needless to say I was a little turned on, hahahahaha!!!

Okay, I have said enough …better go ……

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

I'm back!!!

We had such a great time and Mackinac Island is beautiful! We also enjoyed our time in Mackinaw City.

I would have liked to have had one more day to go see the lighthouses in the area but we wanted to have a day at home before returning to work tomorrow.

I did a lot of walking during our mini vacation and while there was a lot of fudge EVERYWHERE, I have one piece that I bought for me and I have had had 1/4 of it.

I actually had some sort of 24 hr stomach bug that started on Monday night and I didn't want to eat anything at all or I was in the bathroom if I did! I wanted to be able to enjoy our last evening in Mackinaw City so I just sipped on ginerale and had some of DH's mashed potatoes when we went out to dinner. I was disappointed because there was a place that had geleto and I so wanted some of that but I didn't dare! I just told myself that vacation wasn't about food but about seeing different things and experiencing them as well.

Carri: Thanks for holding down the fort here! and for starting our new thread.

You are doing well with maintaining and staying below 200 lbs and I know you can get to the 180's.

Can you share the mexican casserole recipie? I saw your pictures of it on FB and it looked tasty. I'm sure it has meat in it but I bet I can make it without it and it will still be tasty.

I am watching the Olympics in the evening and I also enjoy the swimming and gymnastics. I was so proud to see both teams take home the gold last night.

Dee: We can't wait until you get back from vacation!

Anyone that is lurking, we would love for you to join us here so we can all help each other get to ONEderland or maintain residence here.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #7  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

we're driving home & I'm on my cell right now. I've been replying to e-mails w my cell during the past 5 days on vaca so I'm not blasted when we get home.

I was here the day we left & I posted, I hope u both read my note to you. I deleted my post 2 days later from my cell after Carri did a post; because I had wrote about Susie's vaca & I didn't want to b responsible for a 'crazy' robbing her home while she was gone. You never know which friends that u know, are genuinely trust-worthy now days.

We had a blast, we Luv camping & driving the sand-dunes for one vaca every summer.

We have a 21" LCD we take camping & we watched the Olympics as well as my reality shows @ night when we're not @ the beach. I've loved watching the synchronised diving events w the slow-motion replays of how they can duplicate every move Soo amazing. While I was packing this morning to come home, I saw 'Kelly Live' & Drew Lashea's brother Nick was there & he said that Drew was a gymnist in high school & that helped him win DWTS w Cheryl B. the 2nd season....Gotta admire & respect the guys that take great care of their bodies

Carri, it soo awesome that dh is a competitive swimmer. My fav stroke I do the best r back-stroke, breast-stroke & side-stroke is soo relaxing. I have a question for u to ask your dh for me: I'm 'right-handed' & it's easy for me to do the side-stroke laying on my 'left side'; but when I lay on my right side it's hard, I struggle to get a rhythm going..So please ask dh what's up & how do I learn on my right side to keep my strokes smooth, like I can on my left side. How about posting that Mexican casserole recipe Susie mentioned, I'm always ready for yummy food.

Susie I'm so happy that u enjoyed most of your vaca. Soo sorry about the indigestion bug, etc. something I think we should ask our doc's about when we travel, to put inside a first-aid kit w us. You have awesome Willpower not eating the fudge, Congrat's We're having our annual tops picnic tomorrow so when we get home I'll make a big salad from my garden & bake a pineapple upside down cake in my cupcake pan so the portions r ready to eat, plus they're small.

We're pulling into McD. for a hotfudge sundae (low cal. because so much air is whipped into it) my dh eats 2.

I'll b back later this week, enjoy our beautiful summer cause fall is sneaking up soon.

I'm veryyyy proud of u Carri & Susie Portion Control is long term & healthy & the only guarantee'd way to keep-off the fat pds . Diets r just a temporary fix & that's why we all back-slide/fail & regain the pds
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #8  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies …had an NSV this morning, got in to a pair of work pants ( that I have always loved ) this morning that I haven’t worn in like 5 years…and my friend here says to me ( unprompted ) “why do your legs look so skinny in those pants??” …made me feel really good today. And they are even lose and already probably too big …that is the ying and yang of this whole thing …yeah you are losing weight and feeling good, but then just as you get into a piece of clothing you have been working towards getting into , it starts to become too big really fast …I guess it’s a great problem to have but also a little annoying since I don’t have a lot of money to be buying new clothes just to wear for spurts. Anyway, tooted my own horn long enough so now what about you girls?

Dee – so glad you had such a good time. I am just like you, I am very paranoid about what I put on the internet …I have heard too many bad stories…so I never post when we are on vacation or not home – or even if I am going to be home alone…you just never know anymore…also dh “was” a competitive swimmer, he hasn’t done that since high school, but he is still just a great swimmer…he actually had a scholarship to Ball State for his swimming but dumb young us , we thought we HAD to get married right away and not go away to school …oh if I could go back and tell my younger self some things….but that is the past and I love my present…I will ask him about the side stroke thing and see what he says.

I know you said enjoy the Summer because Fall is sneaking up , but I wish it would sneak up faster ….I am over this hot and humid Summer already, and I am sure August will be worse so I will be rushing Fall, haha

Susie – sorry to hear about your bug while you were gone…sucks that you couldn’t enjoy the food while you were out and about…that is one of the best things about trips…I shouldn’t focus on the food aspect of it I know, but I do and that is just me, lol ….

Okay, Mexican casserole ….oddly I didn’t have a recipe, I just started putting some things together ….first I put a layer of corn tortillas on the bottom of a 9x9 dish …then I took half a can of refried beans mixed with a tablespoon of taco seasoning and spread that on top of the first layer of tortillas, then topped beans with layer of tortillas, next we taco meat, then another layer of corn tortillas topped with Mexican cheese….baked in oven for about 25 mins in 350 degree oven….once it was out and cooled a bit, I cut into 4 squares …I served a square topped with fresh tomatoes, chopped jalapenos and a dollop of Daisy ( lol ) sour cream ….it was so good and fresh ….and not hard to make …try it out, you can even make more layers and do different things is you wanted…

Yesterdays food diary:

Breakfast: English muffin with whipped butter
Lunch: veggie pizza at Pizza King
Afternoon Snack: one slice of Wonder Smart White with a T of peanut butter
Dinner: Grilled egg and cheese sandwich
Evening Snack: cup of Lucky Charms, dry – no milk

So again I was in calories, probably under when looking at it again, but should have had a better late snake and maybe more of a dinner ….I like typing this out, makes me really look at my choices.

Have a great day girls !!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #9  

Carri; I LOVED hearing about your NSV! and go ahead and toot your own horn because we are also doing that for you.

Thanks for the recipe! It is something I can make for me and DH. I will make his with taco meat and mine without..I will just add mushrooms and olives to mine.

You know I'm cooking these days since my Chef is on a year-long mission trip in Mexico, so this is very helpful.

Dee: I'm so glad you had a good vacation. Also, thank you for being aware and not telling the whole world I was on vacation. I'm pretty careful with that type of thing too!

I love Drew and Nick Lashea! They grew up in Cincinnati and so they are like "our" guys! I have a friend who was in the choir that Nick had that won that show a few years ago. He said Nick was a great guy.

I hope you have a great TOPS picnic. The pineapple upside down cake in you cupcake pan sounds great.

Here's my food for yesterday:

Breakfast: 3 Eggo pancakes with syrup, 2 scrambled eggs
Lunch: Liquini al fresco and garden salad with blue cheese dressing
Snack: 1 piece of peanut butter fudge
Dinner: 2 p of veggie pizza, 1/2 cup of cole slaw, 1 brownie.

I wanted to let you guys know that after much thought, research and talking with the Cardiologist we have decided to give the electrical cardio-version a try for DH's A Fib.

It is scheduled for August 22, 2012. It is done as a outpatient and will be performed at Christ Hospital here in Cincinnati, OH.

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 08-02-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:03 AM   #10  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls ….I am in a bad mood today …weighed myself this morning and scale still shows at 198, meaning I haven’t lost anything this week even though I was totally OP …I usually weigh myself on Sat or Sun morning for the week so something miraculous could happen and me drop my normal 2lbs or I could be stuck …I hope its not the dreaded plateau …

Just makes like you really wasted a week …although I know I can’t think like that.

Also found out yesterday at doc’s office that I have a bladder infection, so I am now taking meds for that ….doesn’t seem to be my week

Sorry about my pity me attitude this morning

Susie – I also make a taco pizza like that…just buy one of the premade pizza shells at grocery, and lay spread beans over it and meat ( not on your half haha ) and then top with some cheese, bake it oven till warms up and cheese melts …when it comes out slice it and top with salsa, jalapenos, lettuce, and fresh diced tomatoes…and of course sour cream …it is very good too.
I will definitely keep you and your dh in my prayers during this time…like I said my sister had it done and she is okay, I am sure he will be fine – although I know that wont keep you from worrying. Hugs

Hi Dee, Hi Mel and Liz !!

So glad it is Friday, me and dh are gonna try this new recipe this weekend for homemade protein bars …if they come out good I will share the recipe next week.

My menu for yesterday:

Breakfast : English muffin with peanut butter ( yes I pretty much have this every morning )
Lunch: Sara Lee Turkey on Wonder Smart White with light mayo, serving of Sunchips, pickles, and natural applesauce
Afternoon Snack: ½ peanut butter sandwich
Dinner: scrambled eggs, bacon, one slice toast
Evening Snack: red seedless grapes

Have a great weekend girls !!!!

Last edited by Satine; 08-03-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #11  

Hi. I was exhausted yesterday! Slept in this morning and feeling much better now.

DH is making breakfast--french toast, & eggs, this morning.

Then he is off to the grocery store and I will be cleaning house. We are taking two of our nieces to The Rootbeer Stand tonight.

Carri: Let me tell you that when I have a UTI I am ALWAYS in a bad mood. Also, you might not have showed a loss due to the UTI. Just stay the course this week and I bet you see it drop next week. I know it is hard when you feel you have done everything right and it doesn't show up on the scale.

Thanks for sharing how you make the taco pizza--I have added to my recipe book.

DH was looking over my shoulder and saw it and thinks it sounds good. He also thought your food for yesterday sounded good.

Here is my food from yesterday..it wasn't really all that good but oh well

Friday, August 3
B= scrambled egg and 1 yeast doughnet
L=2 p of veggies pizza
D=2 potato skins
Old 08-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #12  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies, hope you all had a good weekend ...I had a pretty good one, couldve done better food wise but I was already in a mood from the UTI and the no loss that week ...I was on antibiotics for three days, last day yesterday, and I hope it took care of it , I can't take much more ...might go to the drugstore and get some of the Azo bladder pills and see if that helps it ...Susie - what all do you do for yours?

So as I said Friday no loss for me last week ...but am plugging away back at it today ...have a good Monday girls.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #13  
Sandee

hi girls nothing going on w me. same of the same going on....busy, busy days......

carri, i hope u feel better soon!

susie & dh u r in my prayers for dh procedure

b back when something more is happening. have a fun/happy/80*s week girls!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #14  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls, not having a very good OP week, having a can't get focused kind of week ....but I will turn it around ...going to the State Fair on Friday afternoon and you KNOW that will not be a good diet day ...Elephant Ear HERE I COME !!! LOL !!!!

Have a good week Girls !!! And Dee we are no where near 80's here ...we are having high 90's ...but if you are having 80's then you full enjoy those, haha...and I am jealous.

Have a good day all
Old 08-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #15  
Sandee

Ummm We were @ the fair on Saturday & the food doesn't interest me.

Everytime we walk through the small animal barns, dh has to restrain me from talking to the owners.
I Am a animal Lover. I tried talking dh into letting me buy the mini-animals again. A mini-horse, mini-donkey, mini-bunny rabbits, some cutie-pie mini-goats again this year.
I don't like the noisy geese or turkeys. A neighbor does animal sheering & so one year I put deposits on a pair precious breeding alpaca's, for soft cashmere wool & when dh saw the bill ($9,000) he freaked & made me get a refund. I told him they were an investment He was raised on a dairy farm & showed 4-H livestock & so we'd give our animals a good home & I'd take care of our animals instead of exercising, more fun being w them instead of walking on a treadmill, etc. But dh says he'll buy us a calf/steer to raise & eat/take to a butcher; but I always pass-on that offer from dh.

We have hens that lay brown eggs. We sell them & eat them. Fresh eggs r yummy & their fertilizer is awesome to use in the soil.
DH said I'll have to b satisfied w my doggie kennel business, but I Luv almost everything except reptiles. We're taking our little-ones to a zoo next weekend when they stay here. I'm taking 2 of the kids to a riding-stable before school starts to have a trail ride w me, the ponies r trained to b gentle w kids.

Anyways the food doesn't get to me, its the animals I want to have & play with & love. Have a blast Carri, just try to eat or drink water 10 minutes before u go so u don't have a Fair binge County Fairs r a fun day.