Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #16  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

About 9 months.. lol. I'm a calorie counter, but not a measure-everything-on-a-food-scale-one, I use cups and teaspoon sets, ya know.. Anyways.. I was stuck at 225-221 for about 9 months. I work out 6 days a week for about an hour and a 1/2 a day. I ran 5k's, I lifted weights... lol, my body just didn't want to get past that number. It was a battle.. not fun at all! I started calorie cycling then, and added different types of foods instead of eating the same.thing.every.day. lol.. I lowered my cals to 1600 at that time (now I'm at 1450, eek, lol) and it helped, but... big but there.. it just made me realize how slow of a loser I am. I didn't ever have the 'just started losing weight rush' I hold onto water weight like its my JOB.. Its just how I am.

I can be as strict as possible and very rarely am I rewarded for it. It just will come off as it wants and I'll KEEP GOING!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #17  
is a persistent thistle

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/133

Height: 5'6"

I've had a couple of inexplicable natural plateaus that lasted 3 weeks, but I'm not even sure that's long enough to be called a plateau. I didn't change anything and just powered through them.

I had another 3 week plateau after I quit smoking and I had a 2 month stall (not truly a plateau as I did manage to lose 2 pounds) when I had switched to a different birth control. I suspected it was the BC holding things up so I then switched to a generic form of what I'd been taking originally (which is what they ought to have prescribed in the first place imo) and things have been swimming along nicely again.

Last edited by Thistleberry; 08-02-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Thistleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/158

Height: 5ft 7in

I've been stuck between 180 and 185 for over 2 months....but I've been losing inches so I guess I at least have something to show for my effort.
joyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote