Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 08:04 AM   #1  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Good Morning Wednesday!

Hiya girls. I'm so glad my wrist is better and I can type now instead of just kind of lurking around. Sounds like everyone is fired up about the Halloween challenge. Good ending point -- if you've just worked your butt off to make a goal, you sure don't want to ruin it by eating a ton of Halloween candy.

I'll probably BBL to post some more when I am a little more awake. I can't think of much to say that's intelligent right now.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:15 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning Jayne! The halloween challenge does sound good. I will have to post there after I think a bit more about where I would like to be. So did they figure out what was wrong with your wrist? I am glad your feeling better. How is school going? Both for your degree and teaching?

Well I may not be around a lot today. I am hoping t hat I have a lot of clients come in b/c yesterday was extremely slow. I just wanted to pop in b/c I have only been lurking lately. It sounds like everyone is doing well. I am still not kickin' it! Who knows why. I have so many reasons t hat I should be motivated. Oh well. Everyone have amazing days and I will check in later.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:40 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Heya all,

It's wednesday and I weigh in tonight, I doubt I'll have a loss, but that's okay... It's TOM so I am kind of expecting a gain.

Kim: ah, my BF is a Redskins fan too, and darnit, I have a hair appointment when they play. I am the same way, my bf gets annoyed since I'll start talking about the rules and stuff and asking questions.. I just can't believe how focused he is during the game (he's not like that watching Hockey).

Jayne: yeah Halloween Candy is a weakness of mine as well.. I want to stay on track. Glad your wrist is better, how are the classes going?

Becky: I hate it when things are slow at work, keep lurking and try to get any motivation that you can... Think about what things are important to you, what motivates you to do the things you do and then ponder how you could put a similar motivation into efforts. Also make ponder the reasons why you want to lose weight: to be healthy, to feel athletic, to have oodles of energy, to be able to say you made it to goal. Take heart, we ALL go through times where our motivation lacks. Good Luck

Ali
Old 09-03-2003, 10:06 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hi Jayne! Glad your wrist is feeling better.

Becky - I too hate being bored at work. Hope it is busy today.

Ali - Did you make a decision yet about a 2nd job?

Spent a lazy night on the couch last night watching TV. I watched 4 hours of TV. I can't believe it - I never, ever do that.

Went to WI last night. Down 2.4 from last week for a total of 7lbs this go around. Can I just say I hate having WI in the evenings? I much prefer my scale, buck nekkid, first thing in the morning.

Have a good day all.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:28 AM   #5  
A Yankee in Virginia

Sigh. Girls, I have NOT been doing well OP. Maybe getting the Flex Plan this week will jumpstart me! I've just been hovering around the same mark for 3-4 weeks now. And I'm eating out way too much. I haven't been to the gym for a couple weeks, either. I WILL START DOING BETTER!

I'm in a foul mood today, though, and I'm trying to pull myself out of it. I don't particularily know why ... my editor is annoying me but that happens every day. I think I just need to try and stay out of the office as much as possible today!

I'll be back later, hopefully in a better mood!
Old 09-03-2003, 11:39 AM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Quiet here today. I haven't weighed yet since starting WW at home, but I hope things are going well. I am going to the gym today to get some points. I like how the flex points work and they make me more comfortable with the plan. I just hope my body agrees!!!

I noticed all the stores are stocked with Halloween stuff. Emma wants to be a princess, she picked Sleeping Beauty because she has a pink dress. But that may change depending on her mood. I am making it for her, so soon I will go get the fabric. Tinkerbelle is also on the pattern and I am trying to talk her into that one!!! I think Kate will wear Emma's Winnie the Pooh costume from 2 years ago (I made that one too). But it may be too big for her, so I might have to make her something else. OH she could be Tinkerbelle. Not sure how I am going to get this all done tho!!! I a anxious for the Halloween Suckers for candy. I have discovered that hard candy and gum really do help me, even tho I would really prefer something else!!!!
Old 09-03-2003, 12:15 PM   #7  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Just a quick one --

Sure the night after I post the fabulous challenge I manage to not work out AND eat (okay, drink...) too much! Ah well it's a new day.

Hey jayne glad to see you back again

Becky - come play! as fun as lurk-land is, we love hearing from you!

Ali - I hate weighing in when it's TOM because you're feeling crappy anyway and you KNOW it's not going to be a good number! Stick with it though, next week should be better

Laura - way to go on the 2.4!!!!

Kim - just keep thinking, only 3 days left till the weekend...

Jen - that sounds so great, having a little tinkerbelle! You sound so creative making all those costumes, I wish I had the talent.

Okay must force myself to the gym tonight & hopefully to do at least the 20 minute pilates video too, I really have noticed a difference in my waist when I do it...

see you all later
Old 09-03-2003, 12:16 PM   #8  
Canadian Chick

Hey girls. I hope that you're all doing great. More stress in my life. To repair our car its going to cost $400!! Right now it feels like we've got so much burden & life is out of control. The one thing I can control I am-my eating. It looks like we won't have our car back until Friday so I'm going to find a meeting I can get to on the bus-hopefully tonight.

Jen, you are so creative! You'llhave to show us pictures come halloween b/c they will be so cute!

Jayne glad to hear your wrist is a littel better!

Becky Get motivated or we'll kick your butt!! Seriously you have everything to gain by staying OP. You can do it!

Ali, good luck with WI

Laura, congrats on your loss!

Kim I hope you feel more cheery.

A big hello to everyone else
Old 09-03-2003, 12:17 PM   #9  
Canadian Chick

Hey Angie! Today is a new day! Have fun at the gym
Old 09-03-2003, 01:06 PM   #10  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Rina - I hate car problems! My August has been full of them and I still swear it's not fixed, good luck!
Old 09-03-2003, 02:17 PM   #11  
Eve's Mom

Hi all! I am having a good day - I was back down to 208.4 yesterday - yay! I think the new flexpoints really does work for me. And I realized how close I am to finally being in the 100's (for good!!) I have been down to 199 once and within 2 weeks I sabotaged myself and was back up in teh 2's. So my goal is to get down there and stay there.

Laura - yay on the 2.4 - was that on flexpoints? What do you think?

Kim - cheer up - I did find teh new program (well, way of journalling) helped me. I think it'll be the motivation you need. Remember when Kirsty used to tell us to re-read or WW info? Well you get to do that but with new books and new tools and a new way of looking at it. Don't worry. hey, could your mood have anything to do with the sad, horrible stories you have to cover?? I couldnt do your job girl....wow....

Ali good luck at WI...!

Hi to all - I gotta run to get my work done - I am in Saskatchewan tomorrow on business and I have tons to do to get ready.

BBL
Old 09-03-2003, 02:57 PM   #12  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hi Chickadees. After a morning at work and at a Dr. appt, and an afternoon in the grocery store, I'm home again and ready to write some responses.

Belle, you'll be in "one"derland before you know it. I've heard that lots of people are doing much better with the flex points, and I bet you're one of them!

Rina, what a bummer about the car. I hope you can find a meeting that the bus takes you to, because you've been doing so well, and it would be a shame if you couldn't go and get a good WI. Two days and you'll have your car again!!!

Hey Angie, Pilates queen! Those are really tough -- good for you for doing them. They do really work, don't they? I'm glad you came to say hi even if you don't have lots of time.

Jen, I think that those girls would be precious as Sleeping Beauty and Tinkerbelle. A little tiny Tinkerbelle -- how much cuter could that be? I admire your sewing ability. I never learned how and always regret it.

Kim, it looks like I have to tell you a joke to try to get you in a better mood. How do you make three old ladies swear? Tell the fourth one to yell, "Bingo." Do you think that feeling all down has to do with that train accident yesterday? I would have a hard time bouncing back to a happy mood from that. *big hug* Feel better, K?

Laura, you absolutely rock! 7.2 lbs!!!!!!! I think you should just take it all off for WI. Yeah, since you go commando these days, you don't even have underwear to get in your way (ssshhhh, don't tell your boss) so just throw it all on the ground and hop on the scale, naked as the day you were born. I'd pay money to see the other WW attendee's faces!

Ali, here's to hoping that TOM doesn't have too much of an effect on you. Drink a ton of water and see if you can flush it all out or something. Good luck tonight!

Becky, motivation is such a mysterious thing. When you're on you're so totally ON and when you're not, nothing you do can pull you back until that thing in your brain that you don't really control clicks in. I've done a lot of talking to successful WWers, and they said the biggest challenge and reason for success that they had was staying strong when the motivation was low. Here's sendng you some motivating vibes. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, I'm taking a quick nap before I pick Aaron up. See you chicas later!
Old 09-03-2003, 03:35 PM   #13  
Divine Gal

hey ladies.
How are ya today? I am doing pretty well considering I messed up on my points today.I went to Arby's and had a chicken cordon bleu....Bad Lynn Bad Lynn So i have only 7 points left for the rest of the day.

Other then that I am feeling pretty good and received great news..We are going to get our truck fixed with some money my husband is making from a drafting job...YAY!!! Hopefully we will be able to get caught up on bills too.

Talk to yall tomorrow. TC *hugs*
lynnie
Old 09-03-2003, 03:47 PM   #14  
A Yankee in Virginia

Thank you for the well-wishes! I think my mood is a combo of the story yesterday and the fact that Aunt Flow seems to be starting. It's only been a month that we've been trying, so I know I shouldn't be upset, but I was hoping we'd be lucky! Guess we just have to keep at it!
Old 09-03-2003, 04:20 PM   #15  
Canadian Chick

Belle, where are you going to be in Sk? Anywhere near me? If you are we should hook up.

Lynn, don't beat your self up-that's what the flex points are for You are doing so great!

Anyway gotta run! TC girls!
Closed Thread