Old 07-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #1  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Going back to "pure induction" foods tomorrow for 2 weeks

I have decided that for the next 2 weeks I am going to go back to doing a pure induction. I think that my slip up a couple of weeks ago messed with me and since then I have been slipping non-induction foods into the mix (making my extended induction, a not so induction-y induction lol).

The first time that I did the 14 day induction was a bit rocky but I am definitely needing to clean up my eating. On occasion I have been sneaking a couple of berries here and there, a bite of melon, and nuts... which wouldn't be all that bad if I were in OWL but I really want to dedicate myself to an extended induction done the right way until I reach 197 lbs (no longer obese) then I will feel better about introducing new foods/chancing my weight loss slowing down. My weight loss has slowed since I have been "sneaking/cheating" so I am definitely not ready for the nuts or berries, though after this 2 weeks I may decide to hop into OWL extra 5g of veggies.

So, for the next 2 weeks (starting tomorrow) I will be doing a pure induction. No cheats, no sneaks (only hurting my progress), and I am going to more closely monitor my carbs instead of eyeballing. I am going to be sure to limit Splenda as well because I have noticed that I have been relying more heavily on that than I would like.

Anyone else with me?
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #2  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I'll join you. I need to be strictly on plan for a few weeks to get that induction high back. I've been experiencing carb creep for weeks now. I too have been hitting the diet soda a bit too hard and maybe overdoing it on cheese servings. Eff...lol, seriously just ate like, half a wedge of brie while sitting here at my desk.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #3  
Changing for the better

WOOHOO, I am happy to have a partner, the more the merrier! "carb creep" great way to put it! LOLOL on the cheese muchies, cream cheese recipes seem to be the death of me. Even though I stay around 3-4 oz per day I am pretty sure they stall me, I am going to do no more than 2-3 oz cheese per day. Since you're a desk-muncher have you thought about making some kale chips/spinach chips and keeping them in a napkin lined container? I am thinking of doing that because lately I have been craving the crunchy carbs pretty strongly! For the sugar carb cravings it seems like I crave fruits more than anything (hence my fruit munching recently), not sure how to curb those and satiate myself... I have heard of eating some coconut oil but I have never been an "oil by itself" eater.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #4  

Good luck, you two! Lots of scrambled eggs with (no-sugar) hot sauce!
hatgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #5  
Changing for the better

Thanks hatgirlie
I love eggs cooked all ways.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #6  
Livin' La Vida Low Carb!

S/C/G: 350/ticker/200

Height: 5'6"

I've been thinking of doing "pure protein" for the rest of the week. Still struggling with carb cravings and they can be set off even by veggies believe it or not so I'm in with you!

ETA: I'll be posting my daily menu here - it helps me stay on track.

Last edited by Simona; 07-31-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Simona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:55 PM   #7  
Changing for the better

Simona-welcome to the club, veggies triggering cravings must be so hard to deal with - I hope your plan helps . posting menu is a good idea, think I will do the same!

Last edited by TiffNeedsChange; 07-31-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:43 PM   #8  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I was considering a fat fast, but my problem isn't really a stall its that I'm eating too many carbs I think. they just sneak up on ya!

Today my plan of attack is to get some hot wings for lunch (working...super busy) and for dinner I'd like to finally use up some of the beef patties I have in the deep freeze so I'll make burgers for my son and just eat the patties plain for me. I have some cabbage and cauliflower that need to be consumed before they go bad so I'm going to have to have veggie carbs...but...I love veg.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:13 PM   #9  
Changing for the better

I'm dealing with carb issue too. I made sure to measure out everything today so that I would be sure of my carb count. I've been thinking about making wings for a few days, might make some this weekend.
Today's menu:
B: 3 deviled eggs
L: chicken skin cracklins, and soup made with green beans, sauteed mushrooms, garlic & bell pepper, and chicken breast in chicken stock.
D: Baked chicken coated with pork cracklins&parmesean cheese, and a salad with olive oil

So far I've had 8 glasses of water and 1/2 cup of splenda sweetened orange koolaid
Old 07-31-2012, 08:36 PM   #10  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Default Induction First Try

I started Sunday and posted here on July chat, but no one seemed to be on the thread anymore. I'd like some company so here I am.

This is the evening of the 3rd day for me. So far, so good. I pledged to myself to truly give Atkins a try all the way. I mean, it's only 14 days, right?! I'm very curious to see what it could do to get me going again losing weight.

So far, it's really easy to drink enough, I'm, so thirsty! Breakfast is egg and tomato frittata, lunch is a big salad with chopped roasted chicken, dinner is steak and veggies with butter. How easy was that?

The challenge has been the after dinner snackies which I'm fighting with tea, and a slice of cheese...

spanky
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:07 AM   #11  
Changing for the better

Hello and welcome Spanky!! Your menu sounds great. I think the July chat board is slow going but you're more than welcome here too. Have you checked out genaw.com? She has WONDERFUL low carb recipes, the Induction friendly ones are marked with an asterisk - just watch your portion sizes (she has all nutritional info listed). Glad you're doing well so far. I have realizedto that Atkins is a way of life that will give me more control, I hope it does the same for you.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:34 AM   #12  
Livin' La Vida Low Carb!

Day 1 of my Pure Protein phase:

B: 2 hard boiled eggs
S: 2oz Cheddar & 1 Pepperette
L: Parmesan Crusted Chicken
S: more Parm Crusted Chicken
D: Steak

Hopefully a few days like this & my carb cravings will disappear. I woke up every day this week starving & bloated! Ugh!

ETA: I was re-reading the book and Dr. Atkins does mention carb cravings from veggies if you eat them all at one meal instead of throughout the day and that's exactly what I was doing. I was eating them all during lunch and by 3pm I wanted junk! So after this protein phase I'll reintroduce veggies and be sure to spread them out throughout my day!

Last edited by Simona; 08-01-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #13  
Start: 7/23/12

S/C/G: 223/216/165

Height: 5'9

Hello everyone!! I also am planning on starting Induction. I've been doing Ideal Protein for two weeks and I'm not going to lie I hate it. I really don't like having to rely on packets of mystery stuff for a meal. I've done Atkins in the past successfully but gained the weight back because of my own stupidity and lack of control. I turn 30 on Saturday and really feel that it is time to get control of my weight.

I love reading about everyone's success, and slip ups. It helps to know that I'm not the only one out there trying to do this and having bumps in the road, and and it's so great to get motivated by others success.
kjwready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #14  
Livin' La Vida Low Carb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwready View Post
Hello everyone!! I also am planning on starting Induction. I've been doing Ideal Protein for two weeks and I'm not going to lie I hate it. I really don't like having to rely on packets of mystery stuff for a meal. I've done Atkins in the past successfully but gained the weight back because of my own stupidity and lack of control. I turn 30 on Saturday and really feel that it is time to get control of my weight.

I love reading about everyone's success, and slip ups. It helps to know that I'm not the only one out there trying to do this and having bumps in the road, and and it's so great to get motivated by others success.
Welcome! I love Atkins because I buy all my own food and Im not relying on pre-packaged foodstuffs. Im kinda familiar with IP - a girl at work did it for a while to fit into a bridesmaid dress and she too hated it.

I think many of us have slip ups because many of us are carb addicts and like any addict, it takes a few times in recovery to get clean.

Wishing you many successes!
Old 08-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #15  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Simona, thanks for the heads-up on the possibility that eating all of one's veggies at once may trigger cravings. I wonder if that's part of what's responsible for my after-dinner munchies. I usually eat my veggies at dinner; an hour later, I want something sweet. Hmmm...starting today at lunch, I'm going to have half my veggies at lunch and half at dinner. I'm also going to take my 2002 Dr. Atkins' book off the shelf and re-read it!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote