Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default The best part about losing weight is..

I can actually shop in the mall! I've recently made purchases at American Eagle, Charlotte Russe, Aeropostale, Victoria's Secret, and Love Culture! I know there's more where that came from and it's so exciting that I can actually pretty much wear clothes almost wherever I want to now. I can follow trends and dress my age and be FABULOUS!

YAY YAY YAY YAY!

NSVs FTW!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #2  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Good for you! I'm old enough to be your mother, and I'm enjoying buying new clothes too. I think I'm one of the better-dressed women at my office now!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #3  

Yay! Happy for both of you! I'm getting there!
hatgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #4  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

The fact that NOTHING, (except jewelery) fits at Lane Bryant... Seriously, clothes shopping is a blast, but just a small drop in the bucket of all the wonderful things that come with being a normal weight. I think that the fact that I can actually shop for HOURS and HOURS without getting totally exhausted is even better than the stuff I actually buy!

It's hard to explain, but everything is just better, kind of like almost everyday is my birthday!

Last edited by Lori Bell; 07-28-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #5  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

thats funny!! awesome nsv- but my nsv about clothes, is that i feel like...i don't need to.

i mean, i can find cheap clothes at trendy stores and not pay a FORTUNE at plus size stores! but at the same time, i feel like i can dress more plainly and not look frumpy because im fat!!
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:14 AM   #6  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

I totally agree with you guys.. but I've become SO picky about shopping now. :P Things have to be awesome to warrant me buying them.. before I would just get things because I could button them!
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #7  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

I hit halfway to my goal the other day and wanted to buy a new dress to look nice in pictures, so I went to the store. I FIT INTO SIZE M DRESSES! Unfortunately I didn't find one that I liked, but I tried on 6 or 7 dresses in size M (I won't call it a medium because Japanese sizes for most things seem to be M, L, and LL before they switch to 大きいサイズ, or the plus section...no small, but loose seems to be the in trend) and they all fit! The first one I picked up by accident, but after that I needed to confirm, then it was just kinda fun trying things on and giggling that I fit into the smaller size. My guess is that M is supposed to be "most people" based on the fact that I can fit in them and Japanese girls literally half my weight need to shop too. I still need to go to the plus section for pants (normal pants apparently only go up to a 67 cm waist in most stores) but for tops and dresses I can shop in the normal part of the store
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
The fact that NOTHING, (except jewelery) fits at Lane Bryant...
Yes! I had a lane bryant credit card but I can't use it anymore! so fun to have new and different places to shop. I can go into any store and find things to fit me. This is new for me too!
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #9  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

I also love the fact that I can shop Mall stores. I love New York and Co., Victoria's Secret, etc. etc. Two years ago, it wasn't possible to shop these stores. Even just a year ago, it was difficult to find things I liked even if I found my size because I was still lumpy. Now I have a better hit rate, even though I still can't wear anything.

I also love the fact that I can walk for hours and hours and feel fine!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

That's awesome Funnily enough I tried on my older brothers medium sized jacket last night just to see if I could borrow it to walk the dog late at night (all I have is a massive "matrix" coat from when I was at my highest that looks ridiculous on me now). I was incredulous when it actually fit nicely in the arms and I could zip it up! Such a strange feeling to think that I might actually fit in normal sized clothes now.
fuct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #11  
Not settling this time

S/C/G: HW/CW/GW 278/149/130

Height: 5'3

Yes, shopping is a real treat now. I remember when one of the store clerks saw me looking at the size 8 jeans and she said "Let me show you these great jeans in size 6" . Turns out they fit with room to spare. It was awesome! I get compliments all the time on the way I dress so keeping all the clothes that I now have is a real incentive to stay focused on eating right.
Prim2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #12  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksparkles View Post
....... :P Things have to be awesome to warrant me buying them.. before I would just get things because I could button them!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 153.5/119.4/116

Height: 5'2

I totally agree that shopping for clothes is the best feeling the smaller you get!!
WAHMto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

Congratulations! Buying clothing in "normal" stores is a good thing!

I thought that this would be more exciting for me. I hear stories about women crying for joy in the dressing room. It took maybe 20 pounds lost before I could shop in the non plus areas.....but for some reason, I have not been excited. I am not sure why.....maybe it is because I feel like I am just now getting back to "square one"....the weight I was when I was in college ( still on the low end of obese)....or maybe it is frustrating because I don't want to spend money on clothing that I hope to shrink out of. I try on a lot of clothing now and I window shop, but to be honest I don't like anything really. I like vintage styles and am having trouble finding places to shop and things that look good on me. My figure does not seem to like many of these styles out now.

Maybe I will be more joyfully when I can shop in stores like Express??? I don't know....
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote