Old 07-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 207/168/154

Default How do you reward yourself?

I recently saw a blog title, something like on't reward yourself with food because you are not a dog. I don't know for certain who wrote it, but it hit home with me because often I will reward myself with a healthier version of a cookie and a cup of vanilla almond milk that I sweeten with Stevia when I feel I "deserve" one, lol. So now I'm very curious and looking for some ideas or inspiration for ways to reward myself when I hit my set fitness/weight-loss goals.

What do you reward yourself with when you hit a fitness/weight-loss goal? For those of you who like me, don't have an endless pocket I'd really love to know about your creative rewards for yourself.
mommaK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #2  
camper

S/C/G: 215/154/145

Height: 5'7 and 1/2

I found it fun to reward myself with new clothes in a smaller size. Shopping, which was once a horrible experience, is now much more fun! I used to cry in the store and was miserable. Now I love trying on things I couldn't have even imagine ever fitting in. Its awesome. I don't have a huge budget, but I had to buy clothes now and then...I tried to only buy a few new things for ever size.
camper67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/177/175

Height: 5'7

I'm rewarding myself with a (slightly more expensive than I'm used to) scarf when I hit 210. I have a picture of it on my computer that keeps me thinking about it. I see it every day and get a little excited, both for the reward and for the weight. Past that, I don't have any other rewards planned. Partly because it seems a bit far off and, I don't know, partly because I'm just chuggin' along? Great thread.
scout83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #4  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

I reward myself with time. It's such a precious commodity, and being a mother of 4, and babysitter of 4 I find that time alone is what I REALLY want and is what really feels like a reward to me! So, taking off to the mall (no $ to shop, oh well!) for an hour feels like some sort of guilty pleasure. Yep, time, that's mine!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 189.4/173.8/150

Height: 6'

Well what I do is find something I really want, and wait till I hit a mini goal to get it. For example, I keep seeing commercials for the crest 3d white toothpaste that whitens your teeth. I wanted it so bad! Yesterday I got to my first mini goal, and as stupid as it sounds, I went out and bought my 3d toothpaste, and I was (and still am) so happy every time i see it/ use it!

I recently decided I want to dye my hair (never done it before) and I want to do a hair melt (also called ombré- google it if your confused) and I want it SO BAD! So I decided I will get one once I get to my final goal in 20 more pounds!

Just find something you really want, it doesn't have to be pricey to motivate you!
KatieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #6  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

If it's mini-goals, it's usually a couple bottles of nail polish, shoes that are less than 10 bucks, and/or shirts under 5 bucks. That kinda thing.

But if it's a big goal, probably a nice casual dress (since I can always take it in easily rather than shirts or jeans), coloring hair, getting my gel nails refilled and airbrushed, etc.

I am thinking when I hit 166, I am going to get my eyebrows professionally threaded. They are not horrible right now but they could be cleaned up and whatnot a bit more.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #7  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Well, I have to say, I do use food often. There is a place near me that makes a killer gluten free pizza and I usually treat myself when I feel I have earned it. If that makes me dog-like, I'll take it! As for non-foods, I concur with the shopping for cute stuff, my latest thing has been dresses since prior to my weight loss, I was a strict "jeans and hoodie" girl.
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #8  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thousandsunny View Post
... As for non-foods, I concur with the shopping for cute stuff, my latest thing has been dresses since prior to my weight loss, I was a strict "jeans and hoodie" girl.
Same here! Kinda funny, isn't it? (for me, it is.) One thing I do like about most dresses is that they can be taken in if you lose more or whatever as opposed to jeans and stuff like that.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #9  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
One thing I do like about most dresses is that they can be taken in if you lose more or whatever as opposed to jeans and stuff like that.
I have yet to have a dress taken in since a lot of the ones I have a re recent purchases but I think you make an awesome point! I'd rather have a dress taken in than have to buy another one. What does suck for me with dresses is that if you looked up "pear shaped" in the dictionary you'd see my picture; barely-a-B on top and then aaaaaalllll hips). Even with medium dresses, or 10/12s, I am left with... a lot of room on top, we'll say. I do need to look into getting some of my dresses altered to fix that issue.
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

Experiences I couldn't have while a larger weight. Roller coasters because the bars/restraints didn't fit comfortably. Indoor skydiving. Just more exposure to group sports as well.
Aunrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

I do use food too, making myself something special that takes more effort etc. But for non food related rewards.

Special scented body washes/creams. I am always in a rush to get out the door. It's a special treat when I take the time to moisturize properly it feels extra delish if its something like one of the body shops scented body butters. It takes TIME but not a lot of money (since I don't do it every day). {It takes time for the cream to settle in and usually i'm just too rushed to get dressed and back to life...} or a scented body wash in the shower, special, only use it after you complete a workout or something. Those are two of my favorite non food mini rewards. Not that pricey but still get to feel "treated".

Another thing I might do is curtail my itunes purchases, its onlye 1.29 per song but it adds up and only let myself buy music if I meet certain mini goals each week.

Basically find something you like, that is not that expensive but feels like a "luxury".

Or I use to use TV as a reward, like I could watch a silly TV show but only if I was on the treadmill at the time. etc.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #12  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

I would love to purchase new clothes or pretty undies, but I'm only half way through my first major goal and have a lot more pounds to lose so that isn't smart. What I have done after 5 or 10 lbs is buy something small like a higher-end nail polish or lipstick and it helps.

For the first time I'm rewarding myself with a treat today. I lost 2 lbs in one week so I'm going to treat myself to a slushee which is the first treat I've had in over 2 weeks (no ice cream or candy etc). I'm of course factoring it into my daily calories and I'm power walking after my strength training class later!
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:32 PM   #13  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I do buy myself a lot more clothes now. Every 5lb really since I hit 160 LOL

But!!! i don't really care what anyone says, I'm stuffing my face in pizza hut stuffed crust pizza when I hit 130. Just because.

Funny part is my brother tells me "yea right, you'll eat at most 2 slices and be full."

He's probably right
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #14  
Make each day count!

S/C/G: 263.5/see ticker/180 for now

I am planning on using rewards for every 20 pounds lost. Things like mani/pedi, massage, lunch date with friends (not being super picky on calorie intake), a new workout outfit or equipment, cheap but cute jewelry, etc. Also, I only let myself watch TV if I'm on the treadmill, and then 30minutes at night on the couch with the hubby.
mccull83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/154.7/130

Height: 5'3"

I saw that quote on Pinterest too and immediately realized that's exactly what I do. When something goes my way, I go for a nice meal because "I deserve it". lol So now, once I hit my first goal, then I'm going reward myself with some new clothes and a vacation
wiredkell is offline   Reply With Quote