South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 05:56 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Friday, July 27

Good morning and a really big TGIF from me after this week. All I have to do today is go to the spa and relax while I have a mani-pedi and turn up for the grandstand show tonight. It's been a very hectic week - remind me not to allow that to happen again.

Yesterday's rain somewhat "dampened" the crowds at the Fair but there was not too much complaining from the farm folk. We do need more rain to save the crops but it was a start. I see more in the forecast tomorrow but today is supposed to be sunny and gorgeous.

Right now, I need to do some tidying up outside in preparation for being away next week. Luckily the inside is in good shape. Funny but it always stays tidier when I'm out a lot. I wonder why.

Enjoy your Friday whatever you do but come and chat a wee bit first.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I second that TGIF! It's been a busy week, what with getting the girls all packed up for a week at camp followed by a week at the shore, and getting myself all set for my vacation. It sure didn't help that I kept getting a recurring headache!

I only work til noonish today, and then I'm free for two whole weeks!
Old 07-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I have a light day today too. Just working until noon then the afternoon and evening off. I was hoping for a hike or bike ride but the weather may thwart that. We are finally getting plenty of rain. I wish it would rain when I'm working but we really need it so not going to complain. Maybe it will just be an afternoon movie marathon, that would feel really decadent right now

The crockpot frittata continues to be my favorite thing to make in warm weather. Yesterday I made one with lots of chard, mushrooms, garlic from my garden and goat mozzarella. It was amazing and so easy. I may never go back to making them in the oven.

Time to get moving on the working portion of the day. Happy Friday Chicks and happy almost vacation Ruth & Cottage!
Old 07-27-2012, 06:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Morning chicks!

Ruth - mani/pedi?!? Lucky you...you deserve it after your crazy week!

Cottage - WOOO HOOOO!!!!

Cyndi - I really must try this crockpot frittata, it sounds so delish.

Getting my quiet in before the storm (it really disturbed me when mom was here, she'd hear me get up, then come up too....I didn't get my alone time!!). I think I'm going to remove Reesie's stubborn lymph node, it's just monsterous, otherwise I'll always wonder what would've happened. Sigh. Couldn't she read the book on how her cancer should behave?!

Otherwise, things are okay. I did a successful phase 1.5 yesterday, trying to curb all that little snacking and off plan white stuff I'd been having. I wanted to get a hike/run or some kind of exercise in this AM, but I'm not sure the weather is cooperating. And I can't bring the pup if she's fasted .

Off to finish my morning surf, then get the day going!
Old 07-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I need to wander over to the coffeepot and pour a cup. I think I may have 30 min. before mom and DH wake so I'm going to reacclimate myself to my home here. I haven't decided if we'll travel tonight or tomorrow very early. We'll see how the day pans out.

Have a happy Friday!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cyndi, have you posted the crockpot frittata yet? I am in need of some breakfast (or lunch) ideas and it sounds good.

Cottage, we sure WILL relax on our holiday. we may not even talk to each other! Yeah! Right!

Twynn, my heart goes out to you and your dear dog. May your hand be steady today when you attack this thing.

Ready to tackle breakfast at the Diner, check in at the Fair Office (probably a mistake) and then outta here for my spa time. (I love the sound of that!)

Hi, Debbie aka Travelling Lady. Hope your day pans out well.

Once again TGIF!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good luck with Reesiepup today, Tammy. I think you are doing the right thing, and I hope all goes well.

Cyndi, I'm tempted to try that crockpot frittata since I have plenty of chard to use up. Have a good day!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

good morning,

Thank goodness it's Friday. Twynn I will be praying for you today. We still have not got any rain can you'll send some our way

i have insurance adjuster coming tomorrow to look at the roof looks like April Hail storms damaged ours and all of the neighbors roof I thought we were good until all the roofing company signs started going up all around us.

stay cool and have a great day
Old 07-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Cyndi - Yes - please post that recipe and link back to the daily thread for us.

Twynn - Hope all goes well today.

I have the evening shift at work, going in late afternoon. Friday nights are always "date night" with lots of couples just browsing but rarely buying anything. This morning I'm heading to the gym. Then I wait to see if my friend wants company today. She's recovering from breast cancer treatment and I've offered a few times to go over, since her husband headed back to work this week, but so far she hasn't taken me up on it.

Have a great day, all.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, I concur TGIF!!!! Only working until 2 today. Then quick stop at the butcher (pick up meet for my mom). Quickly finish cleaning the bathroom and the remaining laundry. Start loading up the car. Make dinner, blah blah blah. Don't care because tomorrow at the crack of dawn we will be on our way!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 167/154/120

Height: 5' 1" (in the morning, LOL)

Default Good Morning

Good Morning all,

Ruth, enjoy your work free time.
Cyndi, your recipe sounds great. Definitely better then backed chicken and broccoli.
Twynn, I know what you mean about alone time. My dd is with her dad so I've had a little too much of it.

Work has been slow so I've been off most of the week. Unfortunately that fuels my my depression. It's already 72 and foggy and supposed to get up to 93 and humid.

Off for a short walk then breakfast.
Closed Thread