Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163.4/ 161.0/135

Height: 5'2"

Default 10 lb loss goal before continuing on

I always tell myself how easy it is to lose ten pounds, but continue to lose and regain the same 4-5 lbs. I've decided to be serious and started the 'Couch 2 5K' yesterday. My legs are sooo sore and my heart was so joyous when I didn't fail the First day of the running plan. Yay!
I will take today to recuperate and it's on like Donkey Kong tomorrow evening.

Have any of you ever done this running plan? If so, what were your results? Any specific encouragement you'd give to this newbie?
tynk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #2  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

Hey! I just started the C25K last week, Thursday is W2D2 for me. Technically I'm using the 5K Runner app...but its still an 8 week starter program.

I too have a hard time staying focused on my weightloss goal. This is my first try incorporating exercise, so I'm interested to see how it goes.

Congrats on finishing the first day! It was a struggle for me. Lots of ladies on here have done C25K with great success.
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:33 PM   #3  

Thank you for offering your encouragement and filling me in on others here doing the running plan as well.
Great job on your weight loss success so far, too. Keep up that hard work!
BTW, I'm a HUGE Dropkick fan myself. ))
Old 07-18-2012, 11:55 PM   #4  

Week 1Day 2. Owned. This time it was easier than the other day. I even hurt my large toe(nail) today and yet somehow late in the evening was able to put it out of my mind and push through. So proud and happy I did.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I didn't find C25K particularly useful for weight loss, since the calories burned in the beginning are a couple hundred at best. But it is awesome for building physcial fitness and making you feel wonderful about setting goals and reaching them.

My advice - take it slow if you need to. I rushed it in the beginning and was in a lot of pain. You are building new muscles and new bone so give your body time to adjust. And repeat days if you need to.

I have found that during those times that my weight loss stalls, I can look at my c25K app (which I still use to track my runs even though I don't do the program anymore) and see an improvement in speed and distance, which makes me feel good.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #6  

I completed w2d2 tonight. I think I'm in love with this program and seeing how much just these few days of running has made.
I will be going for a proper shoe fitting. The current ones I am using, an older pair of NB and a pair of Asics are just plain bad. I keep getting shin splints and last thing I want is to ice teh crap out of them every other night. I am working on proper form and not striking on my heel, as well as my breathing. I feel like things are falling into place and do think it is my shoes giving me the problems.

Sea girl, thank you for your insight. I'm really needing to build confidence in my private/ personal life as I have always been a people pleas putting others first. now it is MY turn to be put first for myself. My professional life, I'm as confident as can be, oddly enough.
I figure that after this program, I will continue running, but start adding in some lifting again, too.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:22 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW-267/SW-252/ticker/GW-180

Good for you! I have been doing a modified c25k for about 5 weeks and I am simply in LOVE with running! I love being outside and it is so satisfying to see improvements. Keep up the good work!
westcoast rosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/164/132

Height: 5'5

I'm also doing Couch to 5K! I'm on Week 4 day 2!!!

Every week is such a challenge but as long as you don't give up, you feel like you had truelly accomplished something!!!

I'm so excited about it!
1yr2mkovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:44 AM   #9  

Thanks ladies! Good luck to you too! I also am loving every pet of this program and am content in the baby steps it offers you to build your stamina, work on breathing, and pacing yourself. It's a nice esteem booster.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #10  

I hope no one minds that I am keeping track of my progress in this thread here.
After finally being able to get rid of all the fluid retention from my first two weeks, I went all teh way up to almost 168! From 163.4. I am now once again down and my number today was 162.2. I feel good; better than when I stArted my C25K on 16 July. Tonight will be W3D2. I am confident, but my medial shins hurt. I know it is as a result of the stability shoes the running shop had me try and I returned them. they were Mizuno Wave Inspire 8 and just plumb we not for this girl. I am now the proud owner of awesome dark purple and silver Brooks PureFlows. They work my calves and hammys a bit more than I am used to and I think due to how my foot strikes the grounds may have a bit of shin pain while breaking in this new pair, but nothing like what I experienced with those Mizunos.
Cheers to the week ahead, conquering those little milestones and tiny voices that tell us to stop when we really want to push through.