Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-25-2012, 12:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/130 mini goal 228

Height: 5'6"

Default So I finally took pics of myself to use for "before shots" later and

They are totally disgusting! How my husband is still attracted to me makes no sense. I know I'm obese but I still don't think of myself as being obese even though I have been big for years now. I don't do it so much anymore but I used to buy clothes that were too small because I actually thought they would fit. When I went back and looked at the pic I took tonight it really wasn't shocking but more a feeling of disgust by the way I see myself. My hips and thighs are so big! I have always had big hips and thighs though. I have always been a "pear" shape... But then I looked at my stomach and it honestly looks like I'm 6 months pregnant. My 4th and last pregnancy is where that originated. After my other 3 pregnancies the belly always went back down but the last time it did not. I have always had a small stomach so I am not used to having weight there except for the past 4 years. I usually avoid the camera though so that part was a little shocking. I hope it goes away with the weight. I'm kind of scared it won't. And I wonder if my hips and thighs will lose weight too? I don't see how it's possible even though I have seen lots of goal photos that prove it is. Please give some encouragement that these hips, thighs and stomach will shrink with the rest of my body! It's so discouraging and I feel disgusted with myself. I'm not going to quit though!
MyLilSweetPeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 275-280/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

I know how you feel! I took some too but deleted them because even with the intention of using them for before and after shots I couldn't do it. It's rough when you see yourself through a picture because it doesn't lie. I always get so disgusted when I realize that's how I really look. Try to look on the bright side and think about how someday you'll look back and not even recognize the person in the picture. We will change and get better!
ilidawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:24 AM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

As you lose fat you will shrink.

You can do it and you'll be surprised how easy it is.

I think taking pictures every two weeks is a good idea. There won't be much of a difference initially but in 3 months you will see a huge difference in the pictures. In six months you won't even recognize yourself in the "before" pictures.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:19 AM   #4  
aspire 2b thin and healthy

S/C/G: 234/110

Height: 168cm

you will definitely shrink during which a healthier and happier you will emerge where you how you feel match how you look!
cordial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #5  

I agree--it's hard to look at those "before" pics and imagine how someone could still find you attractive. However, rather than dwelling on the how others perceive you physically, you should remind yourself how great you are aside from those pics. You need to tap into that self-confidence and strength in order to lose the weight! It's kind of a catch-22. Put the photos aside for now, either to delete or to look at when you've met your goal. You can do it.
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:13 AM   #6  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post

I think taking pictures every two weeks is a good idea. There won't be much of a difference initially but in 3 months you will see a huge difference in the pictures. In six months you won't even recognize yourself in the "before" pictures.
This, completely. Even the weight I've lost in 2012 (about 35 lbs) has changed me, to the point that the drivers license pic I took from the middle of December doesnt even look like me. I got carded about a week ago and the waitress questioned me, lol.

You will be so so so surprised at how much you can change your body... You just have to keep at it, and keep going.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #7  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

You're braver than me! I took before shots using the timer on my camera, and then slipped the memory card out and put it away. I will look at them when I've lost all the weight so I have before and after pictures, but I still haven't seen them.

I hate the feeling of clothes on my belly! I hated it when I got so fat, my belly was bigger than my boobs and the fabric would touch it. Now my belly is smaller. It's still there, but my boobs are bigger, and if i hold it in, you can't tell I have much of a belly left.

This is a good launching point. I'm glad you did your before pictures. You'll be glad you'll be able to see your progress!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I took them, too. I took them without my head in the photo because it makes it easier to just judge the size without saying "oh my hair looks weird, and my face is crooked" or something.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #9  
m3k
One LB at a time...

S/C/G: 222/Ticker/160

Height: 5' 6"

I took mine as well, and it was seriously hard. I have them hidden quite well on my computer. I also cut my head out of the picture.

They were hard to look at, but a necessary step. I don't have any full length mirrors in my house, so I use those pictures as my motivation from time to time. Also, when I do lose some weight, I'll be able to actually see it.

They are bad though. I'm still fighting with whether or not I'll even share them when I've dropped some more lbs.
m3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLilSweetPeas View Post
Please give some encouragement that these hips, thighs and stomach will shrink with the rest of my body!
I also tend to store most of my fat on my hips and thighs. The fat in those areas was the last to go when I lost 55 pounds last year, but I'm happy to report that it did finally disappear. My hip circumference is now 37", 7 inches smaller than when I started.

As for the belly, it's hard to predict what will happen because skin elasticity varies so much. I was lucky in that all my belly fat went away and I now have a flat stomach at age 55. There's reason to hope you'll get similar results in time, given that your belly rebounded from your first three pregnancies.

HTH Freelance
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateleestar View Post
This, completely. Even the weight I've lost in 2012 (about 35 lbs) has changed me, to the point that the drivers license pic I took from the middle of December doesnt even look like me. I got carded about a week ago and the waitress questioned me, lol.

You will be so so so surprised at how much you can change your body... You just have to keep at it, and keep going.
I am holding out hope for this. I took the pictures so that would be able to see a difference later, otherwise I would have never taken them. I have every intention of staying on plan, especially now. Even with already losing 18lbs I can't see a difference. I think it's because I'm so big that it will take me losing about 50 lbs before I start to see a difference. As far as health, I quit drinking soda and sweet tea altogether because of all the sugar. I only drink water and I can definitely tell a difference in how I feel. I'm not so tired anymore and I don't get headaches anymore unless I haven't had enough water or I've gone too long without eating. It's a great feeling to be in control of my body like that.

Thank you all so much for chiming in here. I know I'm not alone. To those of you who have achieved your weight loss goals, you're an inspiration. To the rest of us, we can do this! For now the pictures will be stored on my phone out of sight.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post

I meant for this to be included in with the other quote ^^. I'm holding out hope that this is true. John I took the pics so that I could hopefully see a difference a few months down the road. I hope y'all are right.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 257/257/157

I carry most of my weight in my thighs and hips too, they are ENORMOUS!! I used to have a (relatively speaking) flat stomach, but pregnancy took care of that for me. Now I have a big flabby, floopy belly (there's a nice visual for you), and huge hips and thighs as well!
I took a before picture and there's a noticeable difference now. But it was hard to look at that picture for awhile. It's disgusting.
PinkLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkLotus View Post
I carry most of my weight in my thighs and hips too, they are ENORMOUS!! I used to have a (relatively speaking) flat stomach, but pregnancy took care of that for me. Now I have a big flabby, floopy belly (there's a nice visual for you), and huge hips and thighs as well!
I took a before picture and there's a noticeable difference now. But it was hard to look at that picture for awhile. It's disgusting.
Thank you for your response. I'm glad there has been a noticeable difference for you! That gives me hope! The visual you gave is a perfect example of me. My stomach is out farther than my boobies. And last time I measured, my boobies seem to be shrinking.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #15  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

My "before" shots were not even my doing - they are from my best friend's wedding - I was her maid of honor and was also at my highest weight during that time - actually those photos were what made me start to lose weight.

At the time, I HATED them - and I couldn't do anything about it b/c they were her wedding photos so obviously I couldn't hide or destroy them. Now, just over a year later - I am SO grateful for those photos!! I never would have any "before" shots otherwise and they are such a great and EMPOWERING reminder of how far I've come.

Don't sweat the before, just focus on the after and you will love having something to compare all your awesomeness to!
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote