South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 06:32 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Wednesday, July 25

Good morning. I;m on the right side of the grass and there was no baby skunk on the back porch this morning.

It's a lovely cool morning at 56ºF, a great day to charge ahead into the last day before the Fair opens tomorrow. I am meeting my "team" for breakfast at the Diner at 7:30 and then we will go to the Fair Hall to mount the Fair schoolwork on the long wall. It takes the whole of the longest wall in the Hall and we never have enough room. I recruited some tall people for the job. There will be a slight break at noon and then I'll be doing registration for Homecraft things until around nine tonight, with dog care breaks in between.

I'm glad I skipped coffee at the Diner yesterday and kept my nose to the grindstone here at home and at the Mill. I did get a lot done, including a giant beef stew in my big crockpot. It's for the Board members who work the full days and sure is appreciated instead of Fair Food. I am hoping to avoid all Fair food myself - wish me luck!

Right now I'm going out to water my garden although rain is predicted for tomorrow. (Promises! Promises!) I'll also pick the last of the green and yellow beans to put into the stew later. I've not planted more beans for an end of August crop - with a 60 day maturity, I may as well forget it.

Hey! It's Hump Day and will be a big one her. I hope yours is a gentle slope.

Come and chat.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:42 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We have been lucky with rain this week and everything is lush again. My poor tomato plants were really drooping but much happier now.

It's a super crazy day today, so I will be lucky to find time to get back and read the Daily later. Yesterday I figured out I'm working about 55 hours this week between all three jobs. No wonder I'm busy! It should seem relatively calm moving to just one FT job and my Sundays at the video store.

I am just finishing my broccoli omelet so it's time to get moving. Happy Hump Day Chicks!
Old 07-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm calling yesterday my Hump Day since I finally got over that horrible migraine.

Today is looking pretty good with spending the morning at Susie's, and the girls are going to a horse show this afternoon, which means I get to go home early. I have a gorgeous snowy white cauliflower in the fridge that I think I'll make into cauliflower crust pizza with fresh sliced tomatoes and zucchini and gruyere cheese for tonight's supper.

4 more sleeps til vacation at the shore!
Old 07-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Today is my work Monday, but only working three days then VACATION!!! it can't get here soon enough. I haven taken a real vacation yet this year. Now I turn into Anxious Jenn who will worry about getting too much done in too short of time.

After work today I am going to my friend/co worker to pick up zucchini bread and drop off squash. The zucchini bread is not OP, but he was kind enough to think of me, so I will enjoy it sparingly. One loaf may make it to my parents. Then a quick stop at the bike store (hopefully they are open) to buy a replacement tube for my friend's bike. Trued filling the tire before work, but it won't hold air. I plan on packing tonight except for toiletries. I would like to clean upstairs since tonight it should hopefully be comfortable.

Well time for Greek yogurt, flax seeds and strawberries. Enjoy!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/181/130

Height: 5 feet

Good Morning had a big post and lost it GRRR no time to redo. Hope everyone has a great day and I will try to get back in later.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Irin if you check in later, your pics look great!!! Your weight loss really shows!!!! Awesome job!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:33 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Wow! Busy here this morning! everyone! I did sit down long enough to catch up with you all but I must get going. Life at home is pretty chaotic at the moment with project, work AND keeping up with the regular household stuff. I HAD to do laundry (work clothes) AND clean the cat box and chose to clean the kitchen AND vacuum the stairway so I can paint again when I get off work.

Tomorrow mom and I are heading over to Glenwood for a two day R&R so lots to do. I'd better go out for one more cup of coffee.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I work mid-day, then late afternoon/evening we head to a combination 6th birthday party for our nephew and "see our new rental house" for his dad (and his girlfriend who just moved in together). They are only serving cupcakes and it is over the dinner hour. Strange. I suspect that DH and some of his siblings will want to go out for a later dinner after. I, on the other hand, will be trying to fill up with something healthy post-work and before party. Sigh.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 302/302/200

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning beachers! I enjoy reading the posts from all of you on your day and progress....I am in week 2 of Ph 1 and weight loss has stopped .... still staying op though....has anyone used the whey protien pdr (bought at Walmart) for meal replacement....I am just curious...only has 4 grm carbs...
Old 07-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning quick flyby for me.

I am jealous of all that have had rained my grass is crunchy brown, they are calling for scattered showers tomorrow fingers crossed.

Sounds like everyone is busy with the "dog" days of summer.

Have a great day!
Old 07-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 167/154/120

Height: 5' 1" (in the morning, LOL)

Good morning (what's left of it). It's already 82 and sunny.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 211/211/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone - this is day 3 for me and so far so good - did my measurements and weight today - I was afraid to do it on the first day as I was worried I would not be able to do this - but since I seem to be doing okay I went ahead and did it

I have not started walking as I am having some difficulty with plantar facititis and I am going to get orthotics so I can start with the walking part of the program!

I do have to say - I am having horrible gas I am guessing because of all the vegetables and the removal of high fat and carb eating. Hope all of you are having a great day today

Jen
Old 07-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 167/154/120

Height: 5' 1" (in the morning, LOL)

Default reply to Jen

Jen,
I'm also on day 3. If you have a rocking chair...that helps with the gas. BTW, I just came back from a vacation in Brampton.
Closed Thread