Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 06:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 07/24/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 07-24-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #2  
Joined IP 6-26-12

Height: 4' 10"

Good morning everyone. WI. Today. Hoping for a good week. was 100% OP.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody! Rise and shine !

I got on the scale this morning for the first time in weeks and had lost a good 3-5 pds, and I don't know how I did it. I'm in maintenance, have had some splurges but not writing stuff down in a log. Have been trying to increase my walks so I think muscles are building. With all the extra skin, I'm not sure what my 'real' weight is anymore, but my scale weight was 148.6. Go figure!

Then I realized that I had forgotten to login here...

The most amazing thing happened though. My little sister and I have been estranged for several years and I missed her so much. She just emailed me that she wants to be in touch again and I cried my eyes out. This is the best news I've ever gotten, hands-down.

Well, hope you all have a wonderful, inspiring Tuesday !!!

Margaret
Old 07-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #4  
IP started 5.31.12

S/C/G: 220/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
The most amazing thing happened though. My little sister and I have been estranged for several years and I missed her so much. She just emailed me that she wants to be in touch again and I cried my eyes out. This is the best news I've ever gotten, hands-down.
Margaret-that is great news! sending . I found out I had a half sister last year and met her when her and her boyfriend came down. it was great!

Good Morning everyone. It's been a busy week for us. NSV - i finally got my wedding and engagement ring off for the first time in YEARS. I couldn't believe it!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:27 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone!!
I did my week 2 weigh-in on Sun. Down 6lbs and 2 1/2 in. So thats 14lbs and 7in in 2 weeks. Very happy. It would be nice if I could keep this pace the whole time
Having the worst TOM since my teens. Will it be like this just for the week or is it funky constantly?
Hope everyone has a great day!!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:

I got on the scale this morning for the first time in weeks and had lost a good 3-5 pds, and I don't know how I did it. I'm in maintenance, have had some splurges but not writing stuff down in a log. Have been trying to increase my walks so I think muscles are building. With all the extra skin, I'm not sure what my 'real' weight is anymore, but my scale weight was 148.6. Go figure!

Margaret
Great news all around!!!! So happy for you!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

Margaret
Margret,
Great loss and even better news on the relationship with your sis. Great news! Family really matters, and when its out of sinc, well, its just really tough. I'm hanging in there with you, facing something similar with an adult kiddo.
Blessings,
Jeanie
Old 07-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Margaret
Margaret,
The phone call from your sister is so wonderful! I am truly happy for you. And your extra weight loss, how fabulous too! I think its time to go buy a lottery ticket! You are on a roll!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 160.2/138/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm new to IP, but I've been reading all of the IP related posts for weeks. I find all of you so inspirational and knowledgeable. Anyway, I had my first WI yesterday and the results were better than I could have expected! I just want to say thanks to everyone and have a great day!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #10  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:

Margaret
That is just wonderful news about your sister, you must feel so excited! Congrats on the weight loss also!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #11  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning all, well my first Tuesday WI today, don't expect a loss since my last WI was last Thursday, we'll see. Check in later. Have a great morning all!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #12  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Height: 5'4"

Margaret Great news on all fronts! I'm so happy for you. Sometimes family relationships can be so tricky, but it is always a relief when things can be worked out.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #13  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Margret, Great news thanks for sharing with us.

Have a great day everyone.

Today is my second full day back at work. Still on light duty, no uniform, no taking calls on the road. There will be plenty to keep me busy in the office. Paper Work makes the world slow down, and go around.

Next week I will be at Cub Scout camp with Jack. We went last year and I was so overweight and soooo slow, you walk every where. I think the walk to the chow hall was half a mile. It was brutal for me. I am looking forward to the walking this year. It will be pretty easy now.

Not sure yet how I'm going to eat there. I need to call them to see what kind of flexibility they have with meals. I'm most concerned about getting my 4 cups of veggies a day. The rest I can take care of with packets. I might just bring a cooler and my own veggies. Tuna fish could be my lean protien but I don't really want 7 days of it. I might pack some lean cold cuts, turkey breast and ham sound good.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Margaret, such happy news all around! I hope things with your sister just get better and better. And congrats on a great loss!

WI #20 for me tonight. I'm hoping that two weeks from today I'll cross the 100lb mark - woot!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #15  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Early morning replies

Quote:
I got on the scale this morning for the first time in weeks and had lost a good 3-5 pds, and I don't know how I did it.
My little sister and I have been estranged for several years and I missed her so much. She just emailed me that she wants to be in touch again and I cried my eyes out. This is the best news I've ever gotten, hands-down.
Margaret
Margaret, congrats on the random losing! And double yay for your sister reaching out! My mother in law is moving to the twin cities area in the next month or so, and just started the process of reconnecting with her eldest son, who she has been estranged with since she got divorced over a decade ago. I hope you and your sister can be back to old times in no time at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all, well my first Tuesday WI today, don't expect a loss since my last WI was last Thursday, we'll see. Check in later. Have a great morning all!
You could be surprised, we can have tiny losses every day. Your whoosh fairy may not have had the update that you now have a new weigh in day, but I'm sure they'll get the memo soon!
Closed Thread