Old 07-22-2012, 11:32 PM   #1  

Default Helpful Hints for Week 1???

starting Day 1 tomorrow.
Why do I feel like I'm going to fail even before I begin...
I so DO NOT want to fail...but... I'm afraid I can't even make it through DAY 1 -- there's just something about those little packets of dehydrated food?

And... im confused about the Lean & Green. So, if I have a salad w/ Chicken for lunch... I'm trying to figure out what dressing to put on top. I usually eat in the cafeteria for lunch; there's a good salad bar...and can get the lettuce and chicken...but.. dressing? Confused.

Would lOVE to see Hints fo Making Week 1 work. ...day at a time... right?
lestowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

OK, breathe!

So, you can have dressing - if your protein is chicken, you get 1 fat serving - so 1 teaspoon of oil, a little more if it's premade vinaigrette. I've learned that I don't really need the oil if I can have lots of good flavored vinegar on my salad with salt & pepper. See what works for you.

First day - drink lots of water - whatever the problem, water is often the solution. It helps with hunger, headaches, and dizziness. And most people find that MF food makes them thirsty. I have no problem drinking 100 ounces a day.

Eat the dill pickles if you need them. If you're really starving, eat an extra MF meal. It's better to have an extra bar or shake than eat more "real food".

Don't try to give up caffeine right now - you're doing enough.

Plan on being a little cranky, possibly headachy, or tired for a few days. It kinda depends on how many carbs you've been eating - going into ketosis is carb detox. I had a pretty easy first few days, but everyone is different. If it's bad, it WILL get better - hang in there and drink more water.

Good luck - you can do it!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #3  

Thank you. I feel like this "moodiness" is 10x worse than PMS... I'm a bear today. Thanks for the support. I thought I was read-up on this MF, but when I actually started to implement, felt like I was jumping off a 10' cliff...
lestowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I am on Medifast's clone, Wonderslim. I know the diets are similar, but not the same. So, I figured, maybe this would help, at least with dressings? If you are like me, and can't stand a vinegar dressing, there is a pretty decent one to try. Go to DietDirect and look up the Bariwise dressings. I had it the other night and was surprised to find I actually liked it better than my normal dressing. Maybe it can work with your diet too, like it does with mine? Of course, it made me realize I had over saturated my salads in the past. C'este la vie, right?

Last edited by zoesmom; 07-23-2012 at 08:32 PM.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 298/293/160

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the dressing idea. I love creamy dressing and it's why I'm where I am today. I made the good seasons with less oil and some water. I'm getting on to order dressings today. I've also been using a WW trick...put the dressing in a cup, dip the fork in the dressing and then spear the lettuce. I was able to stick to 1 serving of dressing. I have always said " I like lettuce with my dressing"
suntantoes is offline   Reply With Quote