Old 07-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 400/350/200

Height: 5'9"

Default New Member

Hello all, just getting started on my program and have shed a few pounds already. Glad to find a men's forum for weight loss, most of them seem to be about bodybuilding and I'm not there yet.

In my early 30's and wanted to be fit by 30 but work and such made sure it didn't happen. Changed jobs to something more stable now and decided now was the time. Through a combination of a personal trainer that I like (helps that he's a friend of a friend) and one of those pre-portioned meal plans I've shed a few pounds but I'm impatient Hanging in there though.

What's up with the draconian anti-spam rules, 20 days to set a signature? I was really looking forward to setting up my little progress scale. Ah well. Glad to be here.

Last edited by supermario; 12-11-2012 at 09:20 PM.
supermario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

MARIO ~ the 20 day + 20 post rule is just to make sure members are legit (not spammers or weirdos). You can make up your own signature in the "User CP" area (see top left menu); click on "edit signature" and put in what you want. You just can't get a Ticker or send Private Messages or post links, etc until you've been here a little while. It's all for our protection too; but the time will pass by quickly.

Good luck with your program ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:29 PM   #3  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Welcome supermario - It's always nice to have another man around 3 Fat Chicks.

The guys are distributed around and about on all the threads, occasionally dropping back through the Men's Forum to say hello. You can't always tell who's male by their Avatar.

Yep, the anti-span rules are a pain. I assure you that the deluge of SPAM posts are real. There are active 'bots around the globe constantly posting or attempting to post on 3FC - just a fact of an open World Wide Web.

Have you chosen an eating plan or exercise plan yet?
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 400/350/200

Hey thanks for the warm welcome. I am kinda letting the trainer pick the exercise plan, we lift 3x a week (alternating chest and legs, with some cardio mixed in) and I'm going to start doing 30 minutes or an hour of cardio on my own on 3 of the days I don't go. As for the food, yeah, just doing one of the preportioned meal places where you get breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. Tastes like diet food but I'm learning a lot by what's in them versus what's not. Very little salt and cheese, no white flour/pasta/rice, cut out carbs after mid-afternoon snack. I do cheat every once in a while to remind me that I need to integrate this into my real and everyday life, not to just do it on a temporary basis while I'm reaching a goal.

Interesting how I'm so impatient, it feels like I've been on it for months but it's really only been 2 weeks. Just gotta stay the course. First and second conservative mini-goals are ~50 by the holidays, ~100 by this time next year. So we'll see. I'm interested in adding to some of the older topics so I might necropost a bit since threads age a bit quickly
supermario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Hello everyone. i have been on IP now for 6 weeks hoping to lose 100 pounds. alittle more then half way there. so glad to see so many people posting things on this site. kinda helps out on the bad days.

Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 407/296/210

Height: 6' 3"

I'm new too, I've ran into this site many times when google-ing about weight loss, but I thought it was "chicks" only. After poking around I found this section so decided to register.

I started at 407 about 5 months ago, (actually one doctor scale had me at 412) and my brother was only about 10 pounds under me, I'm an inch or so taller than him. We started looking seriously at diet plans and decided to start one, now both of us are down +/- 75 pounds. According to my home scale I'm 330 this morning. My goal is 210.

It has been great doing this with my bro and another friend for support, and this forum looks cool too, I can see it being a good inspiration.

I havent felt this good in a very long time, I've been huge for about 13 years or so. Now I actually rode my longboard yesterday I need new smaller pants pretty bad, and a funny thing is how much easier seat belts are, and chairs with arms dont annoy me as much. Still have a long road ahead, but its going well.

I'll try to pitch in here, thanks.
Mikros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 333/322/230

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikros View Post
I'm new too, I've ran into this site many times when google-ing about weight loss, but I thought it was "chicks" only. After poking around I found this section so decided to register.

I started at 407 about 5 months ago, (actually one doctor scale had me at 412) and my brother was only about 10 pounds under me, I'm an inch or so taller than him. We started looking seriously at diet plans and decided to start one, now both of us are down +/- 75 pounds. According to my home scale I'm 330 this morning. My goal is 210.

It has been great doing this with my bro and another friend for support, and this forum looks cool too, I can see it being a good inspiration.

I havent felt this good in a very long time, I've been huge for about 13 years or so. Now I actually rode my longboard yesterday I need new smaller pants pretty bad, and a funny thing is how much easier seat belts are, and chairs with arms dont annoy me as much. Still have a long road ahead, but its going well.

I'll try to pitch in here, thanks.

How did you loose the weight you've lost so far? I am just getting started and would appreciate the help.
Texas79 is offline   Reply With Quote