Old 07-16-2012, 01:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Blue Team 2012 Spring Into Summer CHAT Thread Week 12 (07/16-07/22)

Blue Team Total Lost: 7.1 lbs. as a team or 0.61%

Blue Team Biggest Loser: Bigmid (-3.0 lbs., -1.63%)

Honorable Mentions:

ak812 (-1.6 lbs., -0.90%)
EofAZ (-1.8 lbs., -0.74%)
tkkoz (-0.7 lbs., -0.27%)

Congratulations to all the losers this week ! You ladies are really rocking the end of this challenge. Only 2 more weeks to go !
Old 07-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #2  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Good Morning, Blue Team! Let's make this week one to remember. I guess there will be quite a bit of competition among the last remaining members to make the BL or HM the next two weeks, lol. My, we are a small remaining group but so dedicated. Remember, David brought down the Giant with one small stone. We can do this.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #3  

Yup, Retiredone, before you know it we are going to have completed our Challenge, and looking back I'm pretty pleased with the progress I've made in spite of it being summer with vacations and holidays and weekend trips with the grandkids happening all around me. We had a great time at SeaWorld this weekend. The scale us up a pound but that could have been much worse.

Boy, all those steps at the shows this weekend and I didn't manage to count any of them. I did log 70 flights last week, I was neck to neck with one of the guys and walked to the main stairwell and walked down and back up one flight. Everyone in the break area gave me an adda girl and it just so happened the guy I was trying to beat was sitting there. I laughed and told them it was all Chris' fault, that I needed one more flight to take the lead from him. He's about 1/3 my age and laughed and said he was impressed (frankly so was I). I'm off to a good start this week, it is Monday and I've logged 17 flights and lunch isn't over yet. No plans to hike anymore today, unless someone needs something down in the lobby.

Have a good one,
Old 07-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #4  

CanadaMel -- I agree, I think having one big chat would work well. The two seperate chats doesn't allow for any interaction between teams and that could be fun.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #5  

Congratulations ak812, EofAZ, and Tkkoz great job on you losses this week.

I'm down another pound this morning from yesterday so I hope to keep that plus one more and then maintain that while I go to BC for 5 days. That will be the hard part.

Also tonight I'm going out with friends to a Mexican restaurant that I have always wanted to try....now with the extra loss I don't want to go anymore. I'm scared.....I love taco chips and salsa and all the other yummy stuff....can I use self control. I guess we'll see.

retiredone we are a small and mighty group, we shall do this

EofAZ good job on all those stairs, keep it up

Well off to hop on the treadmill, or elliptical, or do a tape

Last edited by Bigmid; 07-16-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday Bluesers !

Hope you are all having a great Monday so far... it's already starting out to be a good week here. I got my butt handed to me by the personal trainer this morning then had a DXA scan and measurements taken for the Doc at the gym. The evaluation went well despite the few blips I've been having along the way the past few weeks.

Thank you very much to Bigmid for stepping into the co-leadership role for the Blue Team ! She will be doing the updating and daily leadership of the team and I will be doing the weekly totals. We are officially Tag-Team-Co-leaders.

Have a great week Team !
Old 07-17-2012, 01:12 AM   #7  

Thanks Leslie! It will do me some good coming back everyday again. I have been getting better with it already the last 2 weeks or so. Sometimes I'm not posting as I was still the last one to post

Great job with the gym and them having a doctor there too that's awesome for everyone's benefit.

Well I was super bad tonight and just hope that I will be okay as I have been so under in calories for a few weeks now that one blip won't kill me. Not sure if I should risk the scale tomorrow or not as there was so much sodium in everything.

We ended up not going to the Mexican restaurant and went to Applebee's where my meal would have been okay but we shared the appetizer and it was not healthy at all. I had an app that said one thing and when I got home I found out I needed to double that total

Well here's hoping, bad thing is it wasn't even that great should have had soup and salad instead. Oh well to late now.......treadmill tomorrow.

Good night all.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #8  

Bigmid, you are correct. One dinner out isn't going to break you unless you allow it to get into your head. Just drink extra water today to help with the sodium and you will be fine. Now I will go have a glass of water .... because .... can we say dido?
Old 07-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #9  
Isabella

As far as I know, I'll be gone a week starting tomorrow. I think I'll log in my weight tomorrow morning before I leave because I don't want to use DIL's scales as they will probably not be the same as mine. I'll be back again by next Wednesday so I won't have to worry about the last week's weigh in.

Thanks Bigmid for stepping in to fill the breach. We all really appreciate the work that goes into leading/co-leading a team.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #10  

EofAZ - I was okay after my meal and as of this morning I'm still down a bit. Thanks

retiredone - have fun on your week away, thanks it will be nice coming back to stay more accountable. It will be nice to have Leslie as my partner in this next round.

Well I've been doing okay with the keeping some weight off part, I'm worried now though as I'm leaving for BC tomorrow to check on my condo there. When your away from home and eating out every meal it can be tough. I hope to at least maintain as when I get back we are at final WI.

I was at the dr. office yesterday for my physical and they wanted me to be weighed....gulp, I avoided it yesterday morning for a reason. However with clothes and shoes on I weighed what I did the previous morning....so happy about that. The bad part is I then asked to be measured.....I shrunk.....big time. That not only sucks as I've always wanted to be taller, but puts me in a whole other BMI weight category

The nice thing is he agrees with my goal weight of 168 which I think I will be somewhat happy at and if I want to go down more and think I can maintain I can. But realistically 162-168 should be okay.

Anyway have a meet and great with a new dr. today, have to do laundry for the trip (I'm such an overpacker), get some supplies from Costco, get prescription......the list goes on.

So have a great day everyone
Old 07-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #11  
Isabella

Well, I got hold of a laptop at DS's place so I can check in until tomorrow. Then we're off camping for a few days with no internet.

Have a nice time in BC, Bigmid. Are you gone for the week or just a weekend?

I'll try and check in again tomorrow but may not have time before we leave.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello All-
I've posted information about the next challenge- The Fall Back to Basics Challenge

Teams will be announced by Aug 25th & the Challenge officially begins on Aug 27 with the first weigh in on Sept. 7th.
The Challenge will run for 13 weeks with final weigh in on Nov. 25th

Any questions- let any one of the Team Leaders know.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:52 AM   #13  

Just signed up Thanks Mel for posting the new challenge and linking it here

Thanks retirdone i hope it will be a fun trip it was supposed to be 5-6 days now its just 4 nights. Hope your having fun camping

Well I'm home for WI tomorrow after all. Not sure if that's good or not. I had a good weight this morning but am feeling mighty bloated now....TOM coming
I am heading to BC first thing in the morning now the good thing is its less days away and eating out. The bad thing is the hotel I booked has hot breakfast and I tend to take food back to my room.....it's free after all
The do have 2 pools and a gym so I will take advantage of that I hope. It will be a very quick and busy trip.

Good Luck to everyone tomorrow and lets all have a great WI

Last edited by Bigmid; 07-22-2012 at 01:55 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #14  
Ready to lose

S/C/G: 122.7/tick/62

Height: 5'4"

Thanks canadamel, leslieb and bigmid for the new challenge