Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268/249/160

Height: 5' 7

Red face Not a good day

Hey everyone, i am new to this site but I wanted to find a place where I can actually stay motivated. I am a Yo-YO dieter. I will do it for about a month and then I will get fustrated becuase I did not get my results and then stop. Well today i came to the realization that I have to get myself in shape. I went to an amusement park and instead of having fun with everyone my mind was preoccupied with the fact that I may not fit on the rides. That is not good. So today is the day i make a change. I started my diet on Wednesday of this week and i plan on staying strong this time. I have never been the dieter that counts calories or weighs in. I go off of how I feel and how my clothes fit. So this time when I feel like giving up I am going to come here to get support to stay on the right path. In the past I have dieted for others and due to what others may say but this time it is for me. I think that is what will make the differnce. This was sort of an introduction and a venting post. I look forward to the good conversations on here about how we can all take control of our lives.
Aswallac89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW-267/SW-252/ticker/GW-180

Height: 5'2"

You can do it! Find a physical activity you enjoy doing, healthy food you like eating and make it a lifestyle change!! Way to go!
westcoast rosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #3  

Thank You.. Finding the healthy food is the hard part. Im not a big veggie eater so I get tired of eatingchicken...
Old 07-21-2012, 12:57 AM   #4  
Summer 2012! :)

S/C/G: 350/165/165

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aswallac89 View Post
Thank You.. Finding the healthy food is the hard part. Im not a big veggie eater so I get tired of eatingchicken...
different spices!
trancedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:49 AM   #5  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

It may have been a crappy day, but at least it led up to you making a positive life choice. Good luck, stay strong, and post lots...people around here are very helpful and supportive since most have gone through the same things you're going through. Welcome!
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:30 AM   #6  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on starting your journey you can do this!! Keep your head in the game. I was like you, just one day it hit me and I was 100% motivated. And I see that is where you're at. results don't happen overnight, but if you stick to your plan you will see the difference you're looking to achieve
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Hey everyone, i am new to this site but I wanted to find a place where I can actually stay motivated.
As we 3FC'ers are fond of saying, "you don't need motivation, you need commitment." I find that thought very useful when I'm supposed to work out and my inner child says "I just don't wanna." Or when I feel like munching my way through all munchables in the house (and I don't mean baby carrots). Make a commitment for, say, 6 months, and remind yourself of this when you feel unmotivated, even if it's often.

HTH Freelance
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:42 AM   #8  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

I was like that too. I'd decide to lose weight, I wouldn't see progress, and I'd give up. Two years ago, I bought my biggest size ever, and I knew i had to do something to change it.

Congrats on your new commitment to lose weight and become healthy, and welcome!!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
I don't know what veggies you eat, but try some that you don't normally eat. You might be surprised! And fruit is always an option. Fresh fruit has lots of fiber, just watch the sugar content.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. I understand you wanting to keep track of your weight loss by how your clothes fit, but soon people are going to ask how much weight you've lost and you're going to want to tell them at some point, so my advice is weigh yourself and measure yourself now. Even if you don't do it again until you think you're done losing. You'll be glad later that you did. I weighed but didn't measure. Now I really wish I had. I did measure the waist and hips of a pair of pants that fit like a second skin before I gave them to Goodwill. That was after I had lost over 30 pounds when I decided it might be a good idea to measure and see how I was doing. I really wish I had measured at least my bust, waist, hips, and thighs at the beginning.

That said, do whatever works for you! Good luck and visit often.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #11  

Thanks everyone for the support... I am going to the gym today and I am going to weigh myself and make a 6 month goal. I wear an 18 right now and my plan is to be a 14 by the end of the year... Do you guys think that is a realistic goal?
Old 07-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #12  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

If you stick to your plan I think you can definitely be in an 14 by the end of the year!
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #13  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the support... I am going to the gym today and I am going to weigh myself and make a 6 month goal. I wear an 18 right now and my plan is to be a 14 by the end of the year... Do you guys think that is a realistic goal?
Yes! I was a TIGHT 18 in March, now a 14!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

last year, I was a 22 in mid-January and a 12 on Oct 1st. You can do this.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Just stick with it. If you don't like veggies, try starting out with something that hides the flavor or makes them more palatable like butter or cheese sauce. Not gobs of it, but a little. Green Giant creamed spinach and broccoli/cauliflower with cheese sauce are pretty low cal and don't taste too bad.

As you lose weight, I think you will find that you will begin gravitating to healthier items and may get to the point here veggies don't taste so bad.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote