Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 07-20-2012, 03:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/ticker/???

Height: 5'8"

Question Can you feel that you're smaller?

I'm not sure this goes here so moderator feel free to move it.

I've noticed recently that I can feel that I'm smaller, like when I put my hands on my hips or thighs and I'm not thinking about it, I start to think about it because I guess I'm processing it as wtf this isn't correct. Heh. But when I was gaining all this weight I never had the opposite kind of moments. No I wasn't thinking about what I was doing and my body was like this is weird, bigger. So why am I getting them on the way down?

Anyone else have this?
Captious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #2  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I get that recently. I can feel my hip bones and my rib cage when I'm standing up. I can see the bones in my wrists.

I think that its normal.. I'm sure, now that we are activly losing weight, we are also more sensitive to that kind of change, almost looking for it... know what I mean? I mean, when I was gaining I was thinking 'gee, this is tasty!' not 'why do I have cankles?!' you know?

kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200+/168/130

Height: 5'2''

I've noticed the same things. I'll put my hands on my hips and it'll take me a moment to process why it feels strange.

It is kind of interesting that I can't ever really remember doing the opposite, noticing myself having gotten bigger.

Maybe it's because we're consciously working at losing weight, so our minds register any changes in that way? I know I definitely wasn't consciously trying to GAIN weight so I wasn't exactly receptive to anything showing me that I had. The opposite really lol.

Maybe its also that we gain weight slower usually, pack it on more gradually. But when we turn to losing weight (especially at first) the lbs leave fairly quickly so the change is more abrupt.

Last edited by CanadianMomma; 07-20-2012 at 08:52 AM.
CanadianMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/163/145

the first time it hit me was in missionary with DH (sorry if this is TMI lol) - when I saw my legs bent in the air I was like oh snap! Are those mine? lol
It was definitely an eye opener for me! I can't wait to get where I wanna be.
ghlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 287/175/180

Height: 5'9"

I can feel that I have lost weight most keenly when I am laying in bed. I don't even have to put my hands on my stomach or hips, I can just feel that I am smaller.
When I gained weight I was in total denial. When I lost weight I was very engaged. I think that's why I didn't notice myself getting bigger and now I can notice if I lose even 1 lb.
k8yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:52 PM   #6  
Warrior Princess

I definitely feel smaller. The sides of my midsection no longer touch my arms, there's space. Feels strange....but a good strange.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

I never really feel smaller... maybe a little bit when my clothes start getting loose. If I'm around alot of skinny people, even just in stores, I feel big again. I think it's because I'm on the tallish side, I'm always towering over most people.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 132/116.6/114

Height: 5'2"

Ok I say I can feel it in my muscles because they just feel tighter, and therefore I feel smaller.

I've started doing ChaLean Extreme recently and already I feel that space from my hips all the way up to my upper abs is just 'tighter'.

I've been stuck at my current weight for a little while, but I actually don't really mind because I'm working on getting tighter and firmer so if I stay at this weight forever it won't bother me as long as I'm working on muscle definition. It's more of a 'refining process' for me now.
Precious Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

Oddly, the place that I can feel the most that I've lost weight is when I'm in bed and laying on my side. My belly, while still big, just isn't as big as it used to be. I'm sleeping much more comfortably.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:03 PM   #10  

In the morning when I wake up I usually wake with my hand on my hip. Now there's a bone there. That certainly hasn't been there in a long time. But if I am in the gym, all I can see is how FAT I am next to those "other" girls. I feel smaller when I try on clothes in my closet that don't fit. I see that my legs are smaller when I am driving and look down. But I still look in the mirror and don't enjoy the view, even though I feel a change. I think this might have something to do with height, as another poster said, because I always feel somewhat like I am lumbering around, instead of dashing around wispily and gracefully.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/165/120

Height: 5'9

I do feel smaller when lounging around at home

Last edited by prettygirlkacey; 08-31-2012 at 05:27 AM.
prettygirlkacey is offline   Reply With Quote