Old 07-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #1  

Red face FIRST day here

Hi,

First day here and hope I am in the right place. I am on the Ideal Protein diet and began it in June 2012. It is one month today. I started at 252.8 pounds and today I weigh 232.4. My goal is 150 so have a ways to go.

I don't find this diet hard at all and have felt well on it. However, due to cost I may have to leave it and start counting carbs on my own. I will not quit just change to counting my own carbs. Do you think there is a big difference in what I am doing now vs trying it on my own?

I am so impressed by some of the post I have read. Congratulations to all and what you have accomplished!

Tigger
SNEAKYTIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #2  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi and welcome SneakyTigger! Love your username! Tigger rocks!!!!

How much does this Ideal Protein diet cost? I looked at their website and sent an e-mail to someone in my area but never heard back. If it's reasonable I might want to give it a whirl, but if not I can't afford it.

Welcome to the forum!
HealthyMeWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Height: 5'4"

Tigger!! Congrats on the loss so far!! I too love the username; Tigger is my favorite character!!!
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #4  

Red face cost of IP

Ideal protein is $250 up front for consultaion, first visit stuff. Then it is $90 per week for the food. 3 food packers per day, vitamins each day, and then you have at lunch 2 cups of veggies and supper is 6-8 oz of protein and 2 cups of vegetables. So, when you add up the cost of the packets and the regular food you purchase it adds up quickly.

It has worked well for me. I have had no problems following it but as to the question of reasonable....that is a ? mark.

I weigh in again on Tuesday so wanna see where I am on the scale then!

Have a great day all.
SNEAKYTIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome Tigger! Sounds like you are doing great. I love this forum, bc there are so many supportive people, even though we do not all follow the same diets.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote