Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-16-2012, 02:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 244/199/180

Height: 5'5"

Default Belly Fat

Hey Everyone,

Like so many other women, I have a huge problem with belly fat. It's not so much my lower belly as it's really the place above my belly button. It's this roll I can't get rid of! I started my journey at 244 and now I weigh 202. I've gone from a 24 pant for a 16. What's the best way to get rid of that Belly Fat? Thanks guys!!!
itzadreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:50 AM   #2  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Keep losing fat! Everyone has a trouble spot we wish would slim down faster than it does. But there is nothing you can do except be patient - there is no way to spot reduce or force your body to burn fat from a particular area. Just keep working your plan and losing fat, and eventually you will see the changes you want. That spot on your belly may be the last one to go but it will go. You have done a really great job so far so just keep at it.

Are you strength training? A good full-body, large-muscle-group focused, strength training program is a really great thing to do for your body, and you'll be much happier with how you look at (and even above) healthy weight if you are doing that for yourself.

Last edited by carter; 07-16-2012 at 06:50 AM.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #3  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

I swear I have a second set of boobs right below my real boobs! I can't wear certain shirts because there it is, that lovely fat roll.

I'm glad to see my second set of boob slowly shrinking, though. Just keep doing what you're doing. Lose the weight, work out, get those core muscles strong, and you'll see that ugly roll shrink!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #4  

Height: 5'4

Everything Carter said...

Just keep going!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

I have the same problem. Even last time I got to goal, I still had a little mound of belly fat. It may take lipo to completely get rid of it. I can tell you, though, that eventually clothes will hide it.
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #6  

The lower stomach area is indeed one of the hardest areas to work on. I myself struggled (and is still struggling) with losing the fat around my belly. One thing I have learned tho is that it is impossible to burn fat off from just one area of the body. So integrating cardio and core exercises with abdominal exercises will yield better results.

I think the best abdominal exercises for lower abs are hip raises and reverse crunches. You can easily find free resources on lower abdominal exercises or routines online. I find videos more helpful, so I suggest you try doing a search in youtube.
karaheissman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #7  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I also think that doing some AB exercises will help as you lose fat too. These will help tone the abdomen as well. There are many that you can try that won't cause injury. Doing tummy tucks or squeezes or holds are being recommended lots of late -- esp these two kinds ...

The easiest one (which I do every day): You lay on our back on the floor, couch, or bed -- and squeeze your tummy muscles; and hold them for as long as you can. You can start with 10 seconds and up that to 20/30/60 and more as you go. I do some for less time but more often; and some I hold longer but do only 10 reps.

The other ones are called PLANKS, and are done on the floor where you do the beginning of a push-up; lift up, hold and squeeze your tummy muscles as long as you can; and then drop down to the floor & rest for a few seconds then repeat about 10 times. You will likely have to work up to that many reps though.

Other experts also recommend leg and knee lifts for the abs and lower tummy as well. Riding a bike also helps the lower tummy as my DH can attest to. He is slim but gained all his extra fat in his lower belly; after a summer of riding his bike, his abdomen is lean and toned. I noticed this when he was doing something outdoors without his shirt on yesterday.

A trainer once taught me a special kind of situp for women that is more gentle on the neck & back: they are called lady's situps ...

LADY'S SIT-UPS:: start as a normal sit-up, but only bring your back up about 6-12" off the floor; lower, rest and repeat. Start with 10 reps, working up to 25; then change your arm positions. The traditional style puts hands behind your head. Switch to -- 1) Indian Chief: arms crossed in front of you. 2) Prone: arms straight in front of you. 3) Chest: arms crossed tight to your chest. What's nice about these is that they are easier to do, and (for those with special challenges) you can do them sitting on a chair too.

Lifting weights or heavy objects can help strengthen the stomach area as well as others have mentioned. I do toning exercises every day; I do think they help too! I have the same problem and have lost lots of inches in areas that I do them, so I say -- DO THEM ALL, esp while you are still losing fat/weight!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-16-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 244/199/180

Thanks for all the advise guys!
itzadreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #9  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Lose more weight and strength train. It will happen, but not without hard work and time
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #10  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I'm the same way - I deeply dislike the look of my big upper belly. It has shrunk a lot, for sure, but it still sticks out further than my lower belly.

I'm at the point where a good shaping camisole helps a lot. I have a couple of inexpensive ones I got at Boscov's - the brand is Teez-her. They're cotton on the outside, and come in normal tank top colors - black, white, plum, denim. I have 1 Spanx cami that currently fits, and I'll probably buy another in the fall.

I'm hoping it will get less noticeable as I continue to lose. I hope yours does, too!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote