Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 08:48 PM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Post Highly Original Relevatory Exercise So We Can Know More Things About Each Other

What we need around here is the opportunity to POST MORE! This thread idea is actually stolen, er, inspired by numerous forums all across that great faceless entity we call the web.

I think it'd be great if we had a question-and-answer survey! This will serve the purpose of revealing MORE about the people we are posting to each day AND will provide entertainment and a MORE chances to sit at a computer and type instead of eating.

So, if you WANT TO, please cut and paste the following into a post with your answers.

I won't respond to any of the answers, just avidly read!

If anyone finds this exercise trite, silly, dull, meaningless or too much trouble, well, that's ok!!!

Question #1: What weight management plan, if any, do you follow?

Question #2: How's that working for you?

Question #3: What's your favorite movie?

Question #4: What's your favorite fattening food?

Question #5: What's your favorite book?

Question #6: What's your favorite season of the year?

Question #7: What would you do if you won a zillion dollars in the lottery?

Question #8: What are your hobbies?

Question #9: What is your occupation?

Question #10: What color is your aura?
Old 08-29-2003, 09:00 PM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Post Yo!

Ok, Amarantha, I will bite:

Question #1: What weight management plan, if any, do you follow? Just started WW Flexpoints at home/online! (No, I'm not working for them and I do realize I've mentioned this about 35 times in the past few days!)

Question #2: How's that working for you? I'll let you know after my weigh-in day.

Question #3: What's your favorite movie? My Dinner With Andre

Question #4: What's your favorite fattening food? Krispy Kreme Donuts! Is there any other fattending food in the universe!?

Question #5: What's your favorite book? Couldn't narrow it down to one ... there are too many.

Question #6: What's your favorite season of the year? Fall, traditionally, but winter since I've lived in Arizona!

Question #7: What would you do if you won a zillion dollars in the lottery? Retire immediately!

Question #8: What are your hobbies? They are legion!

Question #9: What is your occupation? It's evolving; I'd have to get back to you on that!

Question #10: What color is your aura? Rainbow-colored!
Old 08-29-2003, 09:12 PM   #3  

What fun! I am a poll, trivia, and questionaire junkie so here goes!

Question #1: What weight management plan, if any, do you follow? CALORIE AND FAT REDUCING

Question #2: How's that working for you? HAVE LOST OVER 90 LBS SINCE JANUARY

Question #3: What's your favorite movie? (BRENDAN FRAZIER VERSION OF) THE MUMMY AND THE MUMMY RETURNS. ( I LOVE EGYPTOLOGY)

Question #4: What's your favorite fattening food? CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE

Question #5: What's your favorite book? WOO I READ ABOUT 4 A WEEK BUT.. THE VANISHING MAN BY JEFFREY DEAVER IS WONDERFUL

Question #6: What's your favorite season of the year? SUMMER I CAN EXERCISE IN THE POOL EVERYDAY

Question #7: What would you do if you won a zillion dollars in the lottery? GIVE MY GROWN CHILDREN EACH A BIG HUNK, PUT A BIG HUNK IN TRUST FOR MY GRANDSON, GIVE A HUNK TO EACH OF DH AND I'S SIBLINGS, TAKE OUR WHOLE FAMILY INCLUDING CHILDREN, SIBLINGS, NEICES AND NEPHEWS AND THEIR FAMILIES ON A CRUISE TOGETHER, PAY ALL OUR BILLS OFF AND OUR CONDO AND CAR OFF, BUY A MERCEDES FOR ME AND A NAVIGATOR FOR DH AND TRAVEL TRAVEL TRAVEL.

Question #8: What are your hobbies? PHOTO SCRAPBOOKING, READING, COOKING (WHICH GOT ME INTO TROUBLE OBVIOUSLY!
), DECORATING MY CONDO.

Question #9: What is your occupation? WHEN I AM WORKING I WORK IN THE CLERICAL FIELD

Question #10: What color is your aura? WELL I AM NOT REALLY AN "AURA" BELIEVER, BUT I WOULD SAY IF I HAD TO PICK A COLOR THAT I AM I WOULD SAY YELLOW BECAUSE I AM A SUNNY PERSON.

THANKS FOR GIVING US SOMETHING FUN TO THINK ABOUT!

FAYE
Old 08-29-2003, 10:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Well Here goes mine:

Question #1: What weight management plan, if any, do you follow? A combination of Weight Wathcers and South Beach Diet

Question #2: How's that working for you? Will have to let you know in a week or so... just started and I havent been real good yet....

Question #3: What's your favorite movie? Boy thats a hard one.... like soo many..... Pretty Women; Casablanca; The Bone Collector; My wedding Video (we just got it today from the videographer

Question #4: What's your favorite fattening food? Another hard one...... LOVE CHOCOLATE.... Love sweets in general..... oh I know.... Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream...... YUMMMMMM!!!!!!

Question #5: What's your favorite book? [Almost anything.... Love Susan Johnson; Nora Roberts; Cathlene Coulter; Kay Hooper- Like murder mysteries with a little romance thrown in

Question #6: What's your favorite season of the year?SPRING..... Love it when all the colorful flowers come up.... PANSIES, PANSIES everywhere...

Question #7: What would you do if you won a zillion dollars in the lottery? TRAVEL; TRAVEL; TRAVEL..... with spa days everyday..... must have my message and my facials....

Question #8: What are your hobbies? I like to read; see movies; go to plays; photography; traveling; playing with my animals; hanging with my teenagers; snuggling with my husband

Question #9: What is your occupation? Sales rep for Commercial Wall Covering and Wall Protection.... thinking about going into real estate

Question #10: What color is your aura? I dont really know.... what does purple stand for???? that is my favorite color....
Old 08-30-2003, 11:03 AM   #5  
Empress/Queen

Bumping!
Old 08-30-2003, 06:39 PM   #6  
2006 - Panda Remix

This is me.......

Question #1: What weight management plan, if any, do you follow? Slimming World ( British)- basically low fat and low calorie.

Question #2: How's that working for you? O.K - I lost 5lb in the first 3 weeks and maintained this week. Wish it would come off quicker though!

Question #3: What's your favorite movie? Muriels Wedding, Some like it hot.

Question #4: What's your favorite fattening food? Pizza & cheese sandwiches.

Question #5: What's your favorite book? Patricia Cornwell (Kay Scarpetta books), Johnathan Kellerman, Marian Keyes

Question #6: What's your favorite season of the year? Spring at the moment, but when I am slim I'm pretty sure it will be Summer!

Question #7: What would you do if you won a zillion dollars in the lottery?Build a detached house by the sea in Ireland, a holiday home somewhere hot, pay off my debts, sort my family and friends out, set up a charity helping children and the homeless and work there as a volunteer.

Question #8: What are your hobbies?Reading, surfing the net, comedy.

Question #9: What is your occupation? Unemployed social worker

Question #10: What color is your aura? Don't think I've got one, but my faveourite colour is purple.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:09 AM   #7  
Empress/Queen

Thanks for the responses, guys! I'm gonna keep bumping this for awhile to see who else bites!!!

Old 08-31-2003, 02:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/137/128

Height: 5 ft. 4.5 in.

Default Here's my lowdown

Amarantha, you come up with really great threads. I enjoy reading the responses, so here's mine:

1) I'm just trying to cut out the sweets and extra
fats right now...I'm also a WW lifetime member who is about 9 lbs. over goal right now...I may
go back and try the flexpoints, too.

2) It's working pretty good if I keep away from the number 4 answer!

3) My favorite movie which has been my favorite
since the age of 7 is The Wizard of Oz. Never
do I pass up the chance to see it (of course,
I'm sure you've guessed by my name I'm a big
music and musical lover!

4) This is a real tough one...ice cream, boston
cream donuts, pizza, pumpkin pie, ice cream cake from DQ with those crunchy things. Sorry, can't pick just one!

5) The book that I can never get out of my mind
and has to be my favorite is She's Come Undone
by Wally Lamb. Lots of song references and is
about an overweight troubled girl in the 1960's and 70's.

6) Favorite season is probably early Fall.

7) If I won a zillion bucks I'd pay off my bills and save and invest and send the kids to
college when the time comes.

8) My hobbies are reading, music, walking, cycling, going to the gym and of course being
on line at 3FC.

9) Right now I'm a stay at home mom.

10)Like most of you, I don't know my aura color
because I can't see it! Periwinkle's a nice
color for an aura, I think!
Old 08-31-2003, 02:59 PM   #9  
Empress/Queen

Thanks, Musicgal!!! I think I can see that periwinkle floatin' on the airwaves!

Bumping!
Old 09-01-2003, 01:25 AM   #10  

Height: 5'1"

This looks fun so I thougt I would jump in and add myself here!
Marti

Question #1: What weight management plan, if any, do you follow?
I've just started, but I plan on combining WW with the old Nutrition program I was on before.

Question #2: How's that working for you?
In the past it worked fabulously, I had lost 25lbs. And felt great. I've gained 10 of it back and I'm trying to lose those 10 plus 10 more.

Question #3: What's your favorite movie?
I love suspense. Sixth Sense was a good one.

Question #4: What's your favorite fattening food?
What isn't fattening anymore? Salty foods and sweets are bad with me. So DQ's peanut buster parfaits are out of the question!!

Question #5: What's your favorite book?
Enjoy reading Harry Potter with my daughter, but I've been known to read a raunchy romance novel from time to time. My way of fantasizing that I'm that beautiful thin woman in the book!!

Question #6: What's your favorite season of the year?
Fall. I love the warm sun and the cool breeze on my skin. The falling leaves are beautiful and I got together with my sweetie in the fall.

Question #7: What would you do if you won a zillion dollars in the lottery?
Cry!!

Question #8: What are your hobbies?
I'm not sure anymore, I don't feel like I get time for myself much. But I do enjoy spending time with my family.

Question #9: What is your occupation?
The company I worked for closed it's doors in April, so I'm unemployed for the time, but I plan on attending school this fall to update my skills.

Question #10: What color is your aura?
I'm not sure, I love the color red, in different shades... and orange. It's a fall thing.
Old 09-01-2003, 03:43 AM   #11  
Empress/Queen

Thanks, MNJ!!! I enjoy the Harry books, too!!!

Bumping!
Old 09-01-2003, 09:20 AM   #12  

OK, Amarantha, I'll chime in. (By the way I've avidly followed your threads for a long time, even though I don't often post.)

What weight management plan do I follow? WW 123 Success. I'm keeping a watchful eye on the successes of those following the new FlexPoints plan, I may give it a try. Being resistant to change, I'm nervous about changing what works for me, ya know the old "dance with the one that brought you" philosophy.

How's it working? Great. I've lost 20 lbs since June 7th, when I really got serious about it. Initially I lost 75 lbs 2 years ago on the 123 plan, when we changed to Winning Points I tried it and in retrospect it seemed that was the beginning of my backslide and weight gain.

Favorite movie? Hmm, it changes often. I guess all-time-since-I-was-a-kid favorite, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Is there any better looking cowboy than Robert Redford? Or cooler? I won't watch the ending though.

Favorite fattening food? This is embarrassing but okay, here goes: Pecan praline ice cream with caramel and marshmallow sauce. Just typing that made me gain 5 lbs!

Favorite book? Again, it changes according to my mood. I agree with some listed here, love She's Come Undone also. All time read it again and again and again and never tire of it--Stephen Kings the Dark Tower series, any of them.

Favorite season? Spring

If I won the lottery I'd take care of my mother who is widowed and lives on social security and in very poor health. Also, DS has a liver disease, so I'd make sure a huge chunk was set aside for his future medical needs. Aside from that my life wouldn't change all that much. I think I'd still work, I love my home here, maybe travel some.

Hobbies? Reading, movies. I used to love to bake and decorate elaborate cakes, but alas that got me where I am today, namely WW for life! It's hard around the holidays when I want to bake bake bake but don't dare because I know I'd then eat eat eat!!

Occupation? Elementary school librarian.

Aura? I can't see it. I've tried, I can't.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:18 AM   #13  
Empress/Queen

Thankee kindly Storylady for thy responses!!! Nope, no better looking cowpoke than Redford, except I don't remember the ending, so if he died, I don't wanna know! It's kind of like the way I rewrote the ending to "Gone With the Wind" when I was 12 ... in mine, Rhett turns around at the garden gate and comes right back in and they live happily ever ...

Hmmm, I digress, bumping!!!
Closed Thread