Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 189.4/173.8/150

Height: 6'

Default lost 10lbs.... but zero inches?

So as of today, I have lost 10.5lbs. Which is AMAZING, and I am so grateful, don't get me wrong! BUT here's the thing.. I feel the exact same. I look the exact same. My clothes fit the exact same. So, this morning i re-measured and guess what. All my measurements are the EXACT SAME! How can this happen? I understand the concept of water weight, but I had no idea you could have 10 pounds of it! So basically I need your opinions. Is it just water weight?

Ps. No worries. Im not discouraged, Im still plugging along proud and strong. I guess I am just curious and want to know what you guys think is up. THANK YOU!!!
KatieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

I think circumference measurements are far more subject to error than weight, because it's impossible to guarantee we're always measuring at the same spot and with the same degree of tightness/looseness. You can't argue with a 10+ pound weight loss. Don't worry about the inches, and I suggest measuring less often -- perhaps once every 20 pounds. (Come to think of it, I never measured my inches throughout my 55-pound weight loss.)

F.

Last edited by freelancemomma; 07-14-2012 at 10:35 AM.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #3  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Inches are a fickle thing. I think that due to error, it's best to not measure more often than once a month, and don't expect huge changes even then.

Because I do my measurements myself, I know there's lots of room for error. However, I thought I'd see more change by now. Since November, I've lost 12 pounds and my clothes are noticeably more roomy. Yet in that time, I've lost only an inch, according to the measure tape. It was 2 inches, but from one month to another, I gained an inch back (not really, I'm sure it's error). Perhaps an inch is significant.

As for seeing no change in your appearance after 10 pounds.... I understand it takes around 20 pounds to lose a size (around that, and I don't know how accurate that info is), and you probably won't really see anything until then.

Last edited by twinieten; 07-14-2012 at 01:18 PM.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote