Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/199/150

Height: 5'5

Default Anyone else crave pizza?

I no longer have any desires for junk food (chips and desserts were my weaknesses and now I could care less) but it seems like now I'm always craving pizza! And not just any pizza.. it has to be the kind you get from the pizza place. Nice fattening, greasy pizza Ugh, I even want some right now... I find it odd because before I started eating healthy, I really had no desire for it. Maybe it's just mind trying to rebel? lol... Anyone else craving food that you probably shouldn't or is it just me?!
ApeyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 345/see tracker/200

Height: 5'7"

ApeyGirl-you and I must share the same brain! I have the EXACT same craving pretty much every week. Pizza! One day I was going to run to the store and just get a frozen pizza and be done with until I realized that I only was craving pizzeria pizza. The really bad for you kind. It's literally an everyday struggle not to go and get a whole pie and devour it in one sitting.
NYFLAgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #3  
Vegalitarian

Height: 5'8

Go get some! lol jk Maybe it's just a phase... What is it you really like about it? If it's just the allure of something bad, then yeah, maybe you're rebelling... I do that too sometimes. It usually passes, but I have to have a real word with myself about what I'm doing and why I don't really want to be eating that.

Other times, I just want to eat something because I have an itching for it... It's totally human, and I let myself have it. If it turns into a week-long (or month-long) binge, I have to wiggle my way out of it, usually by finding some substitute while I convince myself it's really not worth it.

Maybe you're dealing with stress in your life? Sometimes when things go sour for me, I find my destructive side veering away from veganism (I guess because it goes against my own ideals of giving a crap about anyone.) There could be all sorts of reasons why we do things... even lacking certain nutrients could drive us to crave things.

Last edited by Astrild; 07-13-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Astrild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #4  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Absolutely I want pizza! For whatever it's worth, my tastes have changed over time, and now I find the orange drippy type kinda revolting. Plus it doesn't sit too well if I do eat it. A thin-crust, loaded veggie pizza though? Heck yeah!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

The only pizza I ever crave is the authentic Neapolitan kind (cooked in a wood stove, thin crust, Flor di Latte mozarella, fresh herbs, etc.). Apparently it has some kind of "national treasure" status in Italy. If you go to a restaurant and have some, it may cure you of your craving for the greasy-spoon variety!

F.

Last edited by freelancemomma; 07-13-2012 at 03:21 PM.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Ha, yes. It's the one thing I really always want. I could eat it every day, but I limit myself to once a week or so. It's funny because I don't crave fast food and a lot of other junk when I'm not eating it, but I always want pizza!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 232/217/145

Height: 5'6"

I love pizza and still eat it about once a week or so. I limit myself to 2 slices (I use a napkin to soak up an grease before I eat it.) - and I also make sure that I burned extra calories on a pizza day. I love love love pizza!
chickadee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #8  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I crave pizza when I am stumbling home past the pizza shop, but most of the time I don't give it much thought.

I think pizza is Culprit Number One or Two on the "Why are people overweight in the West?" list.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #9  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I live in New York in an area populated by Italian-Americans. There is good pizza every other corner. I've gotten used to the smell at this point, LOL.

I eat it every now and then. I can't eliminate it completely...

although I haven't had pizza in months for some reason now that I think about it.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Funny you should post this now. I hadn't purchased a pizza in a year and a half. I used to get one about 2 or 3 times a month. Two nights ago I caved in and got one. Ate as much of it as I wanted (a lot) and threw the rest away. Not sure where that craving (and caving! LOL) came from, but it's gone now. I agree with Krampus - Pizza is the bane of all of western civilization. It's tasty, cheap, on every corner, and just full of empty calories and other stuff we don't need. I'm staring back at the beginning of avoiding it - day 2!

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 07-13-2012 at 05:46 PM.
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #11  

Height: 5'4

I know you didn't ask for suggestions, but I'll give you some anyway

Some of my favorite "pizza" flavored recipes are super easy and really knock out that craving!

Shiritake macaroni shaped noodles with chicken breast, turkey pepperoni, tomatos, spinach, mushrooms and a good sprinkle of parmesan cheese with lots of garlic, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning. HUGE plate of food for only a couple of hundred calories and lots of protein.

La Tortilla factory whole wheat tortilla spread with a wedge of laughing cow cheese and then topped with spinach, pepperoni and chicken. Roll up the wrap and eat it... pizza wrap!

La Tortilla factory tortilla or 1/2 of a whole wheat pita (split) - bake in the oven until just crispy and then top with tomato sauce, low fat mozzarella cheese or laughing cow cheese wedge and pizza toppings (pepperoni, spinach, etc.) of choice... awesome.

They also have some decent store-bought options from Kashi and even some of the individual pizzas from Weight Watchers, Lean Cuisine, etc. ****, even the "unhealthy" totinos party pizzas, bagel bites, Lean pockets and the like aren't that bad here and there as long as you work it into your plan and practice portion control.

Even better, go out with a couple of girlfriends and order a thin crust pizza, medium size, light on the cheese and split it! Indulging here and there is perfectly okay if you can do it in moderation.

Get your pizza on Chica!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #12  

Height: 5'4

Default A few of my homemade pizza recipes

Last edited by JossFit; 07-13-2012 at 05:55 PM.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 279/223/132

Height: 5'1"

Me Too! I'm on a 100 day challenge and at the end I get PIzza at DS's Bday.
It helps knowing not forever. My 1st fast food was on a date to a pizza palour. Yep I'm that old. So pizza is very sentimental to me. Really brings back lots of happy memories for me. I do allow myself a "diet" frozen pizza- but your right, just not the same.
healthyginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #14  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Oh god...why did you have to post pictures, Jossfit? I was okay with the idea of pizza until I saw how good your substitutes looked...now I desperately want pizza and don't have access to any of the things that would make the bases for your recipes...unfortunately they DO sell frozen pizza in the market devoid of pitas and tortillas. I'm going to go drink a ton of water and think about celery now...
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #15  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Joss those look so yummy! I've been having fun making pizza substitutions too!

http://healthplusfifty.tumblr.com/po...tout-flatbread
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote