Old 07-12-2012, 07:35 AM   #1  

Default Less to Lose

I would like to start this thread to discuss and share the experience of IPers who have less to lose. I started the diet wanted to shed 20 pounds, and it is slow going. I am in a 3 week plateau, which I am fine with (as long as I get out of it soon). I lost 9 pounds the first 6 or 7 weeks, and nothing in the last 3 weeks. I also have hypothyroidism, so the fact that I've lost weight at all is a miracle. I have stayed OP pretty faithfully with only minor slip ups - too much SF gum, too much protein at dinner, an extra restricted here and there. Please share your stories, experiences, success, and frustrations with less to lose on IP.
Thanks!
explore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:28 PM   #2  

I am in the same boat. I have less than 15 pounds to lose. The first week was great with 3 lbs and then nothing for 3 weeks. Because I am very active, I have two dogs that absolutely have to get their 2 hour excersise in per day, we increased my in take. I am now eating three packets of IP for Breakfast and two snacks and 2 cups of veggies with lettuce and 5oz of protein for lunch and two cups of veggies with lettuce and 8 oz of protein for dinner. Last weight in I was down 1 lbs. Hoping this will do the trick.
markie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by explore View Post
I would like to start this thread to discuss and share the experience of IPers who have less to lose. I started the diet wanted to shed 20 pounds, and it is slow going. I am in a 3 week plateau, which I am fine with (as long as I get out of it soon). I lost 9 pounds the first 6 or 7 weeks, and nothing in the last 3 weeks. I also have hypothyroidism, so the fact that I've lost weight at all is a miracle. I have stayed OP pretty faithfully with only minor slip ups - too much SF gum, too much protein at dinner, an extra restricted here and there. Please share your stories, experiences, success, and frustrations with less to lose on IP.
Thanks!
I was on a plateau for 2 weeks. My coach took away a lot of carbs, and I stopped all Splenda.

It worked well. I lost 2 pounds at my last WI. I am at 7 weeks, and I have about 10 - 15 more to go, depending on where my BMI ends up.

Hang in there. It eventually comes off!
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #4  

Thank you for your responses. I came across an old thread with some very good information with different things people did to shake things up and get the fat moving out again. I might try going into phase 2, similar to how Markie is eating. Cindy, how did your coach remove some of the carbs? And, most of the IP products contain splenda (in the form of sucralose), so what did you eat? My coach doesn't want me eating less because I keep losing muscle mass instead of fat, and I'm wondering what amount of muscle mass loss is acceptable.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by explore View Post
Thank you for your responses. I came across an old thread with some very good information with different things people did to shake things up and get the fat moving out again. I might try going into phase 2, similar to how Markie is eating. Cindy, how did your coach remove some of the carbs? And, most of the IP products contain splenda (in the form of sucralose), so what did you eat? My coach doesn't want me eating less because I keep losing muscle mass instead of fat, and I'm wondering what amount of muscle mass loss is acceptable.
Explore,
My coach gave me IP packets that are lower in carbs...she had a nice list...so I went with things like vanilla and banana puddings, plain omelet, chicken soup and vanilla drink. No restricteds this week.

As far as the Splenda, I just stopped adding it to other things, like water. I have a hard time drinking plain water so I would warm it up and add some Splenda. So I stopped doing that. Now I prepare a 64 oz pitcher of water and add some lemon slices and some fresh mint from my garden. I drink at least that much water....but no Splenda in it.

I lost muscle too, and that is why she was concerned that I was not in ketosis.

It seems to be working well. This week is harder with the limited choices, but I am committed to get this done.

Hope that helps a little.
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #6  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

I have 16 pounds to go, but they're coming off really slowly :/
paulimapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Explore,
My coach gave me IP packets that are lower in carbs...she had a nice list...so I went with things like vanilla and banana puddings, plain omelet, chicken soup and vanilla drink. No restricteds this week.

As far as the Splenda, I just stopped adding it to other things, like water. I have a hard time drinking plain water so I would warm it up and add some Splenda. So I stopped doing that. Now I prepare a 64 oz pitcher of water and add some lemon slices and some fresh mint from my garden. I drink at least that much water....but no Splenda in it.

I lost muscle too, and that is why she was concerned that I was not in ketosis.

It seems to be working well. This week is harder with the limited choices, but I am committed to get this done.

Hope that helps a little.
This does help-- thank you!
Old 07-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/171/145

Height: 5'4"

Does anyone know why some people just lose quicker than others?

I'm content with my losses thus far, but I'm always shocked/impressed (& a little jealous) of those who seem to be dropping lots every week.
vovo is offline   Reply With Quote