View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #17
guacamole

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

It is totally scary how fast the weight comes on and how slowly it comes off. The good news is, you know what to do to get back on track and get those few extra pounds off.

My attitude for a vacation or "staycation" is that I am going to eat what I want to eat and enjoy myself. However, that means really choosing what will be worth the calories. For example, a chocolate bar and soda at the airport while waiting for a flight? Not worth it. A bag of chips and a sweet tea from a gas station during a road trip? Not worth it. However, a local specialty food from a bakery, ice cream shop, restaurant - basically something I can't get in my hometown or a convenience store - you betcha! I love to try new foods and local specialties. Yes, there will be a weight gain to show for it, but for me, it's all part of the sightseeing and vacation experience. As long as I get back on track when I get home (not that I won't bemoan the extra weight), at the end of the day, it's all good. I know that if I deprive myself completely, I'll fall off the wagon altogether. So, it's good to have occasional treats and off-plan times to look forward to.

My Reboot Journey Weight: 155 - March 6, 2017
My Lowest Journey Weight: 139 - October 2016
Original Journey Starting Weight: 212 - June 2010

-I AM MY OWN CHEERLEADER!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote