View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #16
JossFit

Height: 5'4

I am going to Las Vegas next week for my wedding and honeymoon, and have vowed NOT to overdo it! I used to be horrible about gorging myself while on vacation, but the fitter I get the less pleasant that sounds to me.

I work hard for this rockin bikini body and I want to enjoy it for more than 1/2 of a day on my vacation! I've already set aside some ground rules for myself that should help minimize the damage;

Prior to the wedding (2 1/2 days) - I am going to continue to eat on plan and workout in the mornings. Lots of veggies and protein, no alcohol, and eating when I'm hungry... not just because food is there and looks good. Besides, nothing can motivate me to stay on plan more than that slinky little wedding gown I'll be wearing!

During the wedding dinner, I have told myself to limit my drinks and to only have drinks with zero calorie mixers (no 700-calorie blended margaritas for this girl!). I'm also going to focus on all the family and friends there, and eat slowly and mindfully... and think about the lingerie I'll be wearing later and how I don't want to be bloated on my wedding night.

After the wedding I have 2 1/2 days in Vegas to just relax. My game plan is to again limit the alcohol to just a couple of drinks during the day and make my own drinks with calorie free mixers and hard alcohol (I already have some zero calorie margarita mix and sugar-free drink mixes packed), drink plenty of water, hit the gym each morning, keep my meals clean during the day, and savor really special dinners - splitting dishes with my husband and sharing deserts.

The main thing is that I don't want to spend my honeymoon covered up in 100+ degree weather because I gorged on food and alcohol when I should be in a bikini and feeling comfortable. I want to enjoy all my friends and family and be happy when I see all the photos from the trip. Besides, I'd much rather have a couple of pounds of water weight to deal with at the end of it rather than 10 pounds of serious weight gain.

I work too hard day-to-day to feel good about my body, and if I abused my body in the name of "deserving it" what kind of sense would that make? We spend so much time preparing for swimsuit season and then turn around and toss it in the trash over some french fries and ice cream... it just boggles my mind.

Thank you for making this post, really. Its just another reminder to stick to my plan!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote