UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 97.3/97.3/57.2

Height: 5'2

Default New fat chick on the block!

Hello everyone,

I am Sherry and am new here. I have really been inspired by how much some of the members of this site have achieved and I hope I can be as successful.

I am not good at dieting, I am weak willed and as a great man once said " I can resist anything but temptation". I have tried to do this before and have failed but this time I really want to see it through.

I gave birth to my darling daughter in 2009 just over three months prematurely. I had slightly high blood pressure pre-pregnancy and was being monitored for it, but it was not necessary to take any medication. however at 26 wks into the pregnancy I developed severe pre-eclampsia, bubs and I were both critically Ill but we both made it

Unfortunately the blood pressure has remained high after this episode and I am currently medicated for it quite heavily. If I can lose weight then it could really have a positive effect on my blood pressure. Also, my partner and I are getting married in August 2013 Nd I really want to be able to look at the pictures and not wince!

Sorry about the over indulgent loooooong post but thought I would give a little back ground.

I would love a weight loss buddy if there is anyone else in the uk just starting their weight loss journey like myself. I intend to go to the chemist and get myself weighed accurately this week as my own scales cannot be trusted....step on them three times and ger three different weights...."errm il take the lightest then please"!

any advice always welcome

Good luck everyone x
sherryberry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/156/125

Hi Sherry,welcome to 3FC and welcome to UK chicks! You'll find lots of great support, advice and encouragement here. There's a separate support thread for almost any diet type, age group and exercise preference.

Feel free to drop into the UK chicks challenge thread, that's where most of us hang out!
Marchmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:49 AM   #3  

Hi Marchmallow

Thanks so much for the welcome, I will check out the other threads you mentioned and try to mingle a little!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:09 AM   #4  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Hi sherryberry and welcome. Where are you in the UK? You don't say how much weight you would like to lose?
What a terrible experience you and your little one have had. I was so blesssed with my 2. Needed 2 C sections but all was well and now they are 16 and 7 respectively....how did that happen???
I take lots of meds for other health problems and I know that as I lose more and more weight my health problems should improve, but it does give you an extra bit of mountain to climb. I check in here a couple of times a day as I am not working at the moment, so anything I can do to help...let me know.
Good luck!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:30 AM   #5  

Hi Mountain Walker

Thankyou for the welcome! I am in Stockport, Greater Manchester. I am really not sure what I weigh right now but am off to Cohen's Chemist later to find out....I am dreading it to be honest but I have to start somewhere. I expect it to be between 14.5 and 15st. I am a shortie at 5'2 so my ideal weight is apparently 8.5st........I am going to set my target to 9st.......which to be honest seems totally ridiculous at the moment, but I may as well aim high! I will post again when I get back from my trip to the chemist and I can make myself one of these ticker thingies!! Hopefully we will both be able to reduce medication for certain weight related issues as we shrink..........fingers crosssed! x
Old 07-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #6  

Well it's worse than I thought!

The scales in the chemist gave me a scary print out, it reads as follows......

Weight 15st 4lb / 97.3kg

Height 5' 3.7" / 1.62m

B.M.I. 37.1

So it came as a bit of a shock. I am on my period right now and obviously I was fully clothed with trainers on so I could maybe account for a few pounds there, but I am going to weigh myself weekly now at the same chemist so any weight losses/gains should be pretty accurate. I am assuming my trainers account for the extra height as i always thought I was 5"2!!

Last edited by sherryberry79; 07-10-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

Water weight and periods can certainly screw things up. That plus your clothes means I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to weigh at home and came in at just under 15st.

Still, at least now you know where you're starting at! And the higher the start weight, the more impressive the loss when you hit target.
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #8  

I hope it is water weight Brid, I was prepared for up to 15st but I have to say those extra three pounds really were not expected. As you say, the greater the starting weight the more impressive the loss........a lovely way to look at it!

I have just started a thread (largely copied and pasted from here) in the support section as I can see that it is a more relavant section of the forum!
Old 07-11-2012, 05:48 AM   #9  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Brid you are so encouraging in your posts. Sherryberry you have made the first moves to sorting yourself out...first day of the rest of your life and all that!
Good luck!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 110/189/110

Height: 5'4

hey sherry! hope you enjoy the forums
i33BabyGirl33i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #11  

Hey Sherry,

Welcome!!

I feel your pain on the weigh in thing: I avoided scales for years, but always believed that I was somewhere around 13st, imagine my horror when I stepped on those scales and read 15st 3 !!! at 5' 4"

I very nearly ran to the nearest KFC to get a bucket of chicken, just to pull me through the shock!

Anyways, I am happy to report that I am now 14st 9 (about 6 weeks later) and I found this site about a week ago, I am hopeful that the combination of such a supportive environment,seeing other people's stories and my determination to succeed will prove just the right cocktail...Already I am starting to feel so much better about myself, and I hope the same for you
EmpressMimi is offline   Reply With Quote