Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 03:15 PM   #1  

Default back door friends no. 2

Hello! This is a continuation of a very supporting thread. No matter where you are you will always find this back door opened.

I'll post more later!
Old 08-30-2003, 03:35 PM   #2  

Default from rosey

Well my goodness but that time has flowen by..here we are a new thread..hope everyone finds us rosey
Old 08-30-2003, 07:34 PM   #3  

Using my flex points again today. I shouldn't of had rice... LOL

Donna
Old 08-30-2003, 08:25 PM   #4  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Oh no and I cant get to my target even. Day 3 and no flesx yet for me! Oh and going by scales at home I am down 15 pounds since July 1st. Yeah for me!
Daphne
Old 08-31-2003, 01:59 AM   #5  
Just girl striving 4 thin

oh man I didn't find this thread until I opened a new one so what a goof ball on my account....gee I feel like a ditz...
well I guess I will go back and try to close it down...
I am doing ok just need to hit the hay...
I can't believe we got shut down again..though it looked like she shut alot down at that time..
how did you know to open a new thread...it looked liek she shut down at 9 something( uh yeah that is AM not PM!!!) I will get with the program TOMORROW!!
Ok time for me to go to sleep and wake up more alert and smart..
hope you are all having a great weekend...
chat soon..

Last edited by Sheree~AK; 08-31-2003 at 02:08 AM.
Old 08-31-2003, 02:02 AM   #6  

Well I looked and can't figure out how to close it down..so I guess it just goes away...I by all means didn't want begin TWO threads...I have a hard enough time keeping up with the one..so maybe everyone will find us here and just IGNORE me over there on my brain fart night...I really looked and didn't see any one posted a thread...man...do I feel stupid..ok enough already..

Last edited by Sheree~AK; 08-31-2003 at 02:07 AM.
Old 08-31-2003, 02:43 PM   #7  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Wooohooo Sheree you posted.
I have a migrain and am fighting with the husband creature. We are now not leaving to go to see friends at the camp ground. We are staying at home and fighting. Wow I have so much excitement in my life. I stay at home all the time and raise his damn kids. He leaves toen all the time and when asked to help with his DD daughter he sleeps. Long story I will post in journal.
Daphne
Old 08-31-2003, 03:02 PM   #8  

Default from rosey

Morning everyone..hows everyone doing today?? im fine..the sun is shining but theres a nip in the air and the leaves are turning yellow allready plan to go to bingo later today yahooooo i luv it sheree bless you..i have lots of brain farts too as long as we find each other and stick together thats all that counts rite??im journaling again and it reallly is helping..whenyou see what you eat in black ink..it makes you think whats going in your mouth..im not totally back yet but doing better..we celebrated our anniversary yeasterday..i made a nice shrimp dinner and a vegie strir fry..we have been married 34 years now and even with all the hills and valleys we have gone thru i wouldnt want to be with anyone else..hope you all had agreat weekend..will let you know if im a winner or looser..rosey
Old 09-01-2003, 12:00 AM   #9  
Going the extra mile

Default Remember me ?

I guess i better start this message off by saying - long time no see i bet your saying .. lol . I hope ya'll remember me ? Kim ? defender4god ? Ifs only been what a few months ? I see a few i still remember on here ? where is TallTracy , Summer , Lakelog , Akrosey , dlz , and the rest ? what have ya'll bee doing for the months i have been away ? i bet alot and i know i cant catch up .. lol . But i do hope ya'll remember me ...
So how has everyone been ? i hope in good spirits . Is everyone still here ? Im sure i wasnt the only one to get gone for a while . Had to take care of some things here , and couldnt make it here to post .
Well i want take up much time here .. I just wanted to pop in to see how everyone was , and to see if ya'll still remember me ? Let me know .. <smiles> Take care and hope to hear from ya'll , and i will post again soon ..
take care and many blessings to all .
Kimbrely Defender4god .
Old 09-01-2003, 09:11 AM   #10  

Default HELLO KIMBRELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't believe it when I saw your entry, Kimbrely!!!!! I'm so happy to see your post!

We all have been wondering how things were for you. Please fill us in on what's going on with you.

On our thread we still have me, (dlzbth also real name Donna!) Summer, Dana, and Rosey. Tracy is not here on this thread and we miss her. We also have a couple of new ones I don't think you met Sheree from Alaska and Glen from Canada (hefty1) and Daphne (dabrat) from Washington state.

Sheree, Daphne and I are on the Weight Watchers plan and all three of us have been doing pretty good. Especially Sheree who has become an official hostess at her meetings. Summer is just starting her venture with the South Beach Diet and she and Jim have just come from a very trying 6 months of chemo for Jim. I of course will let her fill you in but I'm just too excited to keep my fingers still!

Dana has had a trying couple of months as well. Found out the hard way that her oldest son has Diabetes and she has been outstanding through the trials and adjustments this has brought to their family. We have some outstanding women on this thread you will enjoy hearing all their stories!

Rosey's dh just had back surgery again and she's been a care taker as well. She is also a very strong woman.

Daphne takes care of two children of her husband's that have various needs. The daughter Megan especially. She's been doing great with her WW and we are proud of this strong woman too.

Gosh, I know I'm leaving something out but I should leave that to the individual people. Glen, didn't mean to single you out when I said strong women!

Kimbrely, I am looking forward in hearing back from you. My friend Tracy from Chesnee, SC had a forward with a defender4god addy on her list and I asked her if it was you because we have been wondering about how you were since haven't heard from you since MAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great Labor Day everyone!

Donna
Old 09-01-2003, 10:32 AM   #11  
stbakd

hi kim: i am ww a need alot of help cooking for a single man.
are out to find the others.
glen
Old 09-01-2003, 01:28 PM   #12  

Good monrning..
great to hear from you Kimbrely....I began to post one of your last posts...you touched my heart...I hope things are on a mend for you!! How is the health?
Hey Glen..the house is coming a long well...tehy are putting the trusses up today and the well goes in too...we bought flooring for the kitchen; hard wood! We found a good price..hey thank you for putting words on my brain fart thread but don't go back there again...I don't know how to delete it so it just needs to dissapear..
We were talking about our trip back to Anchorage to get out appliances but have to wait for teh garage to be heated so they can go in there.
Well teh weather is awful here..rain rain rain and more rain...we had a beautiful day Saturday and since then has been wet...I am heading to the gym soon and tehn off to school to pull papers for teh week.
Donna you did a wonderful job of summing the past 3 months up.. for Kim! How are you doing these days? Is elena having better days in school?? Being a teacher now I understand what kids go through when they are there!!
Glen cook meals and freeze portions?? There was a lady in our WW class that said she cooks soups and freezes them in jars so they are single servings..
Rosey...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY 34 years...what a blessing for you..I totally understand the ups and downs thing...as long as you strive for up then the downs do pass..
Daphne..have you ever been through counseling or anything through church? Do you go as a family? Does your hubby work long hours? Is he gone a lot? Some men just don't think they need to help out around the house..you can't change him you can change yourself and your attitude so he will be convicted to change ( over time) Things don't happen fast when change takes place.. I have not always had a great marriage. My hubby used to drink and be a pain and not do much around the house either. We had a change of faith and I got saved and we changed everything..I used to wear the pants of the family and now he is the leader of our household...I used to laugh at that idea thinking he can't run everything he wouldn't be able to do it...well low and behold he does a better job than I do.. We had these scriptures yesterday in church..
Eph 5:21-33
Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of god. 22 Wives submit yourselves unto your own husbands as unto the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. 25 Husbands, love your wives even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church not having spot or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it even as the Lord the church; 30 For we are members of his body of his flesh and of his bones. 31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. 32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let everyone of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husand.
It may be hard to understand but in verse 25 it says that Dh should love their wives as the Christ loved the church (all people) gave himself for it..(cruxified) VS 26 says read his Word to sanctify.
Summer where are you??
kris are you out of town again..?
When does Dana come back?
Well better get going..
Have a great day!
Old 09-01-2003, 04:36 PM   #13  

I am back now. I came back about 9:30 this morning but I am still in the middle of the LOADS of laundry and no one is helping at all. They go back to school tomorrow and if there isn't cover to sleep with tonight or a towel to dry off with then that's their problem. I'm only 1 person. Not to mention I did have to cook dinner. Daphne i feel like we are definately related in a past life. Our DH's are so much alike. I could only imagine what mine would be like if our kids were only his. I feel like a single parent and we share kids. I think if those kids were your birth children, things wouldn't be any different. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand you and feel for what you go through each day but just wanted you to know, I'm in the same boat at times.

Kim I am so exstatic to hear from you and like the others, how are YOU doing? We've been SO worried about you and had no idea what may have happened. Please let us know girl.

Sherry have you always been a teacher? Maybe one in the past? Your house is going to be beautiful. How many rooms are you having? Does alaska have running city water or do yall only have wells? I guess if yall have enough rain throughout the year then a well will work. My grandparents used to have one (although probably all the elder family members did) but I remember this one in particular. My grandfather used to say that no water was as good as that well water and he'd give us a taste from a dipper. It was special times like that I treasure cause he's been gone 13 years now.

Donna my SIL's son is having a ball at Bryson this year. Normally he gets in trouble about everything but this year (so far) he's really behaving himself and enjoying it. He's so used to that christian school he went to and to be able to wear shorts this year really stumped him. He actually thought his mama forgot his uniform that first morning. I bought some wrapping paper from him saturday from that find raiser book. Our kids haven't done a fund raiser like that in several years but they are going to this year. I think they get it the end of this week.

We pretty much enjoyed the trip. Did have rain or storms every day but not the entire days. On friday night a bear drug a chair about 10 yards away and got into the trash bag that was sitting in it. The only thing he left behind was drink cans. He took/ate the entire paper plates and all traces of food. The only thing separating him and me that night was a piece of canvas wall on our camper and about 12 inches. I heard it when it happened and thought that DH left the bag hung on a tree and maybe a squirrel knocked it over but there was 3 bears sighted that night and our neighbors saw it on our site. We traced the bear tracks and they were as big as my hands nearly.

I have been bothered by this knot on my stomach for a week now. It's egg shaped and pretty deep under the skin. It's like a boil I guess but I think you would call it a cyst. i had one in the same place 2 years ago and laken kicked me somehow and caused it to rupture. It didn't feel very well and this one can get stiff and hurt pretty bad too.

Hi to summer, rosey and kris and glen. I hope I didn't forget but I'm just so busy here now and it's already 4:30. Hope you all had a fab. monday/labor day.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:01 PM   #14  

Glen, first of all I want to apologize for not including you on the WW group. But, you may have not noticed any way! LOL If you did I'm sorry.

Daphne, I am concerned about you. I hope you are doing ok. It's unusual not to hear from you or Summer.

Summer... I'm sending the guys!!! Did you ever get your hw working again?

Dana, welcome home! Elena was doing better by the end of the week in school. I just am concerned that her attention is still not where it should be. Glad you had a safe trip and man, that was scary about that bear!!!! Had you experienced that before? I can totally relate to you about having to do everything. It seems to me if my Jim does one thing around the house that excuses him from all other things. Anyway I have to admit am not the most organized person and if I could just set the example maybe the rest will follow.

Rosey, congratulations on your anniversary! How is he feeling lately? Good job on journaling now. I find that helps in more than just the diet area of my life.

Sheree, thanks for asking about Elena. She's doing some better but I have the feeling that third grade is going to be very tough. How is your daughter doing? Any better?

Well, friends I am going to the gym tomorrow morning. YES, you heard me right. I need to get back on track with exercise because it will only help me. My sister from Kansas City called tonight and we talked a long time. We are getting excited about our up-coming trip to Atlanta to see Beth Moore. We bought the tickets a year ago. It sold out quickly.

I am typing this to try and talk myself out of eating. I've met my target points today and do not want to use any flex points. I'm hoping this Wednesday weigh in is another good one.

Need to go before I lose this post. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:50 AM   #15  

hey guys, I am back. Will email more later
Closed Thread